Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

According to our friends over on WACCOE........

The following post is recieved with mixed views;

"I''m starting this thread tentatively because there''s no way of proving its true.

A guy who frequents the place I work and is a Leeds shareholder had told me an offer of 7m has been rejected, because the club want 8m. I asked about Gradel, and he said the club might sell him too.

I appreciate this is just my word, but I''m just passing a real conversation that just happened.(via mobile)"

To which he replies

"No as in I''m posting from my mobile. Some people are aware I live in Chelsea, this guy was in with Bates during his time at Chelsea and self describes as a shareholder. There''s always going to be people who doubt this shit, but as I said I''m just telling you what I''ve been told."

If Leeds really have turned down £7 Million, I cant see it been from us, Probably Newcastle? Also it is a big jump from the reported £3.5 we offered to 7, unless there as been on-going negotations and bids that we are unaware of. 

who on earth would be willing to offer 7m for him!?! Not a chance it was us, we''re not that stupid. Would be a great aquisition but a reasonable price. As for Gradel, as above, great signing but at the right price.

I imagine you are right by saying Newcastle, if of course its concrete news. No way would we double our offer just like that.

Really do not understand why British footballers are getting, quite frankly, ludicrous price tags stuck on them this year, the transfer market is up the creek.

I saw Keisuke Honda is expected to move this summer for about 8m and he was just about the best player in the World Cup not playing for Spain. Seems insane that there is even a suggestion that Snodgrass could be moving for that sort of money.

WACCOE is hardly a dependable reference point, but Newcastle probably have money to burn from the sale of Andy Carroll.

Alan Pardew needs to acquire some decent talent to appease fans up there (most of whom didn''t want him in the first place!)....

Mind you, being Scottish Snodgrass may prefer someone who literally speaks his language? Paul Lambert springs to mind!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Really do not understand why British footballers are getting, quite frankly, ludicrous price tags stuck on them this year, the transfer market is up the creek.[/quote]

Combination of 2 things in my opinion - first the rules about home grown players, but more importantly, the money of the news TV rights contract is filtering through. 

Last season was the first of the new contract, and it''s no co-incidence that prices are rising.  Look at West Ham, when they were relegated last time everyone left.  This time they are talking about £3-£5m transfers, it''s because they are getting £16m parachute payments instead of the £4m last time. 

If the top Championship clubs are able to pay £3m, it immediately puts a minimum £5m price tag on any player to go to the Premiership, as they know they will have to pay 3 to replace them.

No way is he worth that much, nor do I think Wickham is, but I bet that isn''t £8m straight up.

Wickham is young, and full of potential, I think Snodgrass can only play a little bit better than he does already, and that''s not stand out amazing - at least not for a value of 7m!!

I hope we take the same approach as CMS, if they are going to be silly about it, we should just move on.