Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

COLNEY

Yes, a few weeks ago you confessed to starting a rumour for a laugh that got every one excited.

Or have I got the wrong NCFCsomething in which case I apologise?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Yes, a few weeks ago you confessed to starting a rumour for a laugh that got every one excited.

[/quote]

I thought this too, but may have also got OP confused with someone else

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]No think your getting mixed up with someone else, my managers son is part of the academy up there and was collecting his sons new trainning kits and saw him leaving.

I''m probably wrong, but would Lambert or McNally be at Colney? The players aren''t training yet, i''ve read (only on here) McNally does most of the negotiations anyway. So why would FF be at Colney? Not as if he''s never seen it.....

Also, do we need/want to sign FF, if we do that means 1 or 2 out of Ruddy, Rudd and Steer will never be any good?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

No think your getting mixed up with someone else, my managers son is part of the academy up there and was collecting his sons new trainning kits and saw him leaving.
[/quote]

In that case I apologise again.  It was definately NCFC something and the guy thought it was hilarious to start a false rumour and get every one going.

One thing I will say having seen Fraser in the City Centre once, he is pretty hard to miss and pretty hard to mistake.   It easy to underestimate just how big he is until you up close.   This is either true or rubbish.   You would not mistake Fraser for anyone else.

Also, Colney has been questioned.  There is no one there and it is easy to come and go without being seen unlike Carrow Road or even Dunstan Hall.  I find it entirely credible that Colney would be used for quiet meetings.

i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what

i have been told, i hate it when someone comes on here and says things

like this but my manager was pretty confident it was him. I also saw FF in Morrisons once the guy is HUGE!!I think

we do need to sign FF watching the season review Ruddy made far too

many mistakes throughout the season, i feel he was a good keeper in the

championship but imo the prem he could cost us a lot of points

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I fear I have to agree with you totally NCFC4LIFE.

I hope this sighting is true.[/quote]

Me 3!!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what

like this but my manager was pretty confident it was him. I also saw FF in Morrisons once the guy is HUGE!!I think

championship but imo the prem he could cost us a lot of points[/quote]

He made no more mistakes than what Forster did in League 1, he had a dodgy start was immense after that!

I''m pretty sure if you saw him you''d know it was him. The guy is huge and his chin puts David Coulthards to shame.....

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what

He made no more mistakes than what Forster did in League 1, he had a dodgy start was immense after that![/quote]

are you serious; ff made 1 or 2 mistakes all season, whereas ruddy has made triple that at least. (however that doesn''t make him a bad goalie)

[quote user="ms miggins"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what i have been told, i hate it when someone comes on here and says things like this but my manager was pretty confident it was him. I also saw FF in Morrisons once the guy is HUGE!!

I think we do need to sign FF watching the season review Ruddy made far too many mistakes throughout the season, i feel he was a good keeper in the championship but imo the prem he could cost us a lot of points[/quote]

He made no more mistakes than what Forster did in League 1, he had a dodgy start was immense after that!
[/quote] are you serious; ff made 1 or 2 mistakes all season, whereas ruddy has made triple that at least. (however that doesn''t make him a bad goalie)[/quote]

Leeds, Tranmere, Carlisle, Swindon and all the countless goalkeeping errors. These are the only ones I can think of but he msde easily as many mistakes in League One whereas Ruddy was in the CHAMPIONSHIP! Signing FF would be Lambert''s biggest mistake IMO.

[quote user="ms miggins"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what

He made no more mistakes than what Forster did in League 1, he had a dodgy start was immense after that![/quote]

are you serious; ff made 1 or 2 mistakes all season, whereas ruddy has made triple that at least. (however that doesn''t make him a bad goalie)[/quote]You name me 6 mistakes that Ruddy made, I can only really remember Leicester at home and Everton in a pre season friendly. And before people say, I wouldn''t personally blame Ruddy for that freak Forest goal.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="ms miggins"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what i have been told, i hate it when someone comes on here and says things like this but my manager was pretty confident it was him. I also saw FF in Morrisons once the guy is HUGE!!

I think we do need to sign FF watching the season review Ruddy made far too many mistakes throughout the season, i feel he was a good keeper in the championship but imo the prem he could cost us a lot of points[/quote]

[/quote] are you serious; ff made 1 or 2 mistakes all season, whereas ruddy has made triple that at least. (however that doesn''t make him a bad goalie)[/quote]

You name me 6 mistakes that Ruddy made, I can only really remember Leicester at home and Everton in a pre season friendly. And before people say, I wouldn''t personally blame Ruddy for that freak Forest goal.
[/quote]

Don''t forget the Swansea penalty. Oh no wait, that was the defenses fault for being so high up the pitch and Ruddy did save the penalty, a moment that technically decided our season.

All keepers give away a penalty once in a while, including Forster at Gillingham!Difference is, that penalty cost us 0 points, that goal against Leicester cost us 0 points, and that goal against Forest if your going to blame him for it, again, cost 0 points. Now lets look at the match saving saves he made for us

I think too many people on here are getting hung up on the number of mistakes made being the main factor in whether a keeper is any good or not.  There’s so much more to it than that – positioning, distribution, mentality, reach, 1 v 1s, decision-making… not to mention that confidence and positivity for the entire team starts right at the back with the man between the sticks.  Ruddy and Forster both made mistakes while playing for Norwich, but if you asked me who has the edge in terms of those other factors I’d say FF every time (apart from in distribution and mentality – I really admire the way Ruddy got on with things after a difficult start). 

Opening day of the season - Hugo Rodallega sprints past Whitbread, one on one with the keeper… who do you back to make the save?

NZogbia lines up a free kick 25 yards out – who do you trust to get his positioning and leap just right to stop the ball heading into the top corner?

I think Forster, but I’m sure others will have different opinions.

The thing is that we need the best GK available to us NOW.  That may or may not be FF, but I’m pretty sure it’s not Ruddy.  It’s a shame if it blocks Rudd and Steer’s development (though if bringing a new keeper in allows them both to get some game time in league 1 or 2 then I’m all for it), but whoever is keeping goal for NCFC next season is going to be a lot busier than anyone who’s played there over the last 2 seasons.  Making the right signing here will be the difference between staying up and going down, IMO. 

If we stick with Ruddy then I’ll be cheering him on with the rest of the team.  And as ever, I trust in Lambert to make the right decision here.

Just my 2p – OTBC and all that.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="ms miggins"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]i think most of the medicals are done at Colney, im only passing on what

are you serious; ff made 1 or 2 mistakes all season, whereas ruddy has made triple that at least. (however that doesn''t make him a bad goalie)[/quote]You name me 6 mistakes that Ruddy made, I can only really remember Leicester at home and Everton in a pre season friendly. And before people say, I wouldn''t personally blame Ruddy for that freak Forest goal. [/quote]Watford - Home (near post, should of saved)Waftford - Away (Danny Graham equaliser)Leicester - Home (oh dear)Forest - Home (should of picked it up, no need to kick it)Leeds - Home (should of done better from a weak max griedel shot)Crystal Palace - Home (beaten at near post from corner)Everton - friendly (oh dear)Gillinham - Cup there are more when i watched the season review I was shocked, dont get me wrong had a decent enough season but i can see him costing us in the Prem!!

His positioning on freekicks is pretty bad, this is what worries me the most. There''s been too many frrekicks that should not have gone in. However like i say - this doesn''t make him a bad goalkeeper, but i do think ff would be a steal for 2 million.

[quote user="ellis206"]All keepers give away a penalty once in a while, including Forster at Gillingham!
Difference is, that penalty cost us 0 points, that goal against Leicester cost us 0 points, and that goal against Forest if your going to blame him for it, again, cost 0 points.
Now lets look at the match saving saves he made for us
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Of course that penalty won us points as he saved it giving us a massive boost then we go up the other end and score. If we conceded we would have almost definetly lost.

Read my post again and think about it. I''m saying, Ruddy giving away the penalty didn''t cost us any points.

I think Ruddy did really well for us in the Champ, but I feel that FF has a far greater presence and is far more suited to the Prem. We need keeper back up for the Prem, so I really hope to see the big man back at Carrow Road.

Watford - Home (near post, should of saved) Eustace''s, smashed in from 7 yards??? No stopping that!
Waftford - Away (Danny Graham equaliser) Agree''d - Arguably cost us 2 points?
Leicester - Home (oh dear) Agree''d - cost us nothing!
Forest - Home (should of picked it up, no need to kick it) Cannot be blamed for that, absolute freak! Cost us nothing!
Leeds - Home (should of done better from a weak max griedel shot) Yes, probably - Arguably cost us 2 points?
Crystal Palace - Home (beaten at near post from corner) Cant remember it - Arguably cost us 2 points?
Everton - friendly (oh dear) Friendly, enough said - Cost us nothing!
Gillinham - Cup Cant remember a mistake in that game - Cost us nothing!

At an absolute maximum Ruddy cost us 6 points!  And thats saying we would have stayed 1 up away at Watford, that we still would have scored against Leeds and won 1-0 and we would have would have held on to a 1-1 draw against Palace.

No one as mentioned that FF cant kick for toffee and that he as played at League One level, and League One level only! Yes im including the SPL in that!

Really makes me laugh when people say ''watching the DVD reminds me how bad Ruddy was''! Jeeez.

"Crystal Palace - Home (beaten at near post from corner)"

I think you''ll find that that was Askou''s mistake, as he allowed the Palace player a free near-post header from about the six-yard line. Ruddy had next to no chance saving that.

The Palace home game was arguably our worst defensive performance all season. Askou, who from memory came in for a suspended Ward, looked way out of his depth.

Forest - Home (should of picked it up, no need to kick it)

Have to completely disagree with you.

A: It''s "should have picked it up" but that''s not my main point.

B: Several times throughout the season, a long Ruddy kick has lead to a goal. Bristol City away, Millwall at home.

You need to start looking at the positives and not "what he''s cost us" rather than what we''ve gained from him, and how much better he has got as the season has gone on.

Several fantastic performances from Ruddy, in games that we could''ve lost/drawn but gone on to win because he''s made some great stops.

I am going to watch the season review again tonight with a pen and paper and mark down all of the mistakes he made and come back to you...