Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Stephen Caulker

Is joining Swansea on loan for the season, I know Redknapp said we also wanted him, so does this mean PL will be looking for another CB instead now? Ritchie De Laet is OK at CB, but surely we need somebody else, if not all we have is Ward, RDL, Whitbread and Barnett and RDL isn''t even predomenantly a CB!

Arn''t we allowed only 2 loans? If so after De Laet I would be suprised if Lambert wanted another defender on loan

Well if the lad on the Pilkington thread is true then we look to be lining up a move for the Liverpool youngster Stephen Sama, who''s a CB.

[quote user="huckerby6"]Don''t think there was really anything in this Caulker to Norwich Loan rumour!!![/quote]

Despite the fact that Redknapp said ''Norwich want him'' ???

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="huckerby6"]Don''t think there was really anything in this Caulker to Norwich Loan rumour!!![/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t prove anything. Just like Fry said CMS rejected us this summer, which McNally later claimed was not true and that our interest ended in March..

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Doesn''t prove anything. Just like Fry said CMS rejected us this summer, which McNally later claimed was not true and that our interest ended in March..

[/quote]

Why did Mcnally not come out and say we were had no interest in him?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="alysha"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you seriously expect McNally to come out and confirm which rumours are true and which are not every time we are linked with a player?

Ok, so we are going to disregard everything any football manager says because the notorious Barry Fry once lied?

Barry Fry had a reason to lie, there was obviously ill feeling between the clubs after the move in January fell through. Unfortunatley for Fry we were promoted and found other players.

Redknapp as no reason to lie, also the quote which was “And I know Swansea want him – but so do Norwich and there are a couple of clubs in there.” must have had some truth in it as Caulker as signed for Swansea today!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Ok, so we are going to disregard everything any football manager says because the notorious Barry Fry once lied?

Barry Fry had a reason to lie, there was obviously ill feeling between the clubs after the move in January fell through. Unfortunatley for Fry we were promoted and found other players.

Redknapp as no reason to lie, also the quote which was “And I know Swansea want him – but so do Norwich and there are a couple of clubs in there.” must have had some truth in it as Caulker as signed for Swansea today!

[/quote]

I never said to disregard eveything any football manager says, I said it doesn''t prove anything as I believe agents and managers would be likely to say other clubs are interested to get the club which truly is to make a deal before he goes elsewhere. I''m not saying we were not interested, but just because Harry Redknapp said we were doesn''t prove anything to me either.

[quote user="alysha"][quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="alysha"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you seriously expect McNally to come out and confirm which rumours are true and which are not every time we are linked with a player?

[/quote]

Why come out for Fry then? It is almost a mirrored situation - an offical from another club announce we have enquired about their player.

I think the silence speaks volumes and if anything confirms that we did/do have an interest in the player.

Agreed.  Redknapp is of the same ilk as Barry Fry. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Redknapp had more reason to lie than Barry Fry in my opinion - Old ''Arry was probably trying to get a larger loan fee out of Swansea so threw in some names to scare them a little. 

If we were in for Caulker I would imagine our interest finished when we brought in Richie De Laet. 

I''m sure we did express an interest. But I personally think that our ''interest'' went no further than simply making an inquiry.I think we got our first choice in De Laet because not only is he slightly more proven he is also more versatile, providing good competition and cover for more than one position. Redknapp mentioned us, breaking the unofficial rule of silence, probably out of a lack of respect for us (I don''t like him and I make no secret of it).Of course, I''m not saying that another CB isn''t in the pipeline.So Caulker has gone to Swansea... oh well, boo-hoo. We got somebody better.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]It''s possible there was some truth in it (a simple enquiry perhaps?), but I wouldn''t trust anything that Harry Redknapp says about player transfers to be honest with you!

I thought it was pretty obvious that as soon as De Laet signed on loan at CB it ruled out a loan move for Caulker at CB. It would have been a straight choice of one or the other. De Laet seems the better prospect if you ask me.

Once Johnson finally wraps up his move today it leaves two more of PL''s seven signings to come in. One keeper and another defender on permanent deals most probably, leaving the remaining allowed loan signing for January.

As for Harry Redknapp and Barry Fry, I think they''re both absolute old school legends. Real characters who put their current club first every time.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Once Johnson finally wraps up his move today it leaves two more of PL''s seven signings to come in. One keeper and another defender on permanent deals most probably, leaving the remaining allowed loan signing for January.

[/quote]

Or alternatively shuffle the 25 man squad around in January, we could always drop one or two to bring in new signings.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

Or alternatively shuffle the 25 man squad around in January, we could always drop one or two to bring in new signings.

[/quote]

More than likely Joanna. Ship out the poorest performers from the fringes and loan them out, and replace them with reenforcements in January. I wonder who is the most likely to not make the grade?

Lambert had outlined in his wish list to the board he wanted a cb on loan from a premiership reserve team rdl and caulker were on this list. He got RDL and that''s the end of it. He wasn''t looking to get both. I expect us to sign on a permanent a center/left sided defender as on of the last two signings we make as well as another midfielder.