Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

AO written on registered stubs

just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?

Why have you bought ticket stubs?

and it doesn''t matter which season they are for as they can only be used once, the AO is the initial of the ticket office employee who processed the stubs when they were registered. They can not be used again.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?
[/quote]

Not only have you been taken for a mug you are thick and stupid enough to make a thread out of something that you were warned the club would not tolerate.I think Ipswich Crazy has more brain cells than you.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?
[/quote]

Not only have you been taken for a mug you are thick and stupid enough to make a thread out of something that you were warned the club would not tolerate.I think Ipswich Crazy has more brain cells than you.

[/quote]

Exactly, if I was in the Ticket Office I would be looking out for any stubs with AO written on them and making sure everyone else does the same!

Clearly it means "Aryans Only". Who did you buy them off? I think I''ll have to tell Mark Bright.

[/quote]

Serves you right you cheat! It annoys me that people like you will stop someone more deserving to get a ticket.  

[quote user="ncfc4life"]just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?[/quote]It stands for @rse ''ole.  [:D]

F*ck me, so I''ve just spent the majority of this afternoon looking for my 12 away stubs from last year and I''ve got this guy telling me that I can just buy them online?

WTF is going on?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="ncfc4life"]just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?[/quote]It stands for @rse ''ole.  [:D][/quote]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7vBQr81Ol4s/TQJwmxsmqXI/AAAAAAAAAqc/YojFZmSBiVY/s1600/flamenco.jpgOLE!

[quote user="ncfc4life"]just bought a few stubs off ebay and there already registered. However im not sure if they are registered for the upcoming season or last season. They have AO written on them so does this mean they have been registered for this season or last season as im not sure?[/quote]You sound like a sharp operator to me, ncfc4life, so, providing you keep it quiet, as a special favour for a deserving City fan like you I''ve got loads of stubs I can flog you. They''ve got nothing written on the back so just take ''em in to the Ticket Office and you''re home and dry.I''m sure no one there will notice they''re all over 12 months old.......

Ahh Smithy, have you got the pub list in and around Wigan Pier drawn up for us yet??? [:^)]

Of course if this is true then "A.O." in the ticket office is probably nervously expecting the tap on the shoulder from McNally.

Why would AO be expecting a tap on the shoulder? They just sign the tickets and register, they don''t then have to track them, and I''m pretty sure they didn''t initial them and then put them on Ebay themselves, that would be incredibly stupid!

[quote user="kick it off"]Why would AO be expecting a tap on the shoulder? They just sign the tickets and register, they don''t then have to track them, and I''m pretty sure they didn''t initial them and then put them on Ebay themselves, that would be incredibly stupid![/quote]

Forgive my ignorance as I do not work in the Ticket Office. So, pray tell, what happens to the stubs after they have been signed? 

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Why would AO be expecting a tap on the shoulder? They just sign the tickets and register, they don''t then have to track them, and I''m pretty sure they didn''t initial them and then put them on Ebay themselves, that would be incredibly stupid![/quote]

Forgive my ignorance as I do not work in the Ticket Office. So, pray tell, what happens to the stubs after they have been signed? 

[/quote]The ticket office register your ten stubs against your customer number then return the stubs to you. Any stubs that were from games played in the 2010/11 season will have 10/11 written on them so they can be used again for the 2011/12 season.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

The ticket office register your ten stubs against your customer number then return the stubs to you. Any stubs that were from games played in the 2010/11 season will have 10/11 written on them so they can be used again for the 2011/12 season.
[/quote]

Thanks SDP, that explains everything.

Sorry Joanna, just re-read my post and it came across quite patronising! I didn''t mean to sound condescending so sorry for that, thanks SDP for clearing it up.

[quote user="kick it off"]Sorry Joanna, just re-read my post and it came across quite patronising! I didn''t mean to sound condescending so sorry for that, thanks SDP for clearing it up.[/quote]

No need to apologise, it''s not an issue. As they say, you learn something new everyday.

[quote user="Smudger"]Ahh Smithy, have you got the pub list in and around Wigan Pier drawn up for us yet??? [:^)][/quote]The

Orwell at Wigan Pier

Wallgate, Wigan town centre.

Tel: 01942-323034/5

Opening :Mon-Sat 11am-11pm (Fri 11.30am); Sun 11am-10.30pm.

Beers include Samuel Smiths OBB, Uncle Joe''s Mild, Peter Yates

Bitter. Opened ironically, in 1984, this converted cotton

warehouse in the centre of the Wigan Pier heritage complex

was refurbished in 1997. It also has a 60 seater restaurant,

and a extensive menu. Live jazz during the Wigan Jazz Festival.

Busy on Friday and Saturday nights.
[quote user="footballgroundguide.com"]''Beside the away turnstiles is a very large Marquee, which

contains a bar specifically for the use of away fans. It has

the usual bar, big screen television and sells pies, as

well as teas and coffees. It''s a great facility and welcomes

families''. The traditional pub for away fans visiting

the DW stadium is the Red Robin, which is
only a few minutes walk away

from the ground opposite the Cinema Complex.

Otherwise in the centre of town is a Wetherspoons

outlet called the ''Moon Under Water'' which was popular with away

supporters on my last visit. Also worth a visit is the award winning

''Anvil'' pub, which is located next to the bus station. Both these

pubs are listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.
The ''Swan &

Railway'' pub in the town centre, opposite the entrance to Wigan

North Western Railway Station is best avoided by away supporters.

Otherwise alcohol is available inside the stadium.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Harry........I was about to reply to Smudger as I know he''s always desperate to pinpoint alcohol retailers in strange towns as he needs his matchday fix.I seem to recall '' The Orwell '' was our watering hole pre-match in 2003. Some on here will remember it as being part of the fantastic  '' Wigan Weekender '' organised by the Northern Canaries Rob Butcher which started with a visit from Delia and Michael for their AGM and ended with a big party at Rob''s house which somehow he and his wife Sharon insanely agreed to host. A weekend not to be forgotten.....The pub closed down a couple of years ago but has now re-opened. Well worth a visit but if footballgroundguide.com is anything to go by we''ll all be spoiled for choice by the time we get to the Pier.

Hate little bellends like you, do it the proper way. Buying  stubs just to get yourself to a game you clearly don''t deserve to be at, above someone that does their best to get to as many games as possible. Support your team properly.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Thanks for that Harry........I was about to reply to Smudger as I know he''s always desperate to pinpoint alcohol retailers in strange towns as he needs his matchday fix.I seem to recall '' The Orwell '' was our watering hole pre-match in 2003. Some on here will remember it as being part of the fantastic  '' Wigan Weekender '' organised by the Northern Canaries Rob Butcher which started with a visit from Delia and Michael for their AGM and ended with a big party at Rob''s house which somehow he and his wife Sharon insanely agreed to host. A weekend not to be forgotten.....The pub closed down a couple of years ago but has now re-opened. Well worth a visit but if footballgroundguide.com is anything to go by we''ll all be spoiled for choice by the time we get to the Pier.[/quote]Thanks Harry hadn''t got around to reading the Football Ground Guide on Wigan yet.I do always like to ask Smithy if he knows of any HIDDEN GEMS in towns and city''s I havent visited too often.I wonder if they write "AA" on the back of Smithy''s 10 stubs as opposed to "AO"????Hope to see those swaying hips in Wigan Graham! [;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Thanks for that Harry........I was about to reply to Smudger as I know he''s always desperate to pinpoint alcohol retailers in strange towns as he needs his matchday fix.I seem to recall '' The Orwell '' was our watering hole pre-match in 2003. Some on here will remember it as being part of the fantastic  '' Wigan Weekender '' organised by the Northern Canaries Rob Butcher which started with a visit from Delia and Michael for their AGM and ended with a big party at Rob''s house which somehow he and his wife Sharon insanely agreed to host. A weekend not to be forgotten.....The pub closed down a couple of years ago but has now re-opened. Well worth a visit but if footballgroundguide.com is anything to go by we''ll all be spoiled for choice by the time we get to the Pier.[/quote]Is the Orwell the one right near the car park that footballgroundguide back the was saying wasn''t "Away friendly" but was packed to the rafters with Norwich Fans?