Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Bradley Johnson Transfer value?

I know we have got him on a Bosman but if he had had a couple of years on his contract and we had paid a transfer fee what would he have been worth. Difficult to say but i guess in the range £500 000 to £1m

Slightly off topic, so I do apologise OP but is there anything stopping a club signing a player on a free, and then selling him in the same transfer window to make an immediate profit?

As things stand if Johnson can''t lift his game to the new level, he has got to be worth £500k. If he succeeds, and he is still quite young, then the value could be even as much as £2m, or more.

[quote user="alysha"]Slightly off topic, so I do apologise OP but is there anything stopping a club signing a player on a free, and then selling him in the same transfer window to make an immediate profit?[/quote]Football manager tactics, I like it. [;)]

Alysha,

That wouldn''t work. If we sold him we''d have to pay up his contract, and the cost of that plus his signing on fee would probably outweigh the transfer fee received for him.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

Alysha,

That wouldn''t work. If we sold him we''d have to pay up his contract, and the cost of that plus his signing on fee would probably outweigh the transfer fee received for him.

[/quote]

It would work, a club doesn''t have to pay up a players contract when they leave, the player agrees to cancel the contract in order to secure the move. What would stop it is the FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window (Johnson has so far been at Leeds and Norwich). We could sign him now and then sell him on in the next window for a profit though.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

Alysha,

[/quote]

It would work, a club doesn''t have to pay up a players contract when they leave, the player agrees to cancel the contract in order to secure the move. What would stop it is the FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window (Johnson has so far been at Leeds and Norwich). We could sign him now and then sell him on in the next window for a profit though.

[/quote]

Yes, I get that we don''t normally have to pay up a contract (unless I think if the buying club were offering less money we might make up the difference to make it go through), but in the situation described by Alysha, why would Johnson let us off the hook on the three year contract he''s just signed when as a matter of law, he doesn''t have to?

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

Alysha,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I get that we don''t normally have to pay up a contract (unless I think if the buying club were offering less money we might make up the difference to make it go through), but in the situation described by Alysha, why would Johnson let us off the hook on the three year contract he''s just signed when as a matter of law, he doesn''t have to?

[/quote]

He wouldn''t have to, a club can never force a player to transfer from one club to another but if it was made clear to the player that they weren''t going to be getting any games here then they would probably agree to move on (as long as their wages were similar). From the players point of view he could get himself another signing on fee so might be happy to move on.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I know we have got him on a Bosman but if he had had a couple of years on his contract and we had paid a transfer fee what would he have been worth. Difficult to say but i guess in the range £500 000 to £1m[/quote]Interesting (to me anyway) he''s only just turned 24 two or three months back.  If he was under 24 now we''d have to pay some sort of fee anyway.  So I guess Leeds aren''t too happy he''s walked for nothing.

I think this is the fastest we have ever wanted to sell a player it seems :-P An estimated 1m I reckon for Bradley, no more.Good squad player with various positions BUT please enough of the squad players to give the team a ''hand''. Our final 2 signings need to be shoe ins for the first 11 & take us up a level.C

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

Alysha,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wouldn''t have to, a club can never force a player to transfer from one club to another but if it was made clear to the player that they weren''t going to be getting any games here then they would probably agree to move on (as long as their wages were similar). From the players point of view he could get himself another signing on fee so might be happy to move on.

[/quote]Nicolas Anelka made himself a fortune moving every couple of years.

[quote user="Crispy"]I think this is the fastest we have ever wanted to sell a player it seems :-P An estimated 1m I reckon for Bradley, no more.Good squad player with various positions BUT please enough of the squad players to give the team a ''hand''. Our final 2 signings need to be shoe ins for the first 11 & take us up a level.C[/quote]

if you''re after a big time charlie you''re supporting the wrong team.

To be fair I keep getting the feeling we''re building a team for 2012-13 (most of which will have a year of premiership experience by then)

BY&G "FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window."

If the transfer window opened today, hasn''t he technically only been with 1 club - us?

[quote user=" Badger"]BY&G "FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window."

If the transfer window opened today, hasn''t he technically only been with 1 club - us?[/quote]Correct Mr Badger.  David Bell only hung around for 6 months and buggered off.

I am not after a big time Charlie ....... just someone who is proven at this level. I would rather us spend big on 1 player now who a cut above our current crop than 4 more champ or league 1 players that will come in & ''give us a hand''Don''t get me wrong I think all our signings are good for us & am sure at least 1 of them will become stars but now we need an extra edge then I would be a lot more confident. 

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user=" Badger"]BY&G "FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window."

If the transfer window opened today, hasn''t he technically only been with 1 club - us?[/quote]Correct Mr Badger.  David Bell only hung around for 6 months and buggered off.[/quote]Badger you might be right - I''m not sure on when the FA counts from. Sometimes they talk about the "end of the season" which starts the day after the Play-Off final and sometimes they talk about July 1st.As for David Bell he moved in different transfer windows  - which is allowed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user=" Badger"]BY&G "FA ruling that a player cannot be registered for more than 2 clubs in anyone transfer window."

If the transfer window opened today, hasn''t he technically only been with 1 club - us?[/quote]Correct Mr Badger.  David Bell only hung around for 6 months and buggered off.[/quote]Badger you might be right - I''m not sure on when the FA counts from. Sometimes they talk about the "end of the season" which starts the day after the Play-Off final and sometimes they talk about July 1st.As for David Bell he moved in different transfer windows  - which is allowed.[/quote]Yeah I know... Unless I''ve misunderstood the OP and he meant get ''X'' player on a free and then flog him on a couple of weeks later.