Sign in to follow this  
BW

Couldn't give a toss about business.

I just want Norwich to stay up and play nice football. The whole business side of the game is slowly destroying the game.

But surely it''s the steady business side of it which is making it possible for us to be playing nice football in the Premier League, and signing decent players? If it was run poorly, and the business wasn''t as good, we wouldn''t have a team to support! What a strange post!

[quote user="Better Wizard"]I just want Norwich to stay up and play nice football. The whole business side of the game is slowly destroying the game.[/quote]

We all want that, but first and foremost it is a business with costs, employees, profits, losses, taxes and all the other aspects of such institutions.

Personally, I am intensly keen to see Norwich succeed financially, as this will ensure their survival  and contribute totally to what we both and all supporters wish for.

It looks as if for the first time in so many years, decades, we will have liittle or no debt. Reducing this has to be a priority as it has been eating at the club for too long. I have a lot of faith in the current management. McNally seems to have a clear vision off just what has  to be done. 

Its always been there remember the old Accrinton Stanley and Bradford Park Avenue who are no longer with us. In the past it was probably more about selling your better players for a profit now it is TV cash and the odd larger than life billionaires who have cash to burn

I wonder if the fans of Rushden & Diamonds would agree with the OP? Business in football - or anywhere else for that matter - is as necessary as the air that we breathe. As Vice-Chairman of a local youth FC I can vouch even small clubs need a decent business plan!

I''m delighted to say the Treasurer at our local club used to work for Ken Bates at Chelsea - excellent transferable skills or what?!

I''m just waiting for my holiday home in Monaco to arrive! (only joking).

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

It looks as if for the first time in so many years, decades, we will have liittle or no debt. Reducing this has to be a priority as it has been eating at the club for too long. I have a lot of faith in the current management. McNally seems to have a clear vision off just what has  to be done. 

[/quote]

Jeez...

Yesterday you wrote;

I''ve been away for three months and the place I was staying in had no internet. Would somebody be so good as to tell me where all this money has suddenly come from?? Thanks, I have a feeling I''ve missed something.

Someone then told you about the £42m we recieve this year (although how you would be unaware of a cash boost after gaining promotion to the PL is beyond me). You replied;

Thanks, I thought perhaps we had had a  surprise donation as we have spent a lot recently. If it''s  the Sky money that''s being spent already we must be wary of doing a Hull. Also, we have a debt to pay off first and foremost.

We all know about where the ''extra'' money is being spent, we were all chuffed to know that PL has a decent transfer budget. I thought that you might like to check out a few reports so pointed you in the right direction;

You have a lot of catching up to do, there are reports on the pinkun and canaries.co.uk about how much Lambert can spend.

Seems to me that you have not checked the reports or taken much notice of what people have told you. There has been no mention of paying off any debts and the majority of the cash boost is going to PL''s playing budget.

How absurd. This post is like saying - I love cars and driving......but i couldn''t give a toss about roads.It''s

a fact of football life, you can''t have the club without the business

unless you just want a kick about in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Do

you want the players to go back to being amateur and play for fun for

nothing? Not quite sure who we''d be able to sign on that basis. Maybe

Askou. Hucks. Leon. Actually, we could make a half decent non-league

team probably!

Suitably told off. 

I disagree with you. The Board would be stupid not to use  this opportunity not to at least alleviate some of that debt.

Where do you get your facts from, or the time to trawl all my postings for that matter?  Strange.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Jeez...

Yesterday you wrote;

I''ve been away for three months and the place I was staying in had no internet. Would somebody be so good as to tell me where all this money has suddenly come from?? Thanks, I have a feeling I''ve missed something.

Someone then told you about the £42m we recieve this year (although how you would be unaware of a cash boost after gaining promotion to the PL is beyond me). You replied;

Thanks, I thought perhaps we had had a  surprise donation as we have spent a lot recently. If it''s  the Sky money that''s being spent already we must be wary of doing a Hull. Also, we have a debt to pay off first and foremost.

We all know about where the ''extra'' money is being spent, we were all chuffed to know that PL has a decent transfer budget. I thought that you might like to check out a few reports so pointed you in the right direction;

You have a lot of catching up to do, there are reports on the pinkun and canaries.co.uk about how much Lambert can spend.

Seems to me that you have not checked the reports or taken much notice of what people have told you. There has been no mention of paying off any debts and the majority of the cash boost is going to PL''s playing budget.

[/quote]

My reply is above.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

---

It really doesn''t matter whether there has been any mention of paying off debt or not. It is facts that matter. We have to assume the worst-case scenario, of everybody wanting their money back.

In that situation, unless I have miscalculated, by October 31, 2013, we have to pay off (in terms of debt and share dividends) no less than £9m. Not to mention, interest on what we owe to Axa, our major creditor, and still have enough money to pay off Axa by 2022.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

---

It really doesn''t matter whether there has been any mention of paying off debt or not. It is facts that matter. We have to assume the worst-case scenario, of everybody wanting their money back.

In that situation, unless I have miscalculated, by October 31, 2013, we have to pay off (in terms of debt and share dividends) no less than £9m. Not to mention, interest on what we owe to Axa, our major creditor, and still have enough money to pay off Axa by 2022.

[/quote]

My post was in relation to BroadstairsR assuming that a lot of our windfall was going to pay off (or pay a sizeable chunk off of) our debts as he was unaware that  the majority of this year''s "Premiership money" would go onto the playing budget.  

I know it''s part of the game and it''s needed all i am saying is i would rather it wasn''t and we just paid the basic costs like wages instead of getting thing''s like LED boards or whatever they are called. Don''t want no vegas in norwich i want carrow rud and grant holt thats it.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]I know it''s part of the game and it''s needed all i am saying is i would rather it wasn''t and we just paid the basic costs like wages instead of getting thing''s like LED boards or whatever they are called. Don''t want no vegas in norwich i want carrow rud and grant holt thats it.[/quote]

Although I agree with your sentiments BW, unfortunately this is not the world we operate in and we have to adapt to survive.  I know many friends at non-league clubs who would be biting my hands, feet and more interesting bits off to have a fraction of the benefits we will accrue from PL status.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

My post was in relation to BroadstairsR assuming that a lot of our windfall was going to pay off (or pay a sizeable chunk off of) our debts as he was unaware that  the majority of this year''s "Premiership money" would go onto the playing budget.  

[/quote]

I am sure BroadstairS can fight his or her own battles, but as it happens he/she never said anything about paying off all the debt or even a sizeable chunk of it. He/she only talked about reducing debt. And anyone followng this subject, as BroadstairS may well have been, would know that last year McNally outlined a plan - based on getting to the PL and staying there - to pay off ALL the debt within seven years.

So you''re simply wrong to say there has been no talk of debt reduction. But even if, in the euphoria of promotion, the board understandably talked up spending money on players and went quiet on debt reduction, the point I was making, which you have either not understood, or ignored, is that we have to pay down debt. We have no choice. Potentially, though it may not completely come to this, by October 2013 we have to pay back about half our remaining debt.

Don''t get me wrong mind, i have every sympathy with the view that we''re now swimming with the sharks in a distasteful, greed ridden cesspool otherwise known as The Premier League, which will confer great wealth upon us, for better or worse. For better one hope, just so long as the good ship NCFC can navigate a safe route through it. I think the crew of McNally, Lambert, Bowkett, D&M is as able and experienced as we could possibly get right now.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]I just want Norwich to stay up and play nice football. The whole business side of the game is slowly destroying the game.[/quote]Good busuiness means that players won''t have to be sold from under the manager''s nose and they''ll less likely go to other clubs for monetry reasons. i''m not saying they won''t, they''ll just be less likely too. It''s all part of the game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure BroadstairS can fight his or her own battles, but as it happens he/she never said anything about paying off all the debt or even a sizeable chunk of it. He/she only talked about reducing debt. And anyone followng this subject, as BroadstairS may well have been, would know that last year McNally outlined a plan - based on getting to the PL and staying there - to pay off ALL the debt within seven years.

So you''re simply wrong to say there has been no talk of debt reduction. But even if, in the euphoria of promotion, the board understandably talked up spending money on players and went quiet on debt reduction, the point I was making, which you have either not understood, or ignored, is that we have to pay down debt. We have no choice. Potentially, though it may not completely come to this, by October 2013 we have to pay back about half our remaining debt.

[/quote]

Thank you for your support PurpleCanaray. My avatar illustrates my sex. I have missed all the news of the last three months and because we have recently spent about £7m I wondered if we had had a windfall as we would have received no Prem. money yet. I was unaware of McNally''s "plan."

I agree with everything you say about debt reduction. It would be foolish not to use this opportunity to pay off as much of this as is possible, whilst balancing it with success on the pitch. I suppose the latter means survival next season. I have faith in the Board not to do as Hull did and believe PL is the ideal manager in the transfer market in our situation. I, personally am fairly optimistic.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I am sure BroadstairS can fight his or her own battles,

It''s not a battle, more like trying to knock down a brick wall with a feather.

but as it happens he/she never said anything about paying off all the debt or even a sizeable chunk of it.He/she only talked about reducing debt.

Not in this thread maybe...

And anyone followng this subject, as BroadstairS may well have been,

Oh really? I doubt that very much. If I was away from the internet for three months the first thing I would have done would have been to read all the NCFC news since that date so at least when I post on a NCFC forum I have a smidgen of an idea what people are talking about.

would know that last year McNally outlined a plan - based on getting to the PL and staying there - to pay off ALL the debt within seven years.

So, still another seven years to go then as we are now only starting in the PL? Another season in the Premiership (after this one) is worth a lot more than going down and coming back up again in the long run. To spend a large chunk of this year''s money on the playing budget with the aim of staying up seems the most sensible approach.

So you''re simply wrong to say there has been no talk of debt reduction. 

Since we got promoted?

But even if, in the euphoria of promotion, the board understandably talked up spending money on players and went quiet on debt reduction,

So you think they were telling us fibs about the playing budget then?

the point I was making, which you have either not understood, or ignored,

Condescending much?

is that we have to pay down debt. We have no choice. Potentially, though it may not completely come to this, by October 2013 we have to pay back about half our remaining debt.

The keyword is "may". Things change all the time, your assumptions are based on things already said, current agreements, there may be negotitations happening at this very moment that may change all that. A lot of that will depend on what division we are in next season.

[/quote]

[quote user="Better Wizard"]I just want Norwich to stay up and play nice football. The whole business side of the game is slowly destroying the game.[/quote]

I suggest you might like to consider attaching yourself to a Club in the lower reaches of the Anglian Combination.

This Joanna girl (?) seems intent upon conflict and this intense scrutiny of other people''s postings baffles me. I, for one, do not look for conflict on this Board,  just decent discussion/debate. Naturally there is disagreement, but it need not be tinged with such conflict.

The fact remains that the Board would be foolish not to pay off as much of that sheet-anchor of a debt as soon as is possible. This alleviates interest having to be paid, which increases the amount available for buying players.

Of course it would be just as foolish not to strengthen the squad prior to next season. I trust the current Board to achieve the correct balance and Lambert to make the most of what is available to him in the transfer market. I remain optimistic.

Joanna, lighten up. We are on the same side. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

This Joanna girl (?) seems intent upon conflict and this intense scrutiny of other people''s postings baffles me. I, for one, do not look for conflict on this Board,  just decent discussion/debate. Naturally there is disagreement, but it need not be tinged with such conflict....

....Joanna, lighten up. We are on the same side. 

[/quote]

Look, I have no interest in a "conflict", I was just trying to point you in the right direction regarding catching up with the news since you have been offline. The biggest points were the amount of money we were guaranteed and the comment from one of the Board that this season it would go on the playing budget. It appeared to me that you had not taken those facts onboard and still presumed that we would spend a chunk of cash on paying off some of the debt. I have not scrutinised your posts, it''s just that I replied to your initial post (in another topic) after your coming back online and thought that I might remind you of my response. Just trying to help...

Ok.  I accept that and thank you for trying to be helpful.

I did actually follw-up your recommendatios, but it is not easy tracking back so far. Perhaps, after three months with internet I am not so sharp. It will come.

Thanks again.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for your support PurpleCanaray. My avatar illustrates my sex. I have missed all the news of the last three months and because we have recently spent about £7m I wondered if we had had a windfall as we would have received no Prem. money yet. I was unaware of McNally''s "plan."

I agree with everything you say about debt reduction. It would be foolish not to use this opportunity to pay off as much of this as is possible, whilst balancing it with success on the pitch. I suppose the latter means survival next season. I have faith in the Board not to do as Hull did and believe PL is the ideal manager in the transfer market in our situation. I, personally am fairly optimistic.

[/quote]

---

Broadstairs, I rather thought you were a chap but didn''t want to asume. You would be amazed at the fun some posters her have, creating double or triple identities, or switching identities, and even purporting to be a different sex. Strange but true. It''s the cyber equivalent of finding a dressing-up box and putting on loads of different costumes. The sort of thing one grows out of after childhood.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Broadstairs, I rather thought you were a chap but didn''t want to asume. You would be amazed at the fun some posters her have, creating double or triple identities, or switching identities, and even purporting to be a different sex. Strange but true. It''s the cyber equivalent of finding a dressing-up box and putting on loads of different costumes. The sort of thing one grows out of after childhood.

[/quote]

The good news is that GPs can now remove sticks from rectums under local anesthetic.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

The good news is that GPs can now remove sticks from rectums under local anesthetic.

[/quote]

Out of interest why have you changed your name from Raymond to Joanna ?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not necessarily......On the subject of sexing am I right in assuming '' Joanna Grey '' carries the XY chromosome as '' Ms Grey '' appears to be a new monicker for a previous poster ?