Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Roger Johnson £4.5m Rumour

Hearing whispers this morning suggesting that Roger Johnson is set to sign on Friday for £4.5 million.

I have absolutely no idea whether this rumour is valid or not, but sounds like the kind of ''big name, big value, experienced'' signing so many have been asking after recently.

May or may not be true, just passing on what I''ve heard.

Anyone else heard anything?

The Guy is rated at £14 million, Wolves have been keen since may and looking to Bid £7 mill along with Blackburn and Sunderland.So this one is a no go and probably just an agent trying to up the bids.

I saw rumours of him being valued at £14m and going to Arsenal (which I didn''t believe). He seems one of those players that will have loads of speculation attached to him and a massive price tag but end up moving to Everton or someone for £6m. As Birmingham don''t have a manager yet I can''t imagine his transfer happening anytime soon.

Exactly!

He''s worth probably 5-7m tops and will go to Villa most likely.

The likes of Wigan Wolves Wba would all be ahead of us and would kill to get Johnson.

No chance!

Just passing on the whispers I''d heard.  Would absolutely love it to be true, but agree its a long-shot...

GHIAM... Shouldn''t you be getting your girdle fitted ahead of the big day?

His value as a player might be £14 Million. But Birmingham will not get that, no way!

One year of his contract left and a club that as been relegated. Birmingham have to cash in on him now or let him walk for free at the end of the season.

If youn spread a rumour, please show us the source! I wish it was true...but it will never happen for that price!

Nee-naw, nee-naw, nee-naw...

There''s a reason why the thread has ''rumour'' in the title. Please learn to read before posting.

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]

Unfortunately EM there is more chance of you being able to play a game with a cornflakes box without removing your trousers than there is of RJ signing for £4.5m.

[/quote]I''ve seen him play that game too – do we know each other?Also, to the poster who said Birmingham don''t have a manager yet, they''re expected to appoint Hughton today. Bottom line is, if Johnson wants to leave, Hughton will be told that he needs to be sold to balance the books. But yeah, I''d say £4.5m would be a snip, and you''d think McLeish rates him highly enough to outbid us.Monkey – is it the usual source?

£14 mill for Roger johnson and another £14 mill for Danns? Are Birmingham''s centre back pairing really worth £28 million?

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

£14 mill for Roger johnson and another £14 mill for Danns? Are Birmingham''s centre back pairing really worth £28 million?

Davo

[/quote]That''s why we''re screwed already.  You need £28m to be relegated[;)]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]

Unfortunately EM there is more chance of you being able to play a game with a cornflakes box without removing your trousers than there is of RJ signing for £4.5m.

[/quote]
I''ve seen him play that game too – do we know each other?

Also, to the poster who said Birmingham don''t have a manager yet, they''re expected to appoint Hughton today. Bottom line is, if Johnson wants to leave, Hughton will be told that he needs to be sold to balance the books. But yeah, I''d say £4.5m would be a snip, and you''d think McLeish rates him highly enough to outbid us.

Monkey – is it the usual source?
[/quote]

Indeed we do Mr Coelho. AH at your service.

And I agree, McLeish will be all over Johnson with Lerner''s cash behind him. I can''t see him preferring sunny Norfolk to the potential of Villa''s millions and his old boss who made him a Premier League captain.

Girdle on standby Monkey....

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]

Nee-naw, nee-naw, nee-naw...

There''s a reason why the thread has ''rumour'' in the title. Please learn to read before posting.

[/quote]

There is also no reason why you shouldn''t say where you "heard the whispers" and who was doing the whispering. It would give more credibility as well if you at least mentioned someone''s cousin. I would imagine that most people are thinking that it doesn''t exactly need a genius to merely invent or dream up something.

Coelho: I''m not sure if I have a ''usual'' source (the only potential one you and I know is prone to keeping schtum in such situations), but this one is merely office gossip I thought worth sharing if only cos I''m bored...

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]Coelho: I''m not sure if I have a ''usual'' source (the only potential one you and I know is prone to keeping schtum in such situations), but this one is merely office gossip I thought worth sharing if only cos I''m bored...[/quote]I was thinking of the friend of a mutual friend who often used to ply him with gossip when he was operating under a former username – capisce?Nice to see AH back on here, incidentally. Never could understand why people feel the need to change username and open other accounts, personally. CTID – Coelho ''Til I Die... [;)]

Coelho wrote: I was thinking of the friend of a mutual friend who often used to ply him with gossip when he was operating under a former username – capisce?

I''m afraid you''re going to have to be a bit more * specific...

AH is an idiot and keeps forgetting his password. Cos he''s an idiot...

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]

Coelho wrote: I was thinking of the friend of a mutual friend who often used to ply him with gossip when he was operating under a former username – capisce?

I''m afraid you''re going to have to be a bit more * specific...

AH is an idiot and keeps forgetting his password. Cos he''s an idiot...

[/quote]

This is true. I''m going to attempt to stick with this one now. I''ve had probs when I''ve changed e-mail addresses and had prev e-mail accounts closed so I can''t just get a reminder sent because the e-mail account has closed I was reg''d with. Also, I''m fickle and get bored easily. Plus women keep finding out that I''m really a millionaire underwear model and I have to change names to stop the non-stop flow of DM''s proposing shennanigans. It''s hell on earth, it really is.

It''s not just his transfer value, which would be in the region of £8-10m but his wages. I''d imagine he''s on quite a good little earner and would want a payrise if he moved back up to the Prem. £40k a week?

I think some people are getting muddled with Scott Dann who plays for Birmingham and the sort after Neil Danns who plays for Palace. Also Roger Johnson''s centre back partner Liam Ridgewell would be a more possible move.

I did spell Danns instead of Dann but my point is still valid according to the BBC gossip collum.

DAvo

Scrappy,

Ridgewell hasnt played CB for years (Villa reserves), except for when both Dann and Jiranek were injured this year.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Scrappy,

Ridgewell hasnt played CB for years (Villa reserves), except for when both Dann and Jiranek were injured this year.

[/quote]Ridgewell played centre half with Johnson at Brum, prior to McLeish signing Dann.