Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Time for us to swoop again

I''m reasonably happy with the signings so far but in truth they have improved the quality of the squad more than they have improved the quality of the starting 11.

For me we are 3 or 4 players short at the moment and we haven''t signed anyone for a while so i want to see some deals being done in the next couple of weeks.

See we were linked again with Snodgrass (sun) and Whittingham (Mirror) this morning. Good players but in my view we really now need to be focussing on the defensive midfield, Cb and Keeper areas.

I agree about defensive mid and CB but we need a decent attacking midfielder as well. Whittingham would be perfect as he will give us a stronger option than Lappin at wide left and will give Surman a good challenge for starting position. I feel Surman always played his best when under pressure for example McNamee coming on agsinst Watford and changing the game completely  so Surman stepped it up against 1p5wich and was our best player, so having this pressure on him all season will no doubt improve him.

I mentioned him in the fraser Forster post but is Korey Smith too far down the pecking order to be considered a defensive mf in the3 Premiership?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I mentioned him in the fraser Forster post but is Korey Smith too far down the pecking order to be considered a defensive mf in the3 Premiership?[/quote]

I think he needs a season loan in the championship to help him develop. Perhaps a sweetener for the Snodgrass deal?