Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Bradley Johnson....simple question YES or NO !!!

I hope that we get him CA.  I think he is about the best out there available on a FREE Transfer to us and I also think that he is the type of player we need to be adding to our midfield options to add a bit more balance in there.  Far too many attacking options in the midfield at the moment and not enough players with a more defensive side to their game.I also think it funny how most people would rather we spend £1.8 million on a player who has never even won promotion from the 3rd tier yet and who broke his leg and damaged his ankle badly in March of this year than us sign Johnson.

[quote user="Smudger"]I hope that we get him CA.  I[/quote]

Thats two of us happy then [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Smudger is far from happy CA haven''t you been reading his views on John Ruddy? [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Smudger is far from happy CA haven''t you been reading his views on John Ruddy? [:P]

[/quote]I have faith that our management team will not be silly enough (as most of our supporters are so it seems) to go in to the new season without recruiting a goalkeeper though Tilly.I think your call of David James is a good shout should we not be able to get Forster and Carlo Cudicini could also be.  We need somebody even if they are just to cover for a year on high wages while we let Rudd out on loan to see how he fares.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have faith that our management team will not be silly enough (as most of our supporters are so it seems) to go in to the new season without recruiting a goalkeeper though Tilly.

I think your call of David James is a good shout should we not be able to get Forster and Carlo Cudicini could also be.  We need somebody even if they are just to cover for a year on high wages while we let Rudd out on loan to see how he fares.
[/quote]

David James? No way would i want him here.

as i''ve insinuated many times on here, he was always going to sign after our medical report, its just we dont talk about others teams players - and that happened on June 30th. sorted.

[quote user="G"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have faith that our management team will not be silly enough (as most of our supporters are so it seems) to go in to the new season without recruiting a goalkeeper though Tilly.

I think your call of David James is a good shout should we not be able to get Forster and Carlo Cudicini could also be.  We need somebody even if they are just to cover for a year on high wages while we let Rudd out on loan to see how he fares.
[/quote]

David James? No way would i want him here.

[/quote]

Same here, don''t think the players would either as they didn''t take kindly to James blanking Rudd after he asked for his shirt after our home win over Bristol.

David James would be an absolutely outstanding signing, providing you ignore the facts that he:

Is almost 41.

Made a string of errors last season - far more than Ruddy did.

Has proven himself to have a ''mightier than thou'' attitude in recent seasons.

Will be on ridiculous wages.

Is no better currently (and certainly won''t be in the future) than John Ruddy.

Has already been disrespectful to one of our ''youth'' keepers he would supposedly mentor.

I think I''ll pass personally...