Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Rumour circulating at the Gold Cup

Rumour is that City have apparently enquired about the highly rated Mexican international 24 year old Andres Guardado who wants away from relegated Deportivo la Coruna.

He is an attacking leftsided midfielder.

I reckon he''d be great for City but shocked if we could afford him - unless on loan for a year whilst Deportivo try to haul themselves back into La liga.

OTBC

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="CDMullins"]Whats the ''Gold Cup''?[/quote]

The CONCAF version of the Euro Championship.

Also the rumour is what you would file under rubbish, or should that be trash?
[/quote]

Ah right, I pressumed it was the Ascot Gold Cup, which is tomorrow.

How would BBB know there was a rumour going round a tournament held in the USA?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Whats the ''Gold Cup''?

[/quote]That''s the one Tangy carries around and it''s inscribed with the names of the "purists",  Bly included! [;)]

Gio Dos Santos available from Spurs for £4 million , very good player , Qpr are being linked  but probably not a Lambert type and too expensive for us .

A racegoer is pictured in an elaborate hat

I think it''s frightfully unkind of posters here to poke fun at Bly when he has gone to all the expense of attending Royal Ascot (as pictured above) just to garner transfer tidbits from the great and the good. Heavens knows how long that pancake make-up took to apply, for starters. The man is suffering on our behalf and all people can do is mock...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Rumour is that City have apparently enquired about the highly rated Mexican international 24 year old Andres Guardado who wants away from relegated Deportivo la Coruna.

He is an attacking leftsided midfielder.

I reckon he''d be great for City but shocked if we could afford him - unless on loan for a year whilst Deportivo try to haul themselves back into La liga.

OTBC

[/quote]

If City have a scout at the Gold Cup then I''m pretty sure the first thing he or she has reported back is how rubbish Simeon Jackson plays for a minnow team like Canada. Not going to make it in the Prem if he can''t score against poor sides like Panama and Guadaloupe. Not even a lick of the goal. Poor, very poor.

Canada SUCK at football BTW, not like Panama are minnows to them. Probably other way round.

And how can someone be confused what the Gold Cup is. They only thing I think about when someone says Gold Cup is the Gold Cup.

On Anders Guardado. No mention on twitter=no chance.

Didn''t realise Bly was so attractive.  I shall make a special point in future of paying far more attention to her otherwise pointless drivel.

[quote user="NauruDude"] And how can someone be confused what the Gold Cup is. They only thing I think about when someone says Gold Cup is the Gold Cup.  [/quote]

What happens when you type "gold cup" into google?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="NauruDude"] And how can someone be confused what the Gold Cup is. They only thing I think about when someone says Gold Cup is the Gold Cup.  [/quote]

What happens when you type "gold cup" into google?

[/quote]

Well Joanna it all depends upon whether one tries the UK version or that one of those assigned, for example,  to most unsuspecting users across the pond.

You see Mustachio, Google is not necessarily Google. But then I suspect that Getard would have tipped you off about that before you dipped in.

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I think it''s frightfully unkind of posters here to poke fun at Bly when he has gone to all the expense of attending Royal Ascot (as pictured above) just to garner transfer tidbits from the great and the good. Heavens knows how long that pancake make-up took to apply, for starters. The man is suffering on our behalf and all people can do is mock...

[/quote]

---

I can exclusively reveal that Bly was not the only celebrated poster there. The Inner Circle of the Purists chose Ascot for its annual "Which on the verge of bankruptcy football club do we settle on now as an example for Norwich City to follow?" committee meeting. As you can see, they are a shy, retiring lot, not surprisingly...

Ascot fashion

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

I can exclusively reveal that Bly was not the only celebrated poster there. The Inner Circle of the Purists chose Ascot for its annual "Which on the verge of bankruptcy football club do we settle on now as an example for Norwich City to follow?" committee meeting. As you can see, they are a shy, retiring lot, not surprisingly...

Ascot fashion

[/quote]

I must apologise for a serious editing error, based on an erroneous caption. Of course the lady above in shocking pink is not Bly, but Bly''s deep-throat Norwich City boardroom contact. Bly, as one would expect, attired himself in more traditional fashion:

Purple - stop posting that pink woman - I will have nightmares over Margaret Thatcher

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Not Jacko''s fault if the rest of the Canadian team can''t supply him with opportunities. Football is NOT a one man show.

How did St Lucia get on in the Gold Cup, E.L.F?[/quote]Oh dear, I hope that you actually took the time to watch all three matches before you opened your gob.  The whole team is poor and that included Jackson.  If someone can''t handle playing matches against Guadeloupe and Panama, how do you think he is going to fare against the Arsenal''s , Manchester''s and Chelsea''s of the PL, unless you think that City are going to be in the mix for Europe next season.  And by the way, this has nothing to do with St. Lucia mate, so nice try sunshine.

I searched "gold cup" in google. Dont know how to do print-screen on shittyMac.

Web

Images

Videos

Maps

News

Shopping

Gmail

more

Sign in

Screen reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant.

Advanced search

About 67,600,000 results (0.13 seconds)

Everything

Images

Videos

News

Shopping

Realtime

More

Search Options

Any time

Latest

Past 24 hours

Past 2 days

Past week

Past month

Past year

Custom range...

More search tools

Something different

european ...

us open

european cup

world championship

melbourne cup

Search Results

Concacaf | Gold Cup Home

If you are not redirected, please click here.

www.goldcup.org/ - Cached - Similar

â–º

Concacaf | Home | TICKETS ON SALE NOW! - Gold Cup Home

Gold Cup. TICKETS ON SALE NOW! SUNDAY, JUNE 5TH, DALLAS - Cowboys Stadium ...

www.goldcup.org/page/GoldCup/Home - Cached

Show more results from goldcup.org

Welcome to Virginia Gold Cup Races

This annual steeplechase fixture includes The Virginia Gold Cup Races and The International Gold Cup. Held at Great Meadows in The Plains, Virginia.

www.vagoldcup.com/ - Cached - Similar

VA Gold Cup Virginia - Virginia Gold Cup Races | May 7, 2011 ...

Come enjoy the 86th running of the world famous Virginia Gold Cup ...

www.vagoldcup.com/new/virginia/ - Cached

Show more results from vagoldcup.com

News for gold cup

BBC Sport

Fame And Glory can set the Gold standard

13 minutes ago

If running to his best, he would more or less lap his rivals for the Gold Cup. Aidan O''Brien and his patrons at Ballydoyle have already demonstrated how far ...

The Independent - 51 related articles

United States defeats Guadeloupe in final group match: Fan reaction

Yahoo! Sports - 1830 related articles

Americans look vulnerable, Mexico looks unstoppable after Gold Cup ...

SportingNews.com - 67 related articles

CONCACAF Gold Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CONCACAF Gold Cup is the main association football competition of the men''s national football teams governed by CONCACAF, determining the regional ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Gold_Cup - Cached - Similar

Cheltenham Racecourse - Home page : /

English course home to the National Hunt Festival. Tickets, upcoming races, news , and visitor information.

www.cheltenham.co.uk/ - Cached - Similar

10 Observations About the U.S. Gold Cup Roster - NYTimes.com

1 Jun 2011 ... Observations and analysis of the United States roster for this summer''s Concacaf Gold Cup.

goal.blogs.nytimes.com/.../10-observations-about-the-u-s-gold-cup-roster/ - Cached

Detroit APBA Gold Cup

The APBA Gold Cup is the oldest active trophy in motorsports. The Detroit APBA Gold Cup races deliver three days of high speed excitement.

www.gold-cup.com/ - Cached - Similar

BBC Sport - Horse Racing - Cheltenham: Gold Cup runners and riders

18 Mar 2011 ... Frank Keogh tips Pandorama to depose three former Gold Cup winners on Friday.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other.../9427654.stm - Cached - Add to iGoogle

2011 Gold Cup: U.S. into quarters after Jozy Altidore''s early goal ...

15 Jun 2011 ... The United States is marching on in the Gold Cup. It sure wasn''t easy. Jozy Altidore scored in the ninth minute off an assist from Michael ...

espn.go.com/.../us-quarters-jozy-altidore-early-goal-jamaica-match-next

Searches related to gold cup

gold cup standings

colt gold cup

world cup

gold cup coffee

gold cup 2009

gold cup 2010

gold cup motocross

gold cup 2011

Next

Search Help Give us feedback

Google Home‎Advertising Programs‎Business Solutions‎Privacy‎About Google‎

This is complete drivel I am afraid Bly. Lambert''s recruitment policy has been entirely based on the British transfer market up until now. If he was to go abroad I would expect him to sign someone from Germany where he has a lot of contacts and inside information.

[quote user="Jacko"]This is complete drivel I am afraid Bly. Lambert''s recruitment policy has been entirely based on the British transfer market up until now. If he was to go abroad I would expect him to sign someone from Germany where he has a lot of contacts and inside information.[/quote]

Jacko - that''s a bit harsh. Whilst this may appear to go against the grain in terms of fitting the PL mould, Bly is merely reporting a rumour that he has heard. I am interested to know how Bly heard this (presumably the scouting community) and whether this has originated from anyone credible. PL is clearly after a left winger (hence the interest in Snodgrass) and my hunch (subject to any further info from Bly) is that this story could have more legs than might normally be the case.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

I am interested to know how Bly heard this (presumably the scouting community) and whether this has originated from anyone credible. [/quote]

Yeah, best of luck with that one.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

I am interested to know how Bly heard this (presumably the scouting community) and whether this has originated from anyone credible. [/quote]

Yeah, best of luck with that one.

[/quote]

Like all Bly threads it originates from his computer.[:O]

[quote user=" Badger"]Purple - stop posting that pink woman - I will have nightmares over Margaret Thatcher[/quote]

---

Sorry, Badger. No more of the pink lady, I promise...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Could be far worse as this photo is more attractive to me than the likes of the Miliband brothers or Ed Balls.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Could be far worse as this photo is more attractive to me than the likes of the Miliband brothers or Ed Balls.

[/quote]

Why isn''t that a surprise...

I wish we could sign Guardado.Doing a few Google searches in Spanish & it seems his fee is likely to be 8 million euros. Benefica & Valencia are reumoured to be after him.I think he would be worth the money & would get in our first 11 for sure.... not like our other signings who are arguably as good as our current best players.Can''t see him choosing us but he would be worth the money ..... altho he''s not someone who would stay with us if we dropped I guess.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Much more your age group, eh Tilly.

Lively old girl in her prime I''m told.

OTBC

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

[quote user="Jacko"]This is complete drivel I am afraid Bly. Lambert''s recruitment policy has been entirely based on the British transfer market up until now. If he was to go abroad I would expect him to sign someone from Germany where he has a lot of contacts and inside information.[/quote]

Jacko - that''s a bit harsh. Whilst this may appear to go against the grain in terms of fitting the PL mould, Bly is merely reporting a rumour that he has heard. I am interested to know how Bly heard this (presumably the scouting community) and whether this has originated from anyone credible. PL is clearly after a left winger (hence the interest in Snodgrass) and my hunch (subject to any further info from Bly) is that this story could have more legs than might normally be the case.

[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13795855.stm

I would like to think my point has been vindicated here. We are going to be looking at British market again.