Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Lee Croft - A Sad Story

He looks like the crap one who used to be in Hollyoaks.And played like the crap one who used to be in Hollyoaks.But it was worth it for that goal against the filth.

I was never a fan of Lee Croft. I''ve never voted for anyone, but in the season we were relegated from the Championship I reckon it would have been Leroy Lita, the striker we had on loan. He was also our top scorer I believe, even though it was only something like 8

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Largey"]Will Mellor?![/quote]Yes![/quote][img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlwHI0wdA0J8A3K0eYSX3uw21O1JScHkDc_wFUILAVM-0npUFr[/img][img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh9R1KFQrhVzRev9wDEeIBNvFwGEZ69__qBUbyDJd3akOxHyPn[/img]

The most unjust player of the season winner since it came into being after Barry Butlers untimely death!

I still think it was fiddled by the club in order to get him to stay!

Lee Croft is the exact opposite of the type of player that Lambert looks for to fill the current Norwich team - looks exciting but produces little!

Lee Croft is a perfect example of how far we''ve come as a club since Lambert joined!

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]It was an absolute disgrace that he won our Player Of The Year that year, shameful decision by the fans. Clingan was miles better.[/quote]

I didn''t vote for Lee Croft and I was a fan of Sammy Clingan but it is a total myth that he was that much better.

If people were to watch back that entire season now they would realise that Sammy Clingans good games were vastly outweighed by his average and below average games.

Croft has become too harshly criticised and Clingan has become very overrated.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]It was an absolute disgrace that he won our Player Of The Year that year, shameful decision by the fans. Clingan was miles better.[/quote]

I didn''t vote for Lee Croft and I was a fan of Sammy Clingan but it is a total myth that he was that much better.

If people were to watch back that entire season now they would realise that Sammy Clingans good games were vastly outweighed by his average and below average games.

Croft has become too harshly criticised and Clingan has become very overrated.

[/quote]How often is it said we all see different games? Like all players, Clingan could be "average" but mostly his quality shone through in a very average side - and I never saw him have a bad game. I saw Croft have several. Roeder''s insistence on playing Croft on the right also meant that David Bell was kept on the opposite flank, which apparently was not his preferred position. (Roeder of course would not allow Lappin into the side). As for lookalikes - Croft always reminded me of that famous Belgian - Tin Tin.

Over the course of that dreadful 2008-09 season, one if not the worst one I''ve ever seen in my lengthy years following the club, Clingan and the Doc for me were head and shoulders over anyone else!

Croft gave plenty of effort but only on a few occasions did he produce the goods!

Not only was Clingan classy, he also showed desire, something that was missing from more than a few players!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Over the course of that dreadful 2008-09 season, one if not the worst one I''ve ever seen in my lengthy years following the club, Clingan and the Doc for me were head and shoulders over anyone else!

Croft gave plenty of effort but only on a few occasions did he produce the goods!

Not only was Clingan classy, he also showed desire, something that was missing from more than a few players![/quote]Doc has to be the most overrated player ever, a complete donkey.It''s no coincidence that the club got worse every year he was with us & have significantly improved since he''s left.

I think Mr Lambert had a hand in that as well!

Lee Croft was man of the match in a game I saw away to Blackpool. I agree but scored him at 5 out of ten. He won on effort alone. He tried....but really wasn''t very good. Clingan was the midfield quality in a sea of sh**e and consequently didn''t always look good. He was a far better player in my humble opinion.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Largey"]Will Mellor?![/quote]

Yes!
[/quote]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlwHI0wdA0J8A3K0eYSX3uw21O1JScHkDc_wFUILAVM-0npUFr[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh9R1KFQrhVzRev9wDEeIBNvFwGEZ69__qBUbyDJd3akOxHyPn[/img]

[/quote]

NO!

He is Tyrone from Corrie and has struggled to balance huffing and puffing up and down right wings in Derbyshire & Yorkshire with coming to terms with his wife''s infidelity with his best mate and boss, bringing up a son that he didn''t father and the recent death of his own surrogate father figure against the backdrop of a horrific tram crash that claimed the life of one of his oldest friends. Or something.