Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

All gone quiet on transfer rumours front...

Yeah apart from the Roger Johnson rumour nothing else has really been talked about this week, on here let alone in newspapers. I hope everything is still happening quietly behind the scenes.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Yeah apart from the Roger Johnson rumour nothing else has really been talked about this week, on here let alone in newspapers. I hope everything is still happening quietly behind the scenes.[/quote]Should be. I know discussing the rumours are part of message board fun and chat.  But many are just too silly to be believable anyway. I wouldn''t be surprised if we get a really decent player in who has never been mentioned in a rumour.

The manager is in the first week of a two week holiday so there i think is the answer.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The manager is in the first week of a two week holiday so there i think is the answer.[/quote]He''s done WHAT????How dare he go on holiday when he hasn''t yet assembled a team capable of winning the Premiership, Champions League and the World Cup.Shame on him......

But McNally did mention that he was hopeful we were to sign two players before the end of June. I imagine De Laet was one of them, who was the other? Bradley Johnson?

we were rumoured to be in for Piklington too remember.

Haven''t heard anything before this about a Lambert holiday, I''m sure he said he had cancelled his holidays to put the club first?

Either way, with teams now heading back for training and such, I''m sure we will see a few more signings over the next few weeks

Perhaps Dooomcaster has quietly slipped back into Carrow Road and cut all the phone lines. After all no point making calls during June!!

I don''t think it matters if PL is on holiday because as I understand it it''s McNally who does the business after having been given PL''s shopping list.  As for who might yet arrive I have no idea, but I expect another keeper, right-back, centre-back and mid-fielder and probably nobody costing more than £3.5m, leaving money available for January.  

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]But McNally did mention that he was hopeful we were to sign two players before the end of June. I imagine De Laet was one of them, who was the other? Bradley Johnson?[/quote]

If I remember rightly McNally said this after we had already announced De Laet, but he didn''t mention this loan signing as part of Lambert''s top 5 targets, as he said that the plan was always to have Lambert''s top 5 targets in before pre season training, we had already got three of them (Vaughan, Morison, Bennett) and he was confident that we would sign the other two before the end of June.