Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Fraser Forster

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]at that price he is worth bringing and let the best man win - for me ruddy being the current shirt holder and performing in the champs rather than league one for us does it for me; but we do need a decent back up given rudds inexperience. Whether either ruddy or forster would accept second billing i dont know - buts it would be good for the club to have two decent keepers and loan rudd out for experience; and we have decent cover for injuries or discovering the other is out of depth or has a crisis of confidence...[/quote]

That''s basically how I see it too. What''s wrong with having two young and talented ''keepers fighting it out for the No.1 spot?

I''d think I''d rather have that than sign some old "has been" who is only coming here for a few extra quid and isn''t going to put any real pressure on Ruddy''s place. Which, I think, is something Lambert is unlikely to opt for anyway.

Regardless of what anyone has done for us in the past (10/11 or 09/10) it has to be the best person for the job, for the team.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Celtic have had a bid rejected for Fraser Forster - SSN.[/quote]Oh we should be bidding for him. Come on Narrich. Then we can see who the better keep his. Him or Ruddy!!!!

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]just the sort of signing we need, that and a quality centre back, ruddy and ward are the weak links in our team[/quote]Totally agree

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]just the sort of signing we need, that and a quality centre back, ruddy and ward are the weak links in our team[/quote]

I agree that Forster would be a great signing, but I think Ruddy is pretty good, was last season and I''ve never considered him a weak link. The opposite in fact.

[quote user="Felixfan"]We don''t need another keeper.[/quote]we certainly do need another keeper just imagine the first match of the season someone slides into ruddy broken arm bang out for atleast 3 months do we really trust our 2nd choice keeper in the premier league? does he even have premier league experience?

Fraser Forster doesn''t have Premier League experience either, he doesn''t even have Championship experience.  [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/001_tt2.gif[/IMG]We already have 3 decent young keepers at the club and IMO that is enough.