Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

If Taarabt is worth 13.5 mil

No,not a chance is he worth all that,as for Wes i would say honestly after a good season in the top flight he''ll be worth about £8 million at the moment i would say about £4million.

Jesus they would be stupid not to take it.Taraabt wou8ld definetly goet found out in a higher league as he can be so easily marked out of the game. With that sort of money you could sign three or four players who could add different quality to their side.

The problem with Wes is that he''s pushing 30. No matter how well he plays this season he won''t be worth 4m+ as he only has maybe 3 top class seasons left in him. We wouldn''t get the premium on potential that Snod and Taarabt have or the premium for being an established Premiership player of someone like Osman who has been playing there for years.

Not that I think we would sell him for 3m or so, just no one would bid much higher. On the plus side that means we will probably keep him for the rest of his career and that could be worth a lot more than what Ipswich got for Wickham.

13.5 M, I''d snap their arm off for that. He was a big fish in a small championship pond and makes Chris Martin look like an angel. There could be trouble ahead...

A friend well connected with Tottenham says they have a large sell on clause on Taraabt, believed to be 40%. But we''ll see if he''s right or not..

They would be mad not to accept that offer but I hope they do reject it. Tarrabt will be marked out of games and will do the usual sulking etc. not good for team morale. With 13.5 million, they could buy a a few decent players and will be a much stronger team than they would be if they keep and rely on Tarrabt. On the other hand, QPR arn''t short of money so it might not influence their future transfer dealings.

Why do we never produce or sell players worth this kind of money?

Ipswich get £9m + add ons for Wickham, QPR get a £13.5mill bid for Taraabt, Leeds want (and will probably get close to) £8mill for Snodgrass.

I know we had Ashton a few years ago but its annoying watching other clubs make easy money when we don''t.

Paint me yellow...you are a waste of space. Do you really want us to become a selling club which will leave us on route to league 1 again? We are buying new players keeping our best players and in the top league this is how i want my club to run. Secondly we have players at the same level or higher then snodgrass/Taarabt so stop your moaning about pointless matters.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Why do we never produce or sell players worth this kind of money?

Ipswich get £9m + add ons for Wickham, QPR get a £13.5mill bid for Taraabt, Leeds want (and will probably get close to) £8mill for Snodgrass.

I know we had Ashton a few years ago but its annoying watching other clubs make easy money when we don''t.[/quote]

And whos position would you rather be in, QPR''s, Leeds, Ipswich''s or ours?

OK. It seems my question was slightly misphased or misunderstood. I''ll ask it in a better way:

Why do we never produce or own players who command high prices/values such as those mentioned previously? Weather we sell them on or not should be a side issue.

Apologies for my badly phrased question earlier. I can understand how it was misunderstood. It wasn''t supposed to be a moan. Just an observation.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]And Snodgrass 8 mil, how much do we think Wes is worth?[/quote]About 50% of Cody Macdonald, I reckon.