Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Snodgrass price is £8m

Reported in The Sunday Times today.  Leeds have told Snodgrass that he will not be allowed to leave for less than £8m.  The report goes on to say that we have made 2 bids, both less than £4m

He''s a good player, and probably worth the money.But more importantly it would kill some Leeds fans to see him go to "bigger club" Norwich city.[:D]

£8M - they''re having a laugh. That just says that Leeds want to keep him. Hopefully he''ll get pi**ed off and performances slump so we pick him up in January for £3.5M + Delia''s latest cookbook.

Talking to one of our delivery men on friday,who is a regular there,and who told me he was told,we have bid 5 mill,and Leeds wont accept unless they have found a replacement,to keep the fans happy,while they are selling season tickets!

I wasnt gonna say anything on here as i hate 2nd hand gossip,but as someone has started a thread and this guy seems to be in the know as he was way ahead of anyone when he told me that in a few weeks, they would be taking bruce form the 1p5wich skm!

Ken Bates is very stubborn. He would rather let a players contract run down rather than be forced to sell (Beckford) unless of course he needs the cash, but of course Leeds have no debts having screwed their creditors.

[quote user="morty"]He''s a good player, and probably worth the money.But more importantly it would kill some Leeds fans to see him go to "bigger club" Norwich city.[:D][/quote]Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! He''s a decent winger yes, but imo 3m is overpriced. Gradel who had a better season would be cheaper. Don''t get me wrong, they are both brilliant wingers. But 8 million is a complete joke. For 8 million you could get any Championship player, and is he the best of the bunch? Spurs got Pienaar for 2.5m (I know his contract was almost up, but still). 8 Million for any Championship player is ridiculous.

Amazing how Leeds didn''t go up really when they apparently have one winger worth £8m, another worth £4-5m plus Johnson (so obviously a Premier League player), Becchio (goalscorer), Kasper the keeper, Kilkenney (better than Hoolahan according to Leeds fans) etc.

Yet they didn''t even make the play-offs. Makes you wonder whether their manager is any good.......

As much as I like the prospect of Snodgrass, he is too expensive at anything over £3.5m. Consider the Elliott Bennett deal - what a bargain that looks already!

Wouldn''t Benny & Snoddy would be competing for the same shirt anyway?

Figure plucked out of the sky IMO. Graham was the leagues leading scorer is 24 and went for £3.5m That is the yardstick fee for this season. No other championship player is worth more than £3.5 to £4m. If leeds do not want to sell at this it depends how much over the top we are willing to go. I would have thought nothing over £4.5m tops

This is another of how Ken Bates is getting more and more loopy the older he gets!

Snodgrass is very talented but hes only had one season at Championship level. Hes worth £3-£4million with add ons at the most!

Lets ope we get him!

This is another EXAMPLE (I missed this bit out when I posted and for some reason I''m not allowed to edit even though we now have that facility!) of how Ken Bates is getting more and more loopy the older he gets!

Snodgrass is very talented but hes only had one season at Championship level. Hes worth £3-£4million with add ons at the most!

Lets ope we get him!

Anything over 3 is too much. I''ve heard we moved our interest away from him a long time ago, and damn right if they are just going to milk us for money!

8 million pounds, has Bates lost it? To quote old Kenny boy, "they can stick it where the sun don''t shine".

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="morty"]He''s a good player, and probably worth the money.But more importantly it would kill some Leeds fans to see him go to "bigger club" Norwich city.[:D][/quote]Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! He''s a decent winger yes, but imo 3m is overpriced. Gradel who had a better season would be cheaper. Don''t get me wrong, they are both brilliant wingers. But 8 million is a complete joke. For 8 million you could get any Championship player, and is he the best of the bunch? Spurs got Pienaar for 2.5m (I know his contract was almost up, but still). 8 Million for any Championship player is ridiculous. [/quote]I''d suspect that figure is pretty inaccurate, no he''s probably not worth 8, but I would have him in my team.

[quote user="crafty canary"]£8M - they''re having a laugh. That just says that Leeds want to keep him. Hopefully he''ll get pi**ed off and performances slump so we pick him up in January for £3.5M + Delia''s latest cookbook.
[/quote]

Haha, I love the way Delia can generate money WHENEVER she can be arsed doing it! What a legend :)

If Snodgrass wanted to leave Leeds after our 3mill bid or whatever then Leeds should let him go for that kind of price!! Selfish buggers!!

for me 8m is about 4m too much someone mentioned about pienarr for 2.5m and he is better than snod and he is also a hell of a player i personally think with 8m we could bring in 2 maybe 3 strong players maybe couple of defenders we need

£8m is what you would officially describe as a fu*k off price. Doesn''t in anyway represent his value but then Leeds have no need to sell him, so aren''t going to be mugged off by Norwich offering a price that truly represents his value.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]£8m is what you would officially describe as a fu*k off price. Doesn''t in anyway represent his value but then Leeds have no need to sell him, so aren''t going to be mugged off by Norwich offering a price that truly represents his value.

[/quote]For me this just confirms that these northern clowns (no disrespect to the many hard working actual clowns out there) are still living and breathing a complete dream, this horse crap I keep hearing about Europe this Europe that when in truth the only thing Europe is your own arse''s...........It goes by the name angry small club syndrome.

We have just signed Morison on a deal which could rise to almost £3 million , in my opinion Snodgrass is two or three times the player Morison is so you work out his value , you buy British you pay way over the odds thats just how it is nowadays .

I know the value of players is pretty silly at the moment, but £8 million for any player is quite frankly ridiculous. Even £4 million should buy almost any player in the league. Didn''t Man U pay £6 million for Hernandez?!Leeds can keep him for that money.

Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but keep Snoddy, we''ll have Lewis McGugan for £4m and two fingers to Bates. Young, talented and hungry - I think McGugan would have a good season in the Premiership. And yes, I am aware that Snodgrass and McGugan are not identical types of player, but they can both cover the "hole".

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but keep Snoddy, we''ll have Lewis McGugan for £4m and two fingers to Bates. Young, talented and hungry - I think McGugan would have a good season in the Premiership. And yes, I am aware that Snodgrass and McGugan are not identical types of player, but they can both cover the "hole". [/quote]

As can Bennett who we already have and Pilkington who, it appears, is more likely (cheaper) than either Snodgrass (too expensive) or McGugan (not on the radar).

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]

They can keep him 8 million! haha, far better players in and around the 4-5 million bracket!

[/quote]

Someone should remind Bates, He is chairman of Not very good Leeds, and not Chairman of Chelski. IMO £8MIL is £6mil to much, everyone harping on about £3 or £4 mil, no chance, if him and his leeds team mates are that good why are they still playing in the lower league   

For 8m we could probably get Lansbury & Pacheco. Both are younger than Snodgrass and are of similar quality to him also both have played at a higher level. We also know they fit in well with the team. 8m for Snodgrass is insane at 3.5m he would still be expensive. It''s not as if he set the championship on fire.

[quote user="Mahogany"]For 8m we could probably get Lansbury & Pacheco. Both are younger than Snodgrass and are of similar quality to him also both have played at a higher level. We also know they fit in well with the team. 8m for Snodgrass is insane at 3.5m he would still be expensive. It''s not as if he set the championship on fire.[/quote]I agree on that one, we''re never going to pay more than 3 million, let''s look at other players.

[quote user="Ncfc"]We have just signed Morison on a deal which could rise to almost £3 million , in my opinion Snodgrass is two or three times the player Morison is so you work out his value , you buy British you pay way over the odds thats just how it is nowadays .
[/quote]

"Could rise to almost £3M"  but starting at ? (£1.5M?). "Two or three times the player" - not sure how you come to that conclusion  but if it is 2 times, 2x1.5M = £3M but 2 x £3M = £6M. If he is 3 times, 3x1.5M = £4.5M and 3x3M = £9M. So on your logic, anything between £3M and £9M. Thanks for your contribution. Really clarifies everything and puts it into perspective.