Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

LED Advertising Boards

That should be interesting next season.....didn''t know if the club was actually going to go down that route but I guess they have to in this day and age.

Silly question but has anyone been to a live game where they''ve had those boards? I saw them at White Hart Lane last season, must admit they looked a bit ''blurry'' in real life.

Yeah I went to a game at Wembley and have been to a couple of Aston Villas (my dads team) games and they are very bright compared to how they appear on Tv.

One thing I''ve always thought about those advertising boards is how distracting they must be for the ref''s assistants.

By their very nature they''re supposed to be attention grabbing, and if you''re trying to keep an eye on the ball, the defensive line and anything else that''s going on then it must drive them nuts when they flash a large picture of a Airbus A380 with the words ''Fly Emirates'' on the side down the line of the pitch.

I really hate these boards and hopefully they won''t prove too distracting while watching matches (even though I am aware that''s the entire point).  Never been to a live game with these boards in place.  Talking about milking it for all it''s worth.

I have been to Old Trafford a couple of times this season and cant remember any sticking out there, i assume they must have them there though. I think they are designed to catch the cameras better than someone at the stadium, would be very off putting for players if not

[quote user="Gary Football"]I don''t give a sh;t how much money they generate, they are totally f''king wrong.[/quote]

Absolutely - pain in the butt

Rather than NCFC, isn''t it the Premier League / TV companies that insist on these? And given that EVERY match will be broadcast somewhere in the world next season then they are a necessity.

you would hope that any problems with player/ref attention would have been tested and corrected by clubs that had it earlier

i for one won''t be watching the boards next season, the games should be much more interesting.

I think they should be used to transmit little subliminal messages to assist the ref. 

NCFC player goes over in the box? How about flashing up PENALTY in big, bold letters, in between adverts for tractors and fertiliser?

Worth a shot, surely...

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]

I think they should be used to transmit little subliminal messages to assist the ref. 

NCFC player goes over in the box? How about flashing up PENALTY in big, bold letters, in between adverts for tractors and fertiliser?

Worth a shot, surely...

[/quote]

I like it, they could also flash up EXTRA TIME when it''s that time of the match and we are in need of a goal, as soon as we score (no doubt we will if given enough extra time) they should then flash BLOW THE WHISTLE

Don''t forget the inevitable SEND ''IM OFF, REF!

Or perhaps sneaky little adverts for Specsavers following dubious decisions...

[quote user="priceyrice"]I have been to Old Trafford a couple of times this season and cant remember any sticking out there, i assume they must have them there though. I think they are designed to catch the cameras better than someone at the stadium, would be very off putting for players if not
[/quote]

Well if you''d rather go to OT than Carrow Road.... [;)]