Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Anyone else removing their grass over the summer?

So, Gary Kemp may be finding it warm and having it off, but some of us have got to work for a living. Really, not all of us are faded pop stars debauching themselves while the sun''s out.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]So, Gary Kemp may be finding it warm and having it off, but some of us have got to work for a living. Really, not all of us are faded pop stars debauching themselves while the sun''s out.[/quote]

PMSL.Not the Gary Kemp the pop star, it;s the Gary kemp NCFC''s own head gardener.Some Poeple really.

"Not the Gary Kemp the pop star, it;s the Gary kemp NCFC''s own head gardener."

''True'', as the ex-New Romantic would no doubt have put it.

But on a deeper level it surely begs the question of what our own star gardener sings.

Maybe he''s currently belting out (to the tune of ''Gold''): "Holt, Always believe in your goals, You''ve got the power to score, You''re indestructible ..."

My money''s on "Sing while I''m mowing, I only sing when I''m mowing ...".

Anyone at the ground (or even Morrison''s) who can find out?

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"Not the Gary Kemp the pop star, it;s the Gary kemp NCFC''s own head gardener."

But on a deeper level it surely begs the question of what our own star gardener sings.

Maybe he''s currently belting out (to the tune of ''Gold''): "Holt, Always believe in your goals, You''ve got the power to score, You''re indestructible ..."

Anyone at the ground (or even Morrison''s) who can find out?[/quote]I think we should start singing that Holt song...

Tried to get the missus to remove the grass, as it was getting a bit of a thicket, and rather bushy round the edges. ....She gave me a thick ear!!

[quote user="CambsCanary"]"Not the Gary Kemp the pop star, it;s the Gary kemp NCFC''s own head gardener."

Anyone at the ground (or even Morrison''s) who can find out?[/quote]

I like the Holt song, one that would catch on.I was never a new romantic, I was a Mod at the time and had a silly hairdryer I used to ride around on, thought I was the bees knee''s at the time with my fish tail parker, Fed Perry and eye liner.Boy those were the days

Following this thread I think what did we do wrong over on the other redacted forum.?Most folk ignored comments.I think this thread was funny. muff said. Apologies for spelling.ce

Kathy reckons that hers is very dry and badly cracked.She puts it down to nobody has offered to go round and hold their sprinkler anywhere near it.[;)]

[IMG]http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/lawnmower_shave.jpg[/IMG]

I dug up most of a primary school playing field last summer, so a large drainage scheme could be installed to help relieve storm water flooding in their village.

12 months later and the field still isnt great, so its being re-laid this summer.....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Kathy reckons that hers is very dry and badly cracked.She puts it down to nobody has offered to go round and hold their sprinkler anywhere near it.[;)][/quote]

Well it''s no good me using your sprinkler Til1010. From what I hear it''s rusty and sometimes wont work at all, and even when it does, it doesn''t shoot further than a couple of inches.

[quote user="Kathy Wizard"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Kathy reckons that hers is very dry and badly cracked.She puts it down to nobody has offered to go round and hold their sprinkler anywhere near it.[;)][/quote]

Well it''s no good me using your sprinkler Til1010. From what I hear it''s rusty and sometimes wont work at all, and even when it does, it doesn''t shoot further than a couple of inches.

[/quote]

I will have you know that my sprinkler functions perfectly well if it is turned on as it should be.In fact if i aim it in the right direction i can shower the woman next door by just standing on my patio.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy Wizard"]

[/quote]

I will have you know that my sprinkler functions perfectly well if it is turned on as it should be.In fact if i aim it in the right direction i can shower the woman next door by just standing on my patio.

[/quote]

I think I''ve drawn the short straw. The groundsman manhandled my dads hose, almost returning it to source!!

I had the misfortune of trying to drag it across the football pitch, I got it to half way and had to drop it. I had a rest and grabbed the release valve, went everywhere!!!! All over the box and right in the mouth.......of the goal.

Apparently seed has been spread in both mouths and is expected to result in germination in the coming months.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is yours one of those ones that fertilises at the same time? My mum warned me about those.

[quote user="Harry"][IMG]http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/lawnmower_shave.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Blimey Harry this must have been in a hell of a state if a petrol mower is needed to keep it in trim.I would have thought a little going over with a strimmer would have done the trick if it had been kept in good order.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Kathy reckons that hers is very dry and badly cracked.She puts it down to nobody has offered to go round and hold their sprinkler anywhere near it.[;)]

[/quote]I heard she used to keep chickens on it. At least I think that''s what they said, something about raising many old cocks in her time....

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Kathy reckons that hers is very dry and badly cracked.She puts it down to nobody has offered to go round and hold their sprinkler anywhere near it.[;)]

[/quote]I heard she used to keep chickens on it. At least I think that''s what they said, something about raising many old cocks in her time....

[/quote]

I expected your input on this thread before today Lapp. I can only assume you''ve been on holiday [;)]

[quote user="Kathy Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I expected your input on this thread before today Lapp. I can only assume you''ve been on holiday [;)]

[/quote]Funnily enough, I''ve been mowing lawns....in churchyards. Now, does yours need a trim....while I''ve got it out? [:^)]

[;)]

Last year Mrs Mustard asked what I thought of her grass? I suggested it would be far neater if she trimmed it a little. She asked “what’s wrong with it at the moment then?” I replied “well let’s put it this way; should get any bigger it’ll need its own post code!”

Thankfully she burst out laughing at that line!

The grass was sorted out the very next day…