Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

When watching our promotion dvd......

[quote user="canariesmr2"]

many john ruddy howlers versus 1 or 2 good saves....

[/quote]haha congratulations [|-)] give that man a cookie! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="canariesmr2"]

[/quote]

haha congratulations [|-)] give that man a cookie! [:D]
[/quote]

But the DVD didn''t really show much action apart from goals either for or against us...therefore saves were not really included, apart from the Swansea penalty save.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="canariesmr2"]

[/quote]

haha congratulations [|-)] give that man a cookie! [:D]
[/quote]

But the DVD didn''t really show much action apart from goals either for or against us...therefore saves were not really included, apart from the Swansea penalty save.

[/quote]

Fair Point. It just didnt give me confidence in him for next season. He definately improved over the season but he has no presence in the box.

If a player goes 1 on 1 you just know they are going to score.

[quote user="canariesmr2"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="canariesmr2"]

[/quote]haha congratulations [|-)] give that man a cookie! [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

Fair Point. It just didnt give me confidence in him for next season. He definately improved over the season but he has no presence in the box.

If a player goes 1 on 1 you just know they are going to score.

[/quote]But on another thread on here a couple of people were trying to claim that Ruddy has safe hands and that is hands were safer than Rudd''s.At least EIGHT of the howlers we conceeded last season were simply down to Ruddy not being able to hold on to the ball when he should have done, or shots that went straight through him.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]That Chris Martin actually had a great start to the season?[/quote]Yes he did - forgotten by many though! [;)]

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]That Chris Martin actually had a great start to the season?[/quote]That''s what I noticed the most as well.   Deffo worth keeping for next season.

[quote user="canariesmr2"]

[/quote]Bang on, me and my mate sat there with a beer in hand watching this on Saturday and had a real worry on about him next season.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]That Chris Martin actually had a great start to the season?[/quote]That''s what I noticed the most as well.   Deffo worth keeping for next season.[/quote]I agree, he was awesome at the start!

Chris Martins game had changed quite alot for me, less selfish, better awareness of his teammates and more economical with the ball, sadly this meant less shots and therefore less goals, which a striker will always be judged on!

On a serious note, I''m often disappointed with the depth of highlights for most games. I''d assume there is limited space on the DVD(s), plus the highlights from away stadiums may cost more depending on their length (?). But I''d like to see more saves, more near misses and more tackles for my £20. Plus whoever scripts the narration should include more information on who''s been injured between the games and who''s been signed and sold/released to give the season more of a story.

On a plus note the production standard in general for last season was a vast improvement on 2009/2010''s rather shoddy effort.

Does anybody know who edits and produces the DVDs? It would be nice to give some feedback.

[quote user="Kathy Wizard"]Grant Holt[/quote]Oh dear, I didn''t realise the season highlights were a Certificate X rated DVD Kathy??? [:$]

I find it funny, these comments on Ruddy, when the review shows a few games when Rudd was in goal, and every goal he concedes his positioning is poor

Russ is not ready yet, we know that, that is why he hasn''t been pushing Ruddy for a position. However, we do know he is a bloody good keeper, and will be a good prospect for the future. As for Ruddy, he was statistically the second best keeper in the league.

And statistically WE were the second best team.

So you lot can go have a nice cup of shut the **** up!

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Russ is not ready yet, we know that, that is why he hasn''t been pushing Ruddy for a position. However, we do know he is a bloody good keeper, and will be a good prospect for the future. As for Ruddy, he was statistically the second best keeper in the league.

So you lot can go have a nice cup of shut the **** up![/quote]haha statistically the second best keeper in the league who statistically conceeded more goals than about half the keepers in the Championship and made numerous errors which cost us points.  If we had a decent keeper last season then I have no doubts that we would''ve won the league.  I listed 13 simple goalkeeping errors made by Ruddy last season - far too many for the goalkeeper of any team wishing to survive without worry in their first season in the Premiership for a few years I would suggest.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Russ is not ready yet, we know that, that is why he hasn''t been pushing Ruddy for a position. However, we do know he is a bloody good keeper, and will be a good prospect for the future. As for Ruddy, he was statistically the second best keeper in the league.

So you lot can go have a nice cup of shut the **** up![/quote]

A game was never won on paper!