Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Any More ?

Ok so at last we seem to have a striker and I cant wait to see Deano and Hucks tearing defences apart together. Also with Flem being made captain it would seam unlikely that Worthy is looking to change the defence (other than in depth)

Would you add to the squad ? in what position ?

I am happy with Jonson and Hucks on the flanks and Francis picks himself.

We have been rumoured to be looking at defensive midfielders and I think this would be a good idea, hopefully a box to box player who doesn''t fall into the trap of Holt and play too deep and becoming an additional member of the defence. Someone who can be making the tackles that would stop the likes of Lampard having a free shot from around the box.

Any Ideas of out of favour quality central midfielders anywhere ?? 

I am not happy with the state of the defence and do still feel that we either need to sign a new player or give Shacks a fair run - the stats were no clean sheet since the baggies simply and only 5 goals scored in the last 8 games. Neither were good enough to avoid relegation but we have now done something about the scoring, so we need to do something about the defence and in my view that should be the priority. However I agree KG that by Flem being made captain that looks unlikely now.Ideally a partner for Damo would be good; do we go for experience or potential, loan or buy? With boro interested Geremi is a non starter now but some one like him on loan would be excellent, or Sean Davis without a knee injury. A scan of the prem squad does not reveal many ''spare'' players in this position, Cisse at Portsmouth, Kleberson at Manure - possible but not inspirational. The likes of Tonge or Sidwell will need a transfer fee but could be good. Ideally I would like someone like McCann or Gravesen to from a solid partnership with Damo.OTBC

[quote]I am not happy with the state of the defence and do still feel that we either need to sign a new player or give Shacks a fair run - the stats were no clean sheet since the baggies simply and only 5 go...[/quote]

I must say that I like the idea of Kleberson.  Having a world cup winner in the squad would be great.  He is the type of complete midfielder we need, he can pass, tackle & shoot and I think Man U might possibly let us have him on loan.

I agree with you zipper. I would love to see Gravesen playing in our midfield alongside Damo, but that just aint gonna happen, especially with real madrid reportedly being interested in him. He wouldn''t give us a second thought anyway. McCann on loan would have been nice, only he''s now injured and Mourinho won''t let geremi go out on loan as he wants him there on the bench. i remember he said that geremi was the type of player who would kill himself for the manager, which is something mourinho loves, so i very much doubt we could get him. unfortunately there are not many options unless we scan accross europe, maybe someone on loan like Maresca or Blasi from Juventus would be possible.

[quote]Ok so at last we seem to have a striker and I cant wait to see Deano and Hucks tearing defences apart together. Also with Flem being made captain it would seam unlikely that Worthy is looking to chang...[/quote]

I''ve almost giving up, trying to ''second guess'' City and transfers KG.

Although I would love to see Andy Johnson return to City.

Trouble is though, would WBA let him go to a rival?, very doubtful I think. 

Wiz; First it was Mike Walker, then Chris Sutton - on both you agreed that it was best not to go back- the same applies, but even more so, to Andy Johnson.

Can you please set your crystal balls to look to the future rather than focusing on our past??

OTBC