Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Max Gradel and Peter Whittingham

No we haven''t been linked with them but 2 players with-in our price range who I would love us to sign. Both are amongst the best players in the championship and could both cut it in the prem I believe. Both of them score loads of goals and both would cost around the 2.5 million mark. Our midfield would be so strong with these 2 in the team.

We were linked with a rumoured bid for Whittingham a couple of weeks back.....

I too would love to see him here and think he would be a great asset to the squad, even if we already do have more than enough players in midfield. However his quality and playing style would be great for us.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Gradel here either. Likewise to W''ham I feel he would slot nicely into our squad.

Where have Pompy got £2.25 Million from!!

I think Whittingham would be a good investment at 1.5!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Where have Pompy got £2.25 Million from!!

I think Whittingham would be a good investment at 1.5!

[/quote]

I just want to agree with what is being said on here regarding Whittingham. I think this is a very sensible suggestion. A goal scoring left winger who would provide balance to Bennett on the right wing and would not be too expensive for what he has achieved in the game so far. We are looking for value as money is pretty tight. Snodgrass at £8 million is a non starter and although Pilkington is talented, a fee in excess of £2 million for a player with a broken leg is massive risk and one which I think is unacceptable for a club like us to take.

[quote user="colneycanary"]No we haven''t been linked with them but 2 players with-in our price range who I would love us to sign. Both are amongst the best players in the championship and could both cut it in the prem I believe. Both of them score loads of goals and both would cost around the 2.5 million mark. Our midfield would be so strong with these 2 in the team.[/quote]

Erm we have been linked with both of them. Gradel only this morning in the Sun.

I think a strong midfield is the opposite of what we would have with Whittingham and Gradel in there. Not renowned for their tracking back or tackling prowess I think you''ll find. Good players but we need a nasty player as a DM to give them their freedom. Even then we can''t have too many "Fancy Dan''s" in our midfield. Listening to some people they''d like a midfield of Surman, Hoolahan, Bennett and Snodgrass. Crazy talk!

I think Whittingham played in a similar role to Fox for Cardiff last season, sort of a deep lying playmaker, so while he isn''t the defensive defensive midfielder we need he can play in a role that we don''t have any cover for currently.

been linked to Gradel in today''s sun

Sam joins rush to sign Gradel

SAM ALLARDYCE is the latest manager to join the £2million chase for Leeds'' Max Gradel.But West Ham will need to beat off a trio of top-flight clubs in

Fulham, Norwich and Swansea battling to sign the Ivory Coast winger, 23.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3663046/Sam-Allardyce-has-joined-the-rush-to-sign-Leeds-Max-Gradel.html#ixzz1QZqpQznF

Yesterday we were linked with Gradel in the sun and today were linked with Whittingham in the papers. Really hope we go for both of them!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Yesterday we were linked with Gradel in the sun and today were linked with Whittingham in the papers. Really hope we go for both of them![/quote]

Don''t forget we were linked with Snodgrass again this morning too. Lets get all of them, get that cheque book out!

I think either would be a good buy and offer something a bit different.Concerning Whittingham: He certainly was awesome for Cardiff the season before last and contributed greatly to there attacking play, including a number of important goals, though I don''t see him as a goal-machine.He was off the boil last season for one simple reason- Craig Bellemy. Not that Bellers didn''t play well and give his all for the cause (as he usually does), its that Whittingham was moved out of position in order to accomodate him. He was still decent, but by the end of the season, certainly by the Middlesburgh game, he had become noticeably disillusioned with the set-up at Cardiff. His lack of tracking back might be a problem. But to all doubters I merely say two wonderful words: "Wes" and "Hoolahan".Before PL arrived he was as guilty of that as much as the next British attacking midfielder (which constitutes at least 60% of all professional British footballers... the rest are strikers!). That changed. Whittingham, should he come here, would change as well.