Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Are Leeds ACTUALLY serious?

£8m for Snodgrass??

Don''t get me wrong, Lambert has always bought from below the leagues rather than buying the big names from above. But surely he is not considering splashing this much on one player. Is he?

I think its the fact Leeds simply don''t want to sell. They are simply saying he''s not for sale with that price tag. Saying that I think Porto did the same. No wonder there president had such a big smile at that press conference yesterday.

Exactly L4COLE by placing a price of 8mil on Snodgrass it says to the Leeds fans they are not a selling club.

8M for Snodgrass is rediculous fair enough if Leeds dont want to sell him but i cant see them doing particularly well next season i think the best they will do is maybe sneek into the play offs but i cannot see them doing much better, i personally place a high figure on Holt if a team came sniffing around as i think he will do well in the premiership.

"Exactly L4COLE by placing a price of 8mil on Snodgrass it says to the Leeds fans they are not a selling club"

Every club is a selling club, as the conradiction in your post highlights

The thing is Snodgrass could be worth 8m if he keeps us in the premier league and if Lambert believes he can he would pay it.

Personally I don''t think he is!

Although if Lambert did it wouldn''t hurt offering 5m upfront another 2 if we stay up and more depending on goals and assists. Therefore if we did end up spending 8m it will probably keep us in the PL.

In fairness if we had stayed down and say QPR had come in for Wes, who is also on a similar length contract to Snod then we would probably be saying 6-8 ourselves when in all honesty he is more in the region of 4-6.If they dont need to sell and the player wants to stay they can charge as much as they want, just because we have gone up doesnt give us a divine right to cheap deals with teams who we were in the same league with last season. Its exactly what we would expect Norwich to do in their position and I dont blame. Just hope a deal can be done....

The only reason this keeps getting brought up is because it is Leeds. There is nothing wrong with them demanding huge sums for their best players as they don''t want to sell them which is more than fair enough. Would this keep getting brought up if we were after Shane Long and Reading wanted £7m for him? I don''t think so.

On the basis Jamie O''Hara recently went for £5m, maybe at first glance Snodgrass should not be any more?

I know Spurs were willing to sell, and Leeds are apparently less so. It comes down to the driving forces in any market doesn''t it? Supply and demand with the final fee dependent upon what anyone is actually willing to pay.

When West Ham paid us £7.25m for Dean Ashton at least they knew they were buying a proven Premiership player on the verge of becoming England''s future Centre Forward. Snodgrass certainly has potential, but when we bought Deano at the ''potential'' stage of his career it was £3.5m - and for some that was considered bold at the time.

This season is Snodgrass really worth more to us than Vaughan, Morison & Bennett combined? To help form Paul Lambert''s new Premiership jigsaw puzzle he may well be!...

Grayson has said in an interview today every player has a price, including Snodgrass. I think the £8m is a negotiating ploy. I would think there is stuff going on behind the scenes and i wouldnt be surprised at him coming with an improved offer of £4m to £5m

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Grayson has said in an interview today every player has a price, including Snodgrass. I think the £8m is a negotiating ploy. I would think there is stuff going on behind the scenes and i wouldnt be surprised at him coming with an improved offer of £4m to £5m[/quote]

I think you could be right, but I also think this could be wishful thinking [^o)]

I am just a little bit surprised we are still being linked with him- in today''s metro, makes me think there is def something going on. I, like most on here, dont think he is worth anywehere near 8M, Leeds know that too, they would sell him for 5M for sure, could replace half their team with that money and some shrewd signings

[quote user="priceyrice"]I am just a little bit surprised we are still being linked with him- in today''s metro, makes me think there is def something going on. I, like most on here, dont think he is worth anywehere near 8M, Leeds know that too, they would sell him for 5M for sure, could replace half their team with that money and some shrewd signings
[/quote]

What was said in todays'' Metro?

they only have a few transfer stories in there every day and the one relating to us just said Lambert is going back to bid for Snodgrass but will be reluctant to hand over 8M

Shame CUSDP hasn''t got any inside info. on this one. Guess we will just have to let it go and then if it does happen it will be a pleasent surprise.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_boss_keen_to_ring_defensive_changes_1_3505452

Asked about Snodgrass’ future, Grayson said: “Nothing’s moved on from 10 days ago when we turned down an approach from Norwich. It’s testament to him that he’s worth that sort of money and we think he’s worth more than that.

“We don’t want to sell our best players but, ultimately, every player has his price whether he’s at Leeds United, Manchester United or Real Madrid. We’re not actively looking to sell our players and if they are to be sold then it has to be at our valuation, not anyone else’s. We’ll do what’s right for the club.”

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_boss_keen_to_ring_defensive_changes_1_3505452

Asked about Snodgrass’ future, Grayson said: “Nothing’s moved on from 10 days ago when we turned down an approach from Norwich. It’s testament to him that he’s worth that sort of money and we think he’s worth more than that.

“We don’t want to sell our best players but, ultimately, every player has his price whether he’s at Leeds United, Manchester United or Real Madrid. We’re not actively looking to sell our players and if they are to be sold then it has to be at our valuation, not anyone else’s. We’ll do what’s right for the club.”

[/quote]

Only 10 days ago? I''m sure it was longer ago than that unless we have made another appraoch? Or it''s an old interview which has only been written up today...