Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

I'ts not just Norwich City...

...who don''t allow fans on the pitch.......

"A great-grandmother has been banned from seeing her beloved Leeds United for 12 months for running on to the pitch after their final game of last season.

Margaret ‘Mags'' Musgrove, who has 13 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren, went onto the Elland Road pitch with her arms outstretched to try and greet the players after their match against Burnley in May.

However, the season ticket holder was quickly stopped by security and moved to the club''s holding cells. She was then arrested by police and though she was later released without charge, the club gave her an automatic 12 month ban for encroaching on the pitch."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/56460/

I think you will find that it is country wide.

I went up to Anfield to take a friend on a tour of the stadium. Everyone on the tour was informed that there is a law that prevents the average Joe public stepping onto an official football pitch without invitation.

It might sound wishy washy but I think it is deliberately so. I guess it''s a bit like trespassing. It''s up to the club to say that the person was not invited and then up to the police to take it further.

12month ban is not huge though really is it? Basically one season and I bet you it gets reduced.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Bet she''s got a shaved head, more tattoos than I''ve had hot dinners and she''s built like a s*it-house.....[/quote]Not quite, but you wouldn''t want to meet her in a dark alley.............http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007575/Gran-Margaret-Musgrove-banned-A-YEAR-trying-greet-Leeds-United-players.html[/quote]I''ve shagged worse.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
She may be a great-grandmother but she is a Leeds fan.

Bet she''s got a shaved head, more tattoos than I''ve had hot dinners and she''s built like a s*it-house.....

[/quote]

If the Jeremy Kyle show is anything to go by she is probably just turned 40 having had her first child at 13 and not some 70 odd year old wrinklee that we picture as a great grandmother.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If the Jeremy Kyle show is anything to go by she is probably just turned 40 having had her first child at 13 and not some 70 odd year old wrinklee that we picture as a great grandmother.

[/quote]Even 70 odd year old wrinklee''s aren''t safe when the fanny magnets roll into town. [:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]
Bet she''s got a shaved head, more tattoos than I''ve had hot dinners and she''s built like a s*it-house.....
[/quote]
Not quite, but you wouldn''t want to meet her in a dark alley.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007575/Gran-Margaret-Musgrove-banned-A-YEAR-trying-greet-Leeds-United-players.html
[/quote]

I''ve shagged worse.

[/quote]

It''s terrible when the ''beer goggles'' are off in the morning, you roll over and think ''Oh God I didn''t did I ...?''

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007575/Gran-Margaret-Musgrove-banned-A-YEAR-trying-greet-Leeds-United-players.html
[/quote]

Maybe i was a bit hurried in my judgement and have to say i would rather be on her than on a week of nights.[Y]

[/quote]

It''s ''tendency''.

Even in Dock Green.

[:O]

But still. One love.

OTBC

I don''t remember our sanctimonious owners and chief executive condemming the City fans on the pitch at Pompey

Maybe they were to busy joining in