Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Derby bleep test

OT but Lee Croft came in second, must have been working hard on the out of season, must have been running like a headless chicken.

Do we do the Bleep test at Norwich? who do you think would win in our squad? think most people on here have tried either at school or after, its pretty hardcore! anyone here any good at it? used to love tripping the fittest person at school up and seeing them try to catch back up haha just cos i''m a horrible bastard

Like to see how he does it with a ball at his feet!!!!!!

Yes, I used to do it years ago in pre-season training, got to a decent level (14.1). I am a plodder not a sprinter though.

Is there anything different about it these days (changed the levels?)

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Like to see how he does it with a ball at his feet!!!!!!

Yes, I used to do it years ago in pre-season training, got to a decent level (14.1). I am a plodder not a sprinter though.

Is there anything different about it these days (changed the levels?)[/quote]Don''t think it''s changed at all mate, a ''nice'' basic fitness test which I''m sure all the players look forward to after a month off.I know Man U do it among other clubs, I read Rooney completed the horrible thing!

[quote user="WymCanary"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Like to see how he does it with a ball at his feet!!!!!!

Is there anything different about it these days (changed the levels?)[/quote]Don''t think it''s changed at all mate, a ''nice'' basic fitness test which I''m sure all the players look forward to after a month off.I know Man U do it among other clubs, I read Rooney completed the horrible thing![/quote]I think with Rooney, the bleep test is something else.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Excuse my lack of knowledge but how is the bleep test performed?[/quote]The test is basically continuous running between two points that are 20 m

apart from side to side. The runs (walking at early levels) are synchronized with a pre-recorded  CD, which plays 

beeps at set intervals. As the test goes on the beeps get quicker, and you carry on until it is impossible for you to keep in sync with

the recording or if in the very unlikely occurrence you complete the test.We have to do it at school 2 or 3 times a year and it is horrible. I''m about average in my class and usually get about late 9''s/10. Last year my mate was best in the class and once got 13.4 which is pretty impressive for a 13/14year old! Worst in the class got 3.1 which is awfully bad! I know the cricketers have to do it each time before they go on tour, not sure how much footballers do it though.

Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"]OT but Lee Croft came in second, must have been working hard on the out of season, must have been running like a headless chicken. Do we do the Bleep test at Norwich? who do you think would win in our squad? think most people on here have tried either at school or after, its pretty hardcore! anyone here any good at it? used to love tripping the fittest person at school up and seeing them try to catch back up haha just cos i''m a horrible bastard.

Thats about the most hes ever done for Derby!

He rarely produces the goods in games when it really counts for something!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]OT but Lee Croft came in second, must have been working hard on the out of season, must have been running like a headless chicken. [/quote]He also did quite well on the "hit row Z with your cross" and "hit the first defender with your cross" tests.

Chops. The second of those was the defenders fault for standing in row Z.