Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Your worst Norwich City......

[quote user="Gareth"]Player: John Hartson (Useless fat, bald tw@t)

[/quote]

Think that''s a bit uncalled for, to be honest.

Yes, he was clearly out of shape when he arrived here but despite that you could still see what had made the guy such a good footballer in his prime.

He''s also a very good guy who talks a lot of sense.

I''d rather have a genuine guy like him, who had actually some real talent, in my team any day of the week (even overweight) rather than a flippin'' no mark "big I am" like Mark Fotheringham.

[quote user="Gareth"]Player: John Hartson (Useless fat, bald tw@t)[/quote]Do you mean the "Useless fat, bald twat" that set up Jamie Cureton''s equaliser against 1p5wich?

1. fotheringham , only norwich player i think i''ve ever disliked while playing (?) for us(although nowadays ex canary would always be danny mills)2. definitely ullathorne-gunn-1p5wich3.was gonna say arsenal 2-4 in about ''87,''88, because my dad took me and a few friends as it was my birthday and it is one of the first matches i remember (though i know i went as early as the milk cup final - but its not how i remember it. then someone mentioned the everton semi in 89, and this is definitely the one, because it was a horrible daym, and such an inconsequential match.4. roeder5.still fotheringham6. although it will always be remembered for our greatest ever match it gotta be the bird poo one circa 1993

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Gareth"]Player: John Hartson (Useless fat, bald tw@t)

[/quote]

Think that''s a bit uncalled for, to be honest.

Yes, he was clearly out of shape when he arrived here but despite that you could still see what had made the guy such a good footballer in his prime.

He''s also a very good guy who talks a lot of sense.

I''d rather have a genuine guy like him, who had actually some real talent, in my team any day of the week (even overweight) rather than a flippin'' no mark "big I am" like Mark Fotheringham.

[/quote]Your probably right about me being harsh. I usually am. And you''re right in his prime he was a good player (as the stats prove) He did try, but he was overweight and, quite frankly not that good. However thinking back on it I can think of other player I disliked more so my worst Norwich player is...Player: Fotheringham

1. Player - Brian Mcgovern

2. Goal - Rob Ullathorne OG for Ipswich

3. Match you''ve been to - Colchester 7-1

4. Manager - Glenn Roeder (I predicted the day we signed him that we''d be relegated within 2 years!)

5. Captain - Neil Emblen

6. Kit - The prem 04-05 (where the collar was round with the slit on the side)

1. Player -   Tracey

2. Goal -    Geoff Horsfield, in the play-off final

3. Match you''ve been to -   Norwich vs Man City - ''99 I think.  I was hoping to see their big names at the time (Kinkladze, Weah, etc) but they were all injured, I was in the old family corner, which was half empty and it was 0-0

4. Manager  -    Bryan Hamilton

5. Captain -    Emblem

6. Kit - Don''t know why, but just didn''t like this one.

[img]http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/media/catalog/product/i/m/image_1032.gif[/img]

1. Player â€“ Ian Henderson

2. Goal – Random, but Robbie Blake completing a hat-trick in front of Barclay in a 4-1 defeat to Bradford when he ran past block E doing that infuriating hand behind the ear thing.

3. Match you''ve been to -   Swansea away this season

4. Manager  - Roeder

5. Captain – Fotheringham

6. Kit – 2008 Xara Aviva

1. Julien Brellier

2. Darren Carter pen in play-off final

3. Norwich 1 - 7 Colchester

4. Glenn Roedent

5. Mark Fotheringham

6. None

1. Player - Too many over the years to choose one, anyone with a complete lack of effort for the cause .

2. Goal - 

Every single one of those Colchester goals was painful the seventh was like a dagger to the heart

3. Match you''ve been to - Reading away during the dark days (the day we

signed Earnie I think) I was late and arrived twenty minutes in and we

were 2-0 down. Let after about 65 minutes when it was 4-0. Truely woeful

and the shortest game I have ever attended by a long way.

4. Manager - Roeder

- a manager with premiership knowledge and contacts and experience but

systematically dismantled the team, disrupted the player morale,

alienated himself from the fans and left the club in a real state.

5. Captain - Fotheringham - a player who often was not good enough to

make the starting XI yet was the captain and inspirational leader - go

figure.

6. Kit - The asics vomit kit

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"]

2. Goal – Random, but Robbie Blake completing a hat-trick in front of Barclay in a 4-1 defeat to Bradford when he ran past block E doing that infuriating hand behind the ear thing.

[/quote]Hadn''t he just dived to win them a penalty? That was one of only two home defeats in our title season, we outplayed them for most of the match and that little sh*t kept popping up at crucial moments.And to the poster who reminded me of Brian McGovern – he has to be up there with the worst of them. Shaun Carey, anyone? Boy did we have some useless players in our nine-year exile...

1. Player - Andy Marshall, purely for leaving to join the binners.

2. Goal - o.g at Portman Road left me on the floor with my hands over my head for several minutes.

3. Match you''ve been to - Luckily I missed the Colchester humiliation. My worst was certainly Fulham away in 2005. That was one long journey home.

4. Manager - Roeder. Obviously. Ratman was a proven loser before joining. Breaking up the team, getting rid of a still fantastic Huckerby and installing Fotheringham as his Captain?? It''s as if he wanted to fail. Then his comments to the media, arsh@le!!!

5. Captain - Fotheringham. Again, obviously.

6. Kit - The Colmans kit. Just horrible.

1. Player -   Andy Hughes; I know he ended up getting a cult following but he epitomised everything that was wrong with us last time we got relegated from the PL.
2. Goal -  Probably Robbie Fowler getting the winner in the 3-2 win at CR in the Prem after we had been 2-0 up and Delia had her half-time rant.  It was about the 92nd minute and the ball trickled apologetically over the line.  Just gutting...
3. Match you''ve been to -  The 0-6 humbling at Fulham, partly the terrible nature of the defeat and ineptitude of the players, partly that I had to get back to Nottingham after with a severe headache after consuming too much beer. 

4. Manager -  Glen Roeder.  The man was just a disgrace to our club.

5. Captain -   A few have worn the armband for no apparant reason - Fotheringham, Doherty come to mind. 

6. Kit - The one designed by Bruce Oldfield with the stripe down the side and everything shoved to the side.  Horrible, and itchy.

1. Sibierski just because he looked like he couldn''t give a toss what happened when he was here. Gary Brady, Theoklitis & Simon Tracey run him very close.2. John Byrne for Sunderland in 1992 FA Cup semi.3. Col U 1-7 or the 92 semi final.4. Hamilton just ahead of Roeder & Gunn.5.Fotheringham - an unusual tactic of making your worst player Captain....6. Probably the all yellow kit & the change kit that year which was all green. Both made from really nasty material.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Charlie Sierra"]

[/quote]Hadn''t he just dived to win them a penalty? That was one of only two home defeats in our title season, we outplayed them for most of the match and that little sh*t kept popping up at crucial moments.And to the poster who reminded me of Brian McGovern – he has to be up there with the worst of them. Shaun Carey, anyone? Boy did we have some useless players in our nine-year exile...[/quote]Think the 4-1 game was in the play off season, we also lost to Bradford in the title season but that was 1-0 with some ex binner scoring (can''t remember ho off top of my head).

I''ve been supporting City since 1998.

1. Player - Tough one, we''ve had some real shit in the past. Probably Fotheringham, but I''ll add Jamie Cureton too to be different.

2. Goal - Can''t think of any specifically apart from any goal by Danny Haynes against us.

3. Match you''ve been to - 1 - 7. Second was probably when we lost to QPR the last game before Grant got sacked. Terrible performance and everyone looked grim.

4. Manager - Roeder, easy.

5. Captain - Fotheringham.

6. Kit - Probably the 1997-1999 Colmans shirt.

1. Player - Fotheringham, Sherwood, Otsemobor, Andy Marshall... somehow Danny Mills wins.

2. Goal - So many to choose from, Gunn vs scum is hard to beat.

3. Match you''ve been to - Sunderland was bad but ultimately it was only the FA Cup, Brum on pens was excruciating but just bad luck, Colchester was shocking but acted as a catalyst for our subsequent success, so the worst has to be Fulham which was completely inexcusable.

4. Manager - Roeder, who is also inexcusable.

5. Captain - Fotheringham – how did it happen?

6. Kit - the blue tartan one – whose sick idea was that???

1. Player - Mathias Jonson. Wha.... Ho.....Why?2. Goal - Kuqi''s last minute winner for Palace a few seasons back. He came on and was booed, then went on to do just what players do when that happens.

3. Match you''ve been to - Swansea away this season. 14 hour round trip on a coach with broken heating system. No-one to talk to on the coach as he was more interested glued to his phone. 3-0 loss... Bleh.

4. Manager - Roeder. Never understood the WH and Newcastle fans'' hatred towards him. Can now.

5. Captain - Fotheringham. Had a ''few'' good games for us when he had been out for some reason. But was by NO stretch of the imagination a captain. Would be anonymous for LONG periods of games.

6. Kit - The first Lotus away green shirt. I really did not like that kit for some reason. Also, the first Colman home shirt. What the hell was with the material?

Player - Fernando De Veld

Goal - John ''the bast*rd'' Byrne - a dream evaporated.

Match - 4-1 away to Swindon in the Simod Cup, with about 30 other Norwich fans on an open terrace in Mid Jan, football shirt only, abou -2 degrees and a wind chill of -1000 degrees!!

Manager - Roeder

Captain - not sure really,

Worst Kit - without the green & yellow tinted specs, the first premier league top, doesn''t stop me loving it though.

1. Player - Carl Robinson.... we have had some dross over the years but he really did take the biscuit! still the worst player I have ever seen and how he ever became a professional is beyond me... i can only assume he owed someone money.2. Goal - any of the 6 against fulham3. Match you''ve been to -   The scum away when we got relegated to League 1.4. Manager  - Roeder!5. Captain - Matt Jackson... another player i despised with a passion!6. Kit - The new one!

[quote user="Europe_93"]

Player - Fernando De Veld

Goal - John ''the bast*rd'' Byrne - a dream evaporated.

Match - 4-1 away to Swindon in the Simod Cup, with about 30 other Norwich fans on an open terrace in Mid Jan, football shirt only, abou -2 degrees and a wind chill of -1000 degrees!!

Manager - Roeder

Captain - not sure really,

Worst Kit - without the green & yellow tinted specs, the first premier league top, doesn''t stop me loving it though.

[/quote]1. Fotheringham2. Horsfield - Playoff Final3. Charlton away - Relegated to League 14. Roeder5. Fotheringham6. Colmans Mustard

[quote user="Bruce Eats Walkers"]1. Player - Juan Velasco, Ian Murray, Julien Brellier What were we thinking that season???

2. Goal - Counago, scum away 2002 after Bentsen Pen hit the post, wouldn''t have counted now as no city player had touched it before 2nd shot (which Greeno amazingly saved) had been taken. [/quote]sorry to pick you up on this but it would count... If Bent hit the post and Counago was the first player to touch the ball its a goal... it doesnt have to hit a defending player first... the only exception is if the ball rebounds to the player that took the penalty....Dean Windass had a goal ruled out against us vs Bradford for this very reason... he took the penalty, hit the post.. put the rebound in and it was chalked out.

1. Player - Peschisolido - typical end of career player just picking up a wagepacket and doing nothing else

2. Goal - For us - the penalty against Bradford that earned us a draw and could have promoted the binners

Against - the Gunny "Airkick own goal" vs the Binners

3. Match you''ve been to -   Losing 0-5 at the Binners place

4. Manager  - Smeggy Megson

5. Captain - Not sure Ive had one.....

6. Kit - The All Yellow kit from 98ish - we''re yellow AND green

Player - Fotheringham

Goal - Any scored by Fotheringham

Match - Any Fotheringham played in

Manager - Fotheringham (I had a nightmare he was announced as our replacement for Lambert. Nightmares count here)

Captain - Ummm.....Fotheringham?

Kit - Any worn by that steaming pile known as Fotheringham