Sign in to follow this  
dhalsimsrightfoot

QPR post promotion

Is anyone else taking pleasure in seeing things potentially not going too well for QPR since their promotion?

I think where we''ve had a fairly positive start with new signings, QPR seem to be a bit all over the place - Firstly their board member stepping down controversially, then rumours over Warnock being tipped for the exit and now Taarabt having contract issues and saying that QPR will go down with the same set of players. Also, I think their 40% hike in season ticket prices is shocking.

I just wonder (even though it''s miles before the season even starts) if any of this will effect their chances next season or if their fairly sizeable purse will make it all irrelevant?

IMO they have the weakest chance of staying up out of the 20. They relied too much on Routledge and Taraabt and with Routledge not wanting to go back that leaves Taraabt who will be marked out of most games giving them a very limited attacking threat. Unlike QPR us and Swansea have several very strong attacking threats and I feel we will both survive.

QPR remind me of us when we went up last time. A team of very experience good Championship players + an outstanding attacking player.

It''s a bit early to count them out for next season, if they try to ''improve'' their team like we did back then, then they will be no great threat, but there''s a chance their billionaires will start spending. Remember most teams have barely started trying to get players in.

I feel sorry for the supporters who have been with them through the wilderness years £40 plus for a ticket now! Noone really knows who will be in charge and they do not seem to have made any significant signings indeed taarbat seems to want out. They are my pick for bottom side at the moment although things can change

If you''re that convinced they''re going down they''re 2/1 at some bookies...

I''ve never been convinced by Colin. One of those overrated ''big time'' managers.

I can see this season panning out a bit like last time we were premier league.

Clear league winners not making the right signings over the summer

The other promoted teams making the class gap from the previous season and pushing them to stay up.

All three teams (plus one or two from the PL) being poor and struggling to stay up.

its not looking too good for swansea either as they hand just lost their (rather handy IMO) keeper to wolves...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13875692.stm

apologies if this has already been done.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]its not looking too good for swansea either as they hand just lost their (rather handy IMO) keeper to wolves... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13875692.stm apologies if this has already been done.[/quote]

If the goalkeeper they replace De Vries with isn''t as good with the ball at his feet, then this may disrupt their style of play at the back which they have got so used to; I think he could be a big loss for them.

For me, QPR, Wolves and for some reason I think Stoke will have a shocker and go down too!

[quote user="dhalsimsrightfoot"]Is anyone else taking pleasure in seeing things potentially not going too well for QPR since their promotion? [/quote]

No, schadenfreude tends to come back and bite you in the arse, so I try hard not to take pleasure in anothers misfortune.I try very hard but it doesn''t always work.

[quote user="Pabs"]For me, QPR, Wolves and for some reason I think Stoke will have a shocker and go down too![/quote]I agree that Stoke will struggle, but I think they will do enough to survive.QPR are the most likely of the promoted teams to be relegated in my opinion and I think that Newcastle are going to do well to survive with Asley and Pardew making a right mess of things up there.  I also think Villa under McLeish will struggle, but they too may just have enough to survive.Add Wigan and Wolves to this mix, plus maybe Blackburn (who are experts at doing just enough and probably will do once more) and I think you have the teams who will struggle the most.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Pabs"]For me, QPR, Wolves and for some reason I think Stoke will have a shocker and go down too![/quote]I agree that Stoke will struggle, but I think they will do enough to survive.QPR are the most likely of the promoted teams to be relegated in my opinion and I think that Newcastle are going to do well to survive with Asley and Pardew making a right mess of things up there.  I also think Villa under McLeish will struggle, but they too may just have enough to survive.Add Wigan and Wolves to this mix, plus maybe Blackburn (who are experts at doing just enough and probably will do once more) and I think you have the teams who will struggle the most.[/quote]Good call on Newcastle - they don''t seem to be spending that £35M from Caroll yet - also losing Nolan & possibly Enrique, Barton & one or two others. They need to get spending soon in my view. There is always one Prem Team every year that implodes and goes down unexpectedly - think Newcastle, Brum, West Ham, Southampton in recent years. Usually accompanied by poor Management choices; Newcastle - Joe Kinnear (!!!), West Ham - Avram Grant, & Southampton - Steve Wigley. Villa could just be that team if more of their team go - Friedel gone, Ashley Young at Man Utd as I type & the likes of Downing, Collins & Cuellar also linked with moves away & McLeish has a strange record as manager in the prem - having said all this you just feel that they should have too much in whatever they assemble to avoid relegation. Blackburn could also be that team - not convinced by Kean and they are probably going to lose their best player in Samba, they keep being linked with some outlandish signings but nothing materialises, will their (apparently) high net worth owners back their manager? Sooner or later Wigan will drop & the likes of WBA, Fulham & Stoke are only a bad run of injuries away from the dogfight, look at what happened to Sunderland last year when they got a run of injuries.Still feel that the 3 promoted teams are likely to be down there although one will possibly finish mid table...

I dont see stoke struggling - Pulis, as obnoxious as he can be, has evolved his and the clubs style and they are improving; teh board invest and he seems to make it work - not as attractively as Holloway but he has impressed so far and I cant see him ballsing it up yet to ruin his relegation free career.

Of course they prob will get relegated now - but I think they will do better than Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland & Bolton who are likely to joining us and the usual suspects in the bottom half of the table.

Agree with Zipper that Stoke won''t struggle at all.

Blackburn deserve to struggle.

QPR and Swansea will finish below us.

Newcastle and Sunderland will struggle.

Villa could implode.

Will be interesting to see how Fulham get on under Jol.

The strugglkers for me will be the 3 promoted clubs plus Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland and Newcastle. I think Wolves will kick on and Stoke still look strong, the old Wimbledon