Sign in to follow this  
Oli_NCFC

PL Players?

Does anyone else think we should be getting some more PL quality players? The buying from lower league thing worked for the last two seasons but im not so sure it will work this time.

The problem is, if we were to buy ''Premier League quality players'' then they would usually either be getting on fine at their current club or would be moving to another for a hefty sum. Or do you mean just players which have played in the Premier League and could be in our price range? If so then we would have to consider why they would be available to us in the first place, possibly played in the Premier League but not Premier League quality? Of course, this is not always the case and we are hoping that James Vaughan who has previously played in the Premier League will be a good bit of business - it is clear that he was highly rated as young player in the Premier League, yet injuries ruined his development with Everton, if he can stay fit, he may be that ''Premier League quality'' player you are looking for. As for the others, who are to say they are not? Every ''Premier League quality player'' was untried in the Premier League at some point, so who is to say if ours are good enough for the Premier League or not; I reckon Lambert will have good idea. 

Players who have played in the PL would be good, Lambert can install confidence in players so i think we need to get at least some defenders who have played in the PL before for a good amount of time, we did concede easily in the championship and the PL isnt going to be easier, i think the midfield is good, strike force i am abit wart off and the dedence i think we need a good solid CB or maybe two, i would like to keep tierny and russell martin but ward and whitbread i dont know about. Im thinking getting DJ Cambell or something? hes valued at 1.75 mil i think and he scored some goals in the PL.

☆alysha☆: "The problem is, if we were to buy ''Premier League quality players'' then they would usually either be getting on fine at their current club or would be moving to another for a hefty sum. Or do you mean just players which have played in the Premier League and could be in our price range? If so then we would have to consider why they would be available to us in the first place, possibly played in the Premier League but not Premier League quality? Of course, this is not always the case and we are hoping that James Vaughan who has previously played in the Premier League will be a good bit of business - it is clear that he was highly rated as young player in the Premier League, yet injuries ruined his development with Everton, if he can stay fit, he may be that ''Premier League quality'' player you are looking for. As for the others, who are to say they are not? Every ''Premier League quality player'' was untried in the Premier League at some point, so who is to say if ours are good enough for the Premier League or not; I reckon Lambert will have good idea."

yup.  alysha, you might want to make a little less sense in future, just to fit in.

:)