Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

OT - site problems?

It''s taken me about 20 hours of various attempts to get back on here, and even now it takes at least minutes (on this occasion it has been about 2 hours) and multiple reloads to simply get on to a different page.My obsession is beginning to tread into dangerous territory already this summer.

This is freaky, it reminds me of that scene from Vanilla Sky or the one from 28 Days, I feel like the Pink Un(dead).

I''ve found the site to be slow for quite a while now, and in the last few days it has been barely working at all, not just on my laptop but mobile also. Every now and again it seems like it''s back to normal, yet a couple of minutes later if I click on a new thread or post it''s back to not working again.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Archant getting statue of Del Boy Trotter outside Rouen Rd to thank for his IT Services provided.[/quote]

My mistake! it''s actually Walt Disney because of this Mickey Mouse site..............

first time I''ve been able to get on since thursday!

Presume Archant will explain what the problems are in due course ??

My technical knowledge has led me to assume that one of the hamsters presumably died, therefore a replacement hamster has been found.

Tonight has been the best by far in a while, I find it strange that SDP or someone in the know has not posted/tweeted or sent a pigeon to ease the pain.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Tonight has been the best by far in a while, I find it strange that SDP or someone in the know has not posted/tweeted or sent a pigeon to ease the pain.[/quote]Posted a few tweets over the weekend and, had I been able to access the messageboard, would have posted on here too. Now I''m back in the office I can find out what went wrong.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Twitchy"]Tonight has been the best by far in a while, I find it strange that SDP or someone in the know has not posted/tweeted or sent a pigeon to ease the pain.[/quote]Posted a few tweets over the weekend and, had I been able to access the messageboard, would have posted on here too. Now I''m back in the office I can find out what went wrong.[/quote]The meter needed a shilling

Perhaps the EDF Energy website of the year award fell onto the server?

The pinkun web server yesterday;

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/c83c82138201995][IMG]http://thumbnails35.imagebam.com/13821/c83c82138201995.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

Perhaps the EDF Energy website of the year award fell onto the server?

The pinkun web server yesterday;

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/c83c82138201995][IMG]http://thumbnails35.imagebam.com/13821/c83c82138201995.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]LOL

This site is quite simply the most unreliable  that I know of and visit on a regular occasion... It''s a good thing that it''s not yet charged for.

I wasn''t able to log on for 2 days, and noted Sports Desk Pete''s response earlier.I don''t do football but I did spring to Delia''s defence as any Gentleman would. I was surprised to find the forum I usually post on up and running at first light this morning,well 09.20 actually! Posted a reply to evil wizard and went for a newspaper. But now.It''s gone completely... I clicked without looking and got the Kings Lynn thread. Baffled I was.There was to be a review of the usefulness of the forum and if users could be trusted not to makea mockery of Archant''s code of conduct. Can''t tell if that happened as there is nothing there."Gone ,and never called me mother".ce

Mon lunchtime & still no explanation as to why the message board is stuffed and no suggestion as to what is gonna be done about it?

The debate planned for Tuesday might as well be inserted where the sun don''t shine cos no one will be able to get on the site.

I did the same thing, ce, I went back to look at what other gems people had come up with on my new topic, and found the whole kit and kaboodle gone.

I''m devastated, I thought we''d got ourselves a reprieve, hence my attempt to start a lighthearted thread to entertain and get back to the fun.

Boo hoo [:''(]

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]

I did the same thing, ce, I went back to look at what other gems people had come up with on my new topic, and found the whole kit and kaboodle gone.

I''m devastated, I thought we''d got ourselves a reprieve, hence my attempt to start a lighthearted thread to entertain and get back to the fun.

Boo hoo [:''(]

[/quote]Closed for a spring clean.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Mon lunchtime & still no explanation as to why the message board is stuffed and no suggestion as to what is gonna be done about it?

The debate planned for Tuesday might as well be inserted where the sun don''t shine cos no one will be able to get on the site.[/quote]Calls and emails sent out. As soon as someone gets back to me with an answer I''ll let you all know.

Am I right to infer that means it''ll be back, all spangly and new? If so, I could kiss you, sir.

Leave my Norfolk Bands thread, Pete, I reckon it''ll be the next big thing on there... [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard In A Sulk"]

Am I right to infer that means it''ll be back, all spangly and new? If so, I could kiss you, sir.

Leave my Norfolk Bands thread, Pete, I reckon it''ll be the next big thing on there... [;)]

[/quote]At some point, yes.

I think I had the last post....So I am the winner!.Shrimper seems to collect posts like cigarette cards so I might be jumping the gun.I went for Duke Ellingham Big Band.ce

It seems to be better today.

It has been terrible.

I have two things to add.

1. This is a very popular site, quite the most popular football site I have visited ever, with views running into thousands. I sometimes visit (rarely post on) the Tractor Boys out of interst in our neighbours and despite being an excellent site, being nicely organised with an edit facility etc. it has a fraction of the traffic enjoyed by the Pinkun.

2. I very rarey get a problem with any other internet sites I visit, for whatever reason. The Pink is a good site, but by far the most quirky.

Ok. It''s free and we also have to thank Pete for his efforts. Therefore constructive comment, not criticism is only valid.

I would be sad to see Nothing Much go down the pan in the spring clean. I was catching up with "Last one to reply wins," only another 800 pages to go!  I don''t think it offended, apart from the fact thatthere was no politics, cussing or spitting. ce

[quote user="ChristopherE"]I would be sad to see Nothing Much go down the pan in the spring clean. I was catching up with
"Last one to reply wins," only another 800 pages to go!  I don''t think it offended, apart from the fact that
there was no politics, cussing or spitting.
ce
[/quote]

Agreed, miss it already [:(]