Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hopeful Signings (Hopefully not too unrealistic)

Names i''d be happy to see come through the doors:Fraser ForsterMatthew UpsonMatt MillsRoger JohnsonLuke ChambersRobert SnodgrassMax GradelLewis MucguganPeter WhittinghamDarren AmbroseDani PachecoHenri LansburyAnyone add to this list?I haven''t put any signings from non-english leagues in as i don''t think we''ll be going down that route. Loved the Guardado link tho!

I think you can safely take Upson and Johnson off that list due to being a little too rich for our tastes.

As we can only have one more loan player this season I can''t see Lambert using that this summer, so Pacheco and Lansbury would seem unlikely at the moment. The rest are possible (Mills and McGugan would probably be streching it a little in regards to fees), think a GK and defender of some form will arrive before the season starts, and possibly another defensive midfielder.

I agree Bethel, I think loans will be used more in January, should the need be there. I don''t think we will spend a lot more money unless Lambert thinks it is worth it, so much price ripping happening out there, and we don''t want to be pulled into it (CMS, for example).

Would like to see a few more midfielders to strengthen up the squad, along with a defender and goalkeeper.

At the moment I would be happy with a decent defender and FF as GK! Can''t see us snapping up Upson or Johnson...neither do I think we will get Snodgrass or Lansbury and Pacheco back... The Loan will be for January. Anxiously waiting for some concrete rumours...like everyone here!!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Names i''d be happy to see come through the doors:

Fraser Forster
Matthew Upson
Matt Mills
Roger Johnson
Luke Chambers
Robert Snodgrass
Max Gradel
Lewis Mucgugan
Peter Whittingham
Darren Ambrose
Dani Pacheco
Henri Lansbury

Anyone add to this list?
I haven''t put any signings from non-english leagues in as i don''t think we''ll be going down that route. Loved the Guardado link tho!
[/quote]

Luke Chambers or Matt Mills would be my best picks from this list followed by Forster, that would be two more major places filled. I think we don''t need anymore attacking midfielders ruling most of the rest out. It''s just a defensive midfielder left to find if we got two of the above three in.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I think you can safely take Upson and Johnson off that list due to being a little too rich for our tastes.

As we can only have one more loan player this season I can''t see Lambert using that this summer, so Pacheco and Lansbury would seem unlikely at the moment. The rest are possible (Mills and McGugan would probably be streching it a little in regards to fees), think a GK and defender of some form will arrive before the season starts, and possibly another defensive midfielder.

[/quote]

I think you are spot on Bethnal - a GK,  a centre back and possibly a defensive midfielder.

In addition I''ll add the left winger but thats going to take some time (i.e. may be not this transfer window)

Fraser Forster - Yes pleaseMatthew Upson - Only if his wages are more Holtesque or Hoolohanesque than say Bellamyesque, he was on £40k at West Ham!! If he wants it he will take £12k, if he chooses the highest offer in Qatar or something then he isn''t our type of player. Matt Mills - Wolves are said to have have had a £3m offer rejected, do we really want to offer any more than that? Roger Johnson - Wolves priced out of him, apparently Brum want £10m, so errrm.... no. Luke Chambers - Yes pleaseRobert Snodgrass - Not if Whittingham is cheap enough, think we have bid enough. Max Gradel - How much will Leeds want for him? £90m?Lewis McGugan - If the price is right, perfect competition for that Hoolohan role. Peter Whittingham - Yes pleaseDarren Ambrose - No way, dirty scummer, had one great season the year before last but was distinctly average last year. Dani Pacheco -  Well we aren''t getting him on a perm, but a loan why not? If we were to sign McGugan though, we don''t need a third Wes. Henri Lansbury - Yes please