Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

Busy week for NCFC?

James Vaughan has just put on Twitter that this is his last week off before training starts. With Paul Lamberts wish that players are signed before they head off to Germnay, does this mean we shall be seing a few signings this week?

Who would ebryone like to see in and who does everyone think we will see in?

After the loan signing of De Laet was announced, McNally said he was confident of getting another two players in before the end of June which would complete Lambert''s top five targets, and maybe a few more would arive later in the summer. I don''t know who these players are, one could possibly be Johnson but I''m not confident of that as it could have been announced a lot sooner if rumours were true. Who would I like? Snodgrass, probably wishfull thinking...

[quote user="alysha"]After the loan signing of De Laet was announced, McNally said he was confident of getting another two players in before the end of June which would complete Lambert''s top five targets, and maybe a few more would arive later in the summer. I don''t know who these players are, one could possibly be Johnson but I''m not confident of that as it could have been announced a lot sooner if rumours were true. Who would I like? Snodgrass, probably wishfull thinking...[/quote]

He said that before we signed De Laet so there is probably one more to come in this week (all things going to plan).

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="alysha"]After the loan signing of De Laet was announced, McNally said he was confident of getting another two players in before the end of June which would complete Lambert''s top five targets, and maybe a few more would arive later in the summer. I don''t know who these players are, one could possibly be Johnson but I''m not confident of that as it could have been announced a lot sooner if rumours were true. Who would I like? Snodgrass, probably wishfull thinking...[/quote]

He said that before we signed De Laet so there is probably one more to come in this week (all things going to plan).

[/quote]

Yeah, sorry my mistake. Wonder who the remaining ''top target'' is then.

I thought Mcnally said we had signed 3 of Lambert''s top five targets after we had signed De Laet on loan, the implication being that he was not counting De Laet as one of the five and there were two more to come.

I would love those two to be Bullard and Forster. Would also love Snodgrass but that seems less likely now. Would be somewhat concerned if Bradley Johnson was one of our top five targets!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I thought Mcnally said we had signed 3 of Lambert''s top five targets after we had signed De Laet on loan, the implication being that he was not counting De Laet as one of the five and there were two more to come. I would love those two to be Bullard and Forster. Would also love Snodgrass but that seems less likely now. Would be somewhat concerned if Bradley Johnson was one of our top five targets![/quote]

That is also how I interpreted the situation, but after re-reading the article it says

-

"Prior to the Belgian’s arrival, McNally had confirmed Lambert sought two further additions before City’s senior stars return for pre-season.

He said: “We’re pleased we have signed three and we are confident we can complete another two before the lads come back for pre-season training which is the first week of July. That would give us five new faces, there might be one or two more after then, but the aim always was to land Paul’s top five targets prior to the start of first team training so they can have a full pre-season with their colleagues before the season starts in early August."

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I thought Mcnally said we had signed 3 of Lambert''s top five targets after we had signed De Laet on loan, the implication being that he was not counting De Laet as one of the five and there were two more to come. I would love those two to be Bullard and Forster. Would also love Snodgrass but that seems less likely now. Would be somewhat concerned if Bradley Johnson was one of our top five targets![/quote]

Interesting choice Bullard JS. He would be very high on wages, he is injury prone and 33(?) I can''t see him as a PL player either. A bit of a loose cannon at times is our Jimmy Bullard and he might disrupt our disciplined set-up. Admttedly, when he''s good he most certainly is..

Having said that, our friends down the road are desperate to keep him in any way shape or form, so acquiring the player would be a  a bit of a kick in the teeth to that lot. Not really a reason to prepare for the PL though. Temporary deal, pay by play is all worth considering IMO.

He''s Hull''s problem. I would rather keep it that way taking all into account. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Interesting choice Bullard JS. He would be very high on wages, he is injury prone and 33(?) I can''t see him as a PL player either. A bit of a loose cannon at times is our Jimmy Bullard and he might disrupt our disciplined set-up. Admttedly, when he''s good he most certainly is..

Having said that, our friends down the road are desperate to keep him in any way shape or form, so acquiring the player would be a  a bit of a kick in the teeth to that lot. Not really a reason to prepare for the PL though. Temporary deal, pay by play is all worth considering IMO.

He''s Hull''s problem. I would rather keep it that way taking all into account. 

[/quote]

3 reasons for my choice really:

1. I thought he was hugely impressive against us at portman Road despite being in a really poor team.

2. He would bring prem experience in an area where i badly think we need it; and

3. We were/are definitely interested in signing him.

I''m not advocating taking him on £40K a week but if a deal could be agreed whereby we pay Hull some money, pay him a signing on fee and he then signs on reduced wages (possibly linked to games played) then i think he could be just what we need.

As for the character thing i really don''t think he''s a trouble maker, in fact seems as if he''s been quite well liked in the dressing room wherever he''s been. He has been portrayed as troublesome because of what has happened at Hull but its not his fault they gave him a stupid contract and they have forzen him out to try and get him to jump ship. The manner of his performances for the sc*m when they had nothing to play for at the end of last season does not suggest a bad attitude.

Actually add a fourth reason - it would really p*ss the scummers off!

Hull won''t want to be paying any of Bullard''s wages. According to their local newspaper, Hull Daily Mail, Bullard is trying to get a final pay off so he can leave!

Perhaps any new signing/s will be unveiled at Norfolk Show.

Also, Friday is July 1st, so free transfers can also "complete" deals.