Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Lambert's Top 5

McNally said he was confident that the club would get in Lambert''s top 5 targets before they returned back to training with possibly a couple of additions after that; so we now have Vaughan, Morison, Bennett, De Laet and Johnson.

So, do people believe these players were always his top 5 or that they were flexible and possibly not his top 5 at all but just the signings he completed first? Because if they were his top targets where does this leave the other possible additions? Over the last couple of weeks we have been linked with Snodgrass, Whittingham, Ambrose, Forster and more recently Pilkington, so do people expect us to bag a player like some of the ones mentioned or do we take McNaly''s words literally and that now he has his ''top five'', will any more signings be cosidered as a ''lesser'' signings to a certain extent?

In no way am slating the current signings, just wondered what were people''s views on what we can expect from any more signings we may make?

I think that these were the ones that Lambert considered to tick all the boxes, both in his player model and financially. His next group would probably be more dependant on finances, the right players but may be priced out by the selling club (Snodgrass for example).

De Laat is a loan and i dont think he was on his must have list although i think the other 4 are. If we are talking about 7 on the buy list i think Snodgrass was near the top of the list but that deal appears to have failed but Pilkington could in turn help fill that position. I am biased but still think FF is on his list if it comes off or not who knows. I am confident CMS is not and i have not got a clue about any others

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I think that these were the ones that Lambert considered to tick all the boxes, both in his player model and financially. His next group would probably be more dependant on finances, the right players but may be priced out by the selling club (Snodgrass for example).[/quote]i like your thinking, would tie in well with him ''boxing clever'' and would leave a ''marquee signing'' open for happening still. I think that''s more of an open book though. I bet we have £5m and a £20,000 wage set aside for a deserving taker, and we''ll wait until the right deal comes along. The 5 signed were planned for i think.