Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

COLNEY

Don''t bother mate. I''m not interested. I choose to believe in my team rather than hounding their mistakes.

mate? please dont refer to me as your mate.... the achievments of the team last season were second to none, i know that we all know that. I believe in my team as much as the next person in wouldnt of kept with them in league one if i didnt!The fact of the matter is you need a little more than believe in the Prem and the case is that Ruddy is OK, i feel that FF will keep more clean sheets and make less clangers!IMO MATE

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]mate? please dont refer to me as your mate.... the achievments of the team last season were second to none, i know that we all know that. I believe in my team as much as the next person in wouldnt of kept with them in league one if i didnt!The fact of the matter is you need a little more than believe in the Prem and the case is that Ruddy is OK, i feel that FF will keep more clean sheets and make less clangers!IMO MATE[/quote]End of the day, IN MY OPINION, there isn''t much between them, whilst Ruddy might let the odd shot slip under him, he is still a better kicker and less likely to get sent off then Forster. I wouldn''t mind which one we had behind the sticks but I would prefer Ruddy because of the passion he showed and he seems to really play for the shirt.

somebody else made a good point that it matters much less than an outfield player what league a goalkeeper is playing in. whether its a sunday pub game or international a shot is a shot, corner a corner and a deflection a deflection. The changes are much more regarding ability to hand big game pressure and concentration. So I dont really buy into the whole Ruddy has played at higher level therefore must be better. Also dont see how counting points cost/won helps either, lose a match 0-1 at home to man utd with keeper pulling off 10 world class saves, but the performace forgotten as we didnt win any points.

the best keepers not only take responcibility for their own actions but those of the whole defence. keeping your centre backs in position and alert to danger etc, how is that quantified in this tally sheet?

For me the fact that the Ruddy / FF has divided so many fans opinions tells me one thing very clearly, the abilities of both are similar with no stand out winner, and therefore we stick with Ruddy or find another keeper who is considerably better. I hope for the second personally.

Why do people constantly rate goalkeepers on their mistakes?

I can''t think of a mistake Declan Rudd has made in goal, but that doesn''t make him a better keeper than Robert Green who had made high profile mistakes.....

David de Gea is 20 years old and will be playing for the Man Utd first team this season. Declan Rudd is also 20 - so maybe age shouldn''t be an issue when it comes to breaking into a Premiership-standard team.

Mind you, how is anyone supposed to get experience if they''re not allowed to play?