Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

OT - site problems?

Please excuse my off topic post, but is anyone else experiencing site problems? It can take up to 4 or 5 refreshes before each page loads? [:(]

Yes, I am. It varies as sometimes it works fine and then next time it becomes a pain. I had thought it was my PC, as you do, so am glad in a way that it is not just me.

Sometimes, as you say, pages do not load until after a few tries.

Off-putting. 

It''s taken me 5 attempts to get here. Plus the script now defaults to italic. I''m on BT.Been getting worse for a week or more now.

I''m with Virgin Media, and the message-board has been very slow to load, if at all, for the past couple of days. The main Pink''un news site is generally OK, with only the occasional glitch.

I''ve not had any problems with other websites, and I''m using the Chrome browser. :(

I have been having the same problerm with the message board at time, happened again this morning. i think its the website having issues rather than your net supplier. maybe it''s extra busy at the moment or archant are working to imporve it and have to take it down at times. Can Pete shed any light?

I am with Sky and last night around 10pm i could not get on this messageboard at all and gave up after an hour of trying.All i could get was the home page.

If you use CTRL & F5, it forces a server-side refresh rather than just F5 which is a client side refresh.  This can often sort it./nerd

Will try that then Mister Chops - thanks.

Using Safari on Sky. Same issue as others but I just close the tab and wait 10 minutes then open again and fine for a while.

Same here Wiz. It''s been poor all week so I presume it''s being updated..Nowt to do with ISP.

I''ve been having increasing problems viewing the mobile site on my phone. It started where just the odd thread could not be viewed (although they were often available again later in the day). Today I find I can''t view any threads on my phone via the mobile site (m.pinkun.com), although I can view the thread list just fine. This is the same on the default Android browser, as well as Dolphin Mini and Opera Mini.

It''s been dodgy after 10 pm most evening this week, it''s not over good this morning either.I''m using Firefox through Virgin Media and I''ve not experienced problems on other sites.

Please refresh this page, or use the back button, and try again in a few moments.

If the problem persists please email us at domains@archant.co.uk and let us know the page you were trying to access.

If I''ve seen this once this week I must have seen it a hundred times!

Perhaps we ought to arrange a whip round for Archant as they obviously can''t afford to give us a reasonable forum!

Where do I send my 50p?

I''m also having site problems. It can take up to an hour to access the messageboard, and all the blog related area''s of the site won''t load at all.I''m also using Firefox through Virgin Media, and this is the only site where i''m encountering this problem.

Yeah this is driving me mad, it''s defo only the Pink Un messageboard I''m having problems with, everything else I have tried on the web has been grand, anyone heard anything from SDP on this?Using Firefox on Meteor for the record.

So, It''s working at last..... I''ve been having problems for weeks, but I''ve been able to overcome the ''page not found'' and ''list'' formatting problems by ''refreshing'', however today has definitely been the worst and I''ve only just been able to get on. This is the worst site stability-wise that I have ever used but I''ve just learnt to grin and bear it. [:D]

This site has been painfully slow ever since the software was "upgraded". I have always used IE but I have installed Firefox just so I can browse this site a little bit quicker although I still use IE when I post. However, the last couple of weeks, it''s got slower and slower and as others have said, sometimes you can''t get on it for an hour or more. It''s painful Pete! [:''(] 

The only diagnosis is that this website and it''s associated forums are crud. There''s never a week goes by without it throwing up some batch of errors.

Still having problems with Blogs and Archants ''Community Server'' though.

Looking at the posts, it appears no-one could get on last night and it wasn''t just me. Sort it out Archant, the site has got serious issues!!

Tried to get on earlier, wouldn''t work. Now all of the sudden I''ve managed to get on here, looks like their is some serious problems at archant towers.