Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Your worst Norwich City......

Ok in response to the best Norwich City thread, how about your worst! Yup, it''s definitely close season.

Your least favourite:

1. Player -

2. Goal -

3. Match you''ve been to -  

4. Manager  -

5. Captain -

6. Kit -

1. Player - Mark Fotheringham2. Goal - Geoff Horsfield, in the play-off final.3. Match you''ve been to -   Norwich 1 - 7 Colchester4. Manager  -  Glenn Roeder5. Captain -  Neil Emblem 6. Kit -!don''t have one!

1. Player - Gary Doherty

2. Goal - Robbie Fowler Man City home 2005

3. Match you''ve been to -   2-0 home Defeat to Reading practically resigning us to relegation!

4. Manager  - Bryan Gunn

5. Captain - Gary Doherty

6. Kit - Can''t really think of one to be honest!

1. Player - Owain Tudur-Jones

2. Goal - Ray Graydon, League Cup Final, 1975 (sickening)

3. Match you''ve been to - Wolves Home 0-4, sometime in the early 80s (luckily missed the 1-7)

4. Manager - Bryan Gunn

5. Captain - Captain Canary

6. Kit - Anonymous white away kits

1. Player - Jason Jarrett

2. Goal - The one against us this season v. Forest at home what a mess

3. Match you''ve been to - 1-7 need i say more

4. Manager - Bryan Hamilton

5. Captain - Did Fotheringham captain us once?

6. Kit - The digital phone company kits, awful

1. Player - Fotheringham

2. Robbie Fowler making it 3-2 for Man City last time in the Prem

3. Norwich 1-7 Colchester

4. Peter Grant

5. Pretty sure Fotheringham had the armband at some point

6. The season after we came down from the Prem.  I think it was our last Proton/Lotus one?

1. Player - Mark Fotheringham

2. Goal - For some reason, Robbie Fowler''s winner against us in the 3-2 defeat against Man City during our last spell in the Prem has always stuck with me

3. Match - 7-1, say no more

4. Manager - Glenn Roeder

5. Captain - Mark Fotheringham

6. Kit - None really :)

1. None, I love ''em all

2. Any scored against us

3. The obvious one !!!

4. Roeder / Grant

5. See answer no. 1

6. See answer no. 5

1. Player - Drazen Muzinic

2. Goal - how can you have a worst goal! Any we score are fantastic, any we let in i hate

3. Match you''ve been to - Everton FAC Semi 89, day of Hillsboro disaster, horrible horrible day

4. Manager - Bryan Gunn

5. Captain - Fotheringham

6. Kit - pizza/bird poo whatever you want to call it and the Colmans all yellow kit

1 - Jon Otsemobor2 - Injury time goal at Ipswich a few years ago to make it 1-1, Bent missed the penalty but then managed to tap it in I believe3 - Has to be the Colchester 1-7, really thought it was the death of our club that day. 4 - Glenn Roeder, just because of his attitude. 5 - Fozzy6 - Has to be the kit from out first premiership year

1. Player - De Blasis2. Goal - Long to lose at home to reading to literally put us down3. Match you''ve been to -   colchester 1-7 at home4. Manager  - Hamilton5. Captain - Fotheringham/ Emlen6. Kit -Colemans all yellow kit, horrible looking and material

Player- Helveg

Goal - Darren Carters final penalty in the shoot out play off final, just for that horrible feeling watching the brum fans go mad

Match - Fulham away 6-0 sent us down

Manager - Bryan Gunn, worst appointment in history of club

Captain - Mark Fotheringham

Kit - cant think of one, theres been a few tbh

Player - Theoklitos

Goal - Colchesters 5th, whoever scored it (Lisbie? Think Fox got 4th)

Match - 1-7 v Colchester

Manager - Roeder

Captain - Fotheringham

Kit - 05/06 season after Prem.

1. Player - Fotheringham - how he started every game is beyond me!! Also mentions for Sibierski who was absolutely useless.

2. Goal - Andy Johnson - first game of the prem, purely for his cheeky celebration!

3. Match you''ve been to - Col.

4. Manager - Roeder

5. Captain - Fotheringham - Just... how?!

6. Kit - Not sure, I''ve disliked a number of our away kits

1. Player - Mark Fotheringham (Can''t be Theoklitos because without him in goal that dreadful day Gunn wouldn''t have been sacked and Lambert wouldn''t have been brought in!)

2. Goal - Worst goal!? No such thing!

3. Match you''ve been to - Fulham, Premier League Season, May 2005 - (Wasn''t at Colchester game!)

4. Manager - Don''t have one - I have a liking for Grant, Roeder and Gunn for the fact that, like Theoklitos, they were so bad we had the downfall which without which we wouldn''t have Lambert!!

5. Captain - See Worst Player

6. Kit - White away kits! Might as well hold a flag up and shout "Surrender". Don''t like them!

Ah good, some excellent close season Sutchies to keep us amused!

1)      From alpha to omega the bloke was simply diabolical, yes you Daryl Sutch.  From the day you played up front away to Chelsea to ‘that’ penalty never has one player ever brought me so much misery has the hapless, hopeless Sutchy boy

2)      Technically speaking it would any of the four we put past poor old Barnsley that resulted in Gunn getting the job

3)      Any where Gunn was manager culminating in Relegation Sunday II at The Valley

4)      See above, I shudder to thinking about his time in charge and when I look nervously at next seasons fixture list I give thanks and praise to the Sainted  One, no not you Gunn

5)      Its my old chum Daryl again, unless I’m very much mistaken he had the captains armband for a game and I have a nasty feeling it was away to Birmingham.  We lost of course.

6)      The Poll & Withey had a nasty parochial feel to it, can’t think there are any real howlers. Whilst the bird dropping one of the early nineties was not the greatest we did of course play some of our finest football in it.

Bring on the Sutch fanciers

1. Player - D Beckford...... banjo cows arse

2. Goal - ullathorne own goal at poorman rd

3. Match you''ve been to -   Port vale 6-1

4. Manager  - Hamilton

5. Captain - fotherham

6. Kit - red away

1. Player - Cody McDonald

2. Goal - Goal at Swansea (we conceded 3)

3. Match you''ve been to - WBA home in Prem

4. Manager - Worthy

5. Captain - Fotheringham

6. Kit - The ugly kit when we were 3rd

Player: John Hartson (Useless fat, bald tw@t)Goal: Bryan Gunns magnificent air kick that led to an own goalMatch: Season we got relegated from the championship Charlton at home in the FA Cup. Charlton were bottom of the league at the time and had not won for ages... They beat us 1-0 I believe.Manager: Glenn RoederCaptain: FotheringhamKit: The 2001-2003 Xara kit, it''s so boring.

Player- David Marshall

Goal- has to be the one against us in the play off final, although beckfords against Leeds away in league 1 comes close

Match I''ve been to- Swansea this year? Long journey, massive expectation and no result

Manager- Roedent. Hucks, need I say more?

Captain- I liked him as a player, but the worst person at being a captain I''ve seen is Shackell

Kit- cotton colmans kit!

1. Player - Andy Hughes

2. Goal - John Byrne 1992

3. Match you''ve been to - Norwich 0-1 Sunderland. I really thought we would win the FA cup that year.

4. Manager - Glenn Roeder

5. Captain - Andy Hughes

6. Kit - 2006-08 kit was awful.

Player - Theres been a few but I''ll plump for Owain Tudor-Jones. Because I can''t even remember him playing.

Goal - Ullathorne/Gunn own goal vs scum. Simply because it was the winning goal we basically gifted to the scum.

Match - Man City 2005. To go from 2-0 up in 15 mins to lose 3-2 in the last minute was sickening to watch.

Manager - Again theres been a few but would have to go for Mr Gunn I''m afraid. It wasn''t our greatest period if the truth be told.

Captain - Mark Fotheringham

Kit - The mid 90''s "baggy fit" kit. The shorts made you look like you were wearing a skirt. I''m surprised little Robert Fleck didn''t get lost inside his kit whilst putting it on in the changing rooms.

1. Player - Juan Velasco, Ian Murray, Julien Brellier What were we thinking that season???

2. Goal - Counago, scum away 2002 after Bentsen Pen hit the post, wouldn''t have counted now as no city player had touched it before 2nd shot (which Greeno amazingly saved) had been taken.

3. Charlton Home FA Cup 2nd round replay under Roeder, we were woeful

4. Manager - Roeder, just for his arrogance and contempt for the fans.

5. Captain - Fotheringham, anyone can clap their hands and shout alot.

6. - the DPC ones were poor the DPC logo attracted all sorts of fluff and crap

Player: Carl Robinson. Didn''t seem to have any conceivable abilities whatsoever - couldn''t pass, couldn''t tackle, useless in the air, dreadful technique, no positional awareness... what a pathetic excuse for a professional footballer.Goal: John Byrne in 1992. As an impressionable 12-year-old I was so convinced we were going to win that day and go to Wembley, and I''ve never forgotten that lesson in misplaced optimism.Match: Colchester was so comical I could only laugh; as the first game of the season, it wasn''t as horrendous as the capitulation at the Valley in May 2009. That first half-hour against an already relegated team was utterly, utterly abysmal.Manager: For utter tactical cluelessness Grant takes some beating, but for his sheer lack of charisma, over-reliance on the loan market and unpleasant man-management skills, Glenn Roeder must take it.Captain: Mark Fotheringham, obviously.Kit: The all-yellow Colman''s kit. Felt like pyjamas, too dark a yellow, and getting rid of our green shorts was an absolute PR disaster!

1. Otsemebor; or mick maguire - will never understand how either made so many appearances.

2. Coneys ar$e

3. Norwich v Reading relegation season, poor manager choices, gutless performance. a must win game - we did not turn up.

4. Roeder/Gunn

5 Neil Emblen

6 black and green striped away kit, colemans all yellow

1. Fotheringham2. Gunny''s "Air Kick" against 1p5wich 3. Blackpool away 07/03/2009

(David Marshall-Jon Otsemobor-Gary Doherty-Jason Shackell-Jonathan Grounds-Lee Croft-Darel Russell-Sammy Clingan-Ryan Bertrand-Wesley Hoolahan-Carl Cort-SUBS-David Mooney-Stuart Nelson-Simon Lappin-Alan Gow-David Carney)  lost 0-2, Blackpools first home win in 6 games4. Gunny Hero as a player, zero as a Manager5. Fotheringham6. If it has a Norwich badge I love it.

1 Lee Croft.  Is he still playing somewhere, running the ball to the corner flag and falling over?

2 Megson OG at Ipswich in the last minute

3  5-0 defeat at Ipswich around 1977 was the most upsetting.  The 3-0 defeat at Plymouth just after Roeder took over was the worst performance I have seen from a Norwich side in 42 years.  Even worse than the 1-7

4 Roeder or Hamilton

5  I would have struggled with worst captain if other posters hadn''t reminded me of Fotheringham.  Perhaps I had just tried to blank him out of my mind!

6  Worst kit was reserved for probably our best ever team in 1993

1. Player - pape diop, derveld, de waard, Simon tracey, Ged brennan...oh so many

2. Goal - carters pen, the 3 at charlton 09...and I remember crying at a 6-0 defeat against boro; and it was only on the tele...I was about 9. ;0)

3. Match you''ve been to - charlton 09, made much better by charlton 10.

4. Manager - Rioch, Deehan, Hamilton, Grant Roeder.

5. Captain - Emblem. (I actually quite liked Fozzy...tin hat on)

6. Kit - the mitre "stripe" one.

1. Player - Theokis (not sure if it''s spelt right but I don''t care he was crap!)

2. Goal - any of the 7 scored by colchester against him!

3. Match you''ve been to - Relegation to League one at The Valley

4. Manager - Roeder or Gunn

5. Captain - Pass

6. Kit - Bird Poo