Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Links

Small thing really. Does anybody else not bother to follow up links  that are not pasted (in red.) Typing in a line of letters, numbers etc. for something that might be of no interest is something I cannot be bothered with.

It is quite easy to cut and paste on this Board, so why is this facility not used by all?

Am I being too fussy or too lazy or is there something I do not know about?

I think the problem lies in the different browsers some people use.

Internet exploder tends to automatically convert a URL into a hyperlink, whilst other browsers do not and require the user to click the ''create link'' icon and paste the URL into the box.

Some people are obviously either unaware of this or cannot be bothered.

Either way, I tend not to bother with URLs that aren''t hyperlinked.  Perhaps its laziness on my part.

Personally, I''d also prefer it if, when people link to an article, they also paste the relevant text into the box as my work internet blocks pretty much anything specifically related to football, like the BBC Sports site.  It becomes annoying when a thread goes on for ages and I have no idea what people are talking about!

Links don''t work work in Chrome on the Pink ''Un website.

Nor can you quote others without half a page of HTML.

It''s a pain!

It is a pain but Google chrome is far superior to Firefox and IE. It simply isn''t worth using another browser just for the forum - of course if this website weren''t so dated then it might actually work regardless of which browser you use!

I acccidentally started up IE the other day, and was shocked to find it takes about 20mins to open a single page (Exaggeration, but it''s a bloody long time when compared to Chrome!)

Chrome is definitely too ''new'' for this website. I copy and paste most links, depending on other comments. As some links are often just trolling/a waste of time.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Chrome is definitely too ''new'' for this website. I copy and paste most links, depending on other comments. As some links are often just trolling/a waste of time.[/quote]

Netscape Navigator 1.0  is too new for this website.

Personally, I''d also prefer it if, when people link to an article, they also paste the relevant text into the box as my work internet blocks pretty much anything specifically related to football, like the BBC Sports site. It becomes annoying when a thread goes on for ages and I have no idea what people are talking about!

Maybe you should get on with your work ;) haha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------