Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Bradley Johnson....simple question YES or NO !!!

He was rumoured to be getting offers from the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland, aswell as ourselves? I''m sure IF (and I do mean IF) that were true then he''d more likely join an established PL side for more money than we could offer. Not fussed either way though to be honest, if he signs I certainly wouldn''t put it past Lambert improving him as a player though.

Yes, he''s a free and not on to much money, highly rated by many premiership managers. I think its a good move for the club if we can get hold of him.

[quote user="L4cole"]Yes, he''s a free and not on to much money, highly rated by many premiership managers. I think its a good move for the club if we can get hold of him.[/quote]

No

Depends what you''re asking...

If you''re asking whether he''s coming or not, then I think its been widely reported that it won''t be announced until his contract with Leeds runs out at the end of June/start of July (similar to the Elliot Ward signing last season with Cov)

If you''re asking whether I want him here, I would say yes, on a free and will do well for us next year....

This whole thing mistifies me somewhat.

As far as I''m aware it''s general knowledge that we have talked to him, if a deal has indeed been done I don''t know what the problem with saying he will sign for us once his contract has expired.

I''m sure this is common practice.

[quote user="Give Peas to a Wizard "]Depends what you''re asking... If you''re asking whether he''s coming or not, then I think its been widely reported that it won''t be announced until his contract with Leeds runs out at the end of June/start of July (similar to the Elliot Ward signing last season with Cov) If you''re asking whether I want him here, I would say yes, on a free and will do well for us next year....[/quote]

I''m asking if we''ve signed him or not ?!?!?!.

From apparantly having a medical a week and half ago, I find it unbelievable that the journos haven''t got an answer to this??????

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Give Peas to a Wizard "]Depends what you''re asking... If you''re asking whether he''s coming or not, then I think its been widely reported that it won''t be announced until his contract with Leeds runs out at the end of June/start of July (similar to the Elliot Ward signing last season with Cov) If you''re asking whether I want him here, I would say yes, on a free and will do well for us next year....[/quote]

I''m asking if we''ve signed him or not ?!?!?!.

From apparantly having a medical a week and half ago, I find it unbelievable that the journos haven''t got an answer to this??????

[/quote]My guess is that he agreed terms and passed a medical, then his agent became aware of interest from other Prem clubs and said "hang on a minute, don''t sign anything yet". Doubt Lambert will beg him to sign – if he''s a big-time Charlie with his mind on the money then I''m sure Lambert will tell him to sling his hook.

GJL Mid, hello! hello, anyone home?

Its been said on heere many times, no one can say whether he has signed as he is still in contract with Leeds intil end of June. Give peas even told you that and you are still asking.

there maybe a thread or five saying this on here too.

coffee anyone?

But you can announce he''s going to sign surely?

For instance we know Elmander is off to Galatasary even though his Bolton contract presumably runs until 30th June too.

I think this deal is dead in the water now, it''s just taken far too long. See Alan Gow from four years ago...

If he''s stalling for someone else to come in, Lambert will drop him in a heartbeat. As well he should.

And remember the club has never uttered the words Bradley Johnson so they don''t have to say anything if the deal goes sour behind the scenes.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]GJL Mid, hello! hello, anyone home? Its been said on heere many times, no one can say whether he has signed as he is still in contract with Leeds intil end of June. Give peas even told you that and you are still asking. there maybe a thread or five saying this on here too. coffee anyone?[/quote]

Yes, thankyou , I have heard people''s opionion on these boards on what they "think" they know but rather than reading what people are guessing as to what the situation is (which I''m really not interested in!),my original point is that surely during the last week and a half since this ''medical'', there must have been an opportunity for some section of the media to have got the actual situation straight from the horses i.e Lambert''s mouth??.

ps.  please dont give me any more c*ap about "he can''t be unvieled ''til July 1st"....because your''e just guessing.

I''m with GJL and Coelho. If he was joining that doesn''t equal a blanket media silence. Vaughan and Morison can''t officially be signed until July 1st because of transfer rules, but we''ve had the pressers for them. Likewise Elliott Ward last year. He''s failed the med or is fishing for more options.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]It surely can''t be that difficult for the varied press around Carrow Road and Colney to glean the answer to this question?!?!?[/quote]Are you so desperate for news that you can''t wait? Try going out for walks or reading a good book or going out with some friends to pass the time. Better yet, buy a Delia cook book and learn to cook something tasty and new!

GJL...I do see your point...but I suppose we''ll see on 1st July. (I was never one to peek at my Xmas presents before the 25th...it would have ruined the big day)

Agreed it is a guess, but an educated one because NCFC have a habit of not commenting on another teams player unless they agree to it and the comment is a joint one.

The season doesn''t start for over 7 weeks and training for 3, so I don''t know what all the fuss is about on why you need to know...where you planning on getting his name on your back? "LIL'' JOHNSON" maybe?

take a chill pill.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]GJL...I do see your point...but I suppose we''ll see on 1st July. (I was never one to peek at my Xmas presents before the 25th...it would have ruined the big day)

Agreed it is a guess, but an educated one because NCFC have a habit of not commenting on another teams player unless they agree to it and the comment is a joint one.

The season doesn''t start for over 7 weeks and training for 3, so I don''t know what all the fuss is about on why you need to know...where you planning on getting his name on your back? "LIL'' JOHNSON" maybe?

take a chill pill.[/quote]

not overly "fussed" as to whether Johnson signs specificially, its more an indictment I suppose on the press reporters. During the summer months with no games, transfers "IS" the football news ?!,thats pretty much all that they have to report on and write about, I just find it a little odd that a player ,who has seemingly had a medical 12 days ago hasn''t had the story persued ??

[quote user="yellow blood"]He can''t sign for anyone as he is still contracted to Leeds until 30th June...isn''t that Royal Norfolk Show day? [;)][/quote]

So thats why Sunderland have announced Lorreson and westwood to join them on July the 1st then.

I am surprised a few people begrudge him looking at offers from other clubs (if that is the case), he is currently a free agent and has every right too see what offers are on the table, he would be stupid not too. He is not a city fan like us. He also lives up north, so would be a bigger move than if he went to a club such as Newcastle or Sunderland, who ithink have both been linked with him.If he comes we have either paid him the most wages (which i doubt) or he has bought into Lambert''s philsophy and he will be a great signing if that is the case

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="yellow blood"]He can''t sign for anyone as he is still contracted to Leeds until 30th June...isn''t that Royal Norfolk Show day? [;)][/quote]

So thats why Sunderland have announced Lorreson and westwood to join them on July the 1st then.

[/quote]

Yep, they haven''t got a stand at the Royal Norfolk Show. Presume it was Larsson that''s signed?

Bradley Johnosn - "Sorry I haven''t tweeted in a few days just haven''t found the spare time been busy with other things"

Probably over analysing but I think he has been in talks with other clubs. If he had a agreed a deal with Norwich and had passed a medical, there is no reason why it couldn''t have been announced, all our other signings have had the line ''subject to relevent paperwork being completed'' in the announcement, and it hasn''t stopped other players still under contract with their current club publicly agreeing deals with another club, despite having a few weeks left on their contract. Not a great loss.

Bradley Johnosn - "Sorry I haven''t tweeted in a few days just haven''t found the spare time been busy with other things"

Probably over analysing but I think he has been in talks with other clubs. If he had a agreed a deal with Norwich and had passed a medical, there is no reason why it couldn''t have been announced, all our other signings have had the line ''subject to relevent paperwork being completed'' in the announcement, and it hasn''t stopped other players still under contract with their current club publicly agreeing deals with another club, despite having a few weeks left on their contract. Not a great loss.

Or house-hunting in Norfolk?

I am surprised no one else has picked up on Michael Bailey''s article today about the hundreds of free agents.

He says:

"Leeds United midfielder Bradley Johnson fits the bill – next month he should move from ‘out of contract’ to Paul Lambert signing number five."

Looks sorted then!

Just thought I''d point out that for all those are saying the signing has not been announced yet due to him still being contracted to Leeds, Kilkenny, like Johnson rejected a new contract from Leeds and has announced he is signing for Bristol City, so it didn''t stop him.

I also think he''s stalling for other offers. Which means that Lambert will drop him like a hot potato. Quite right too. Either you want to come or you don''t. Move on.

I don''t think he will be signing, plenty of other players out of contract, including a player from Leeds have agreed to deals which have been announced by their clubs ''subject to paperwork'' etc. so I don''t understand why Johnson would be any different, unless we have implemented a new policy with regards to out of contract players coming to the club.