Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Bradley Johnson has officially signed

JOHNSON POISED TO JOIN CITY

Posted on: Fri 01 Jul 2011

CITY are delighted to confirm midfielder Bradley Johnson is poised to become Paul Lambert''s fifth summer signing, joining in a three-year deal, subject to the relevant paperwork being completed.

Following the expiry of his contract at Leeds United, Johnson arrives at Carrow Road to end a spell at Elland Road that saw him make 107 appearances in all competitions, scoring 17 goals.

A tenacious midfielder, the 24-year old helped guide Leeds to second place and promotion from League One in the 2009-10 season, which saw the Canaries take the league title, also playing a major part in United''s seventh place finish in the Championship last season.

Johnson started his career as a trainee at Cambridge United before moving to Northampton Town in the summer of 2005 following the U''s relegation to the Conference.

He would spend three-years with the Cobblers making 51 appearances, scoring 10 goals. A spell which also saw loan spells with Ebbsfleet United and Stevenage Borough before moving to Elland Road in 2008.

On his move to Carrow Road, Johnson exclusively told Canaries.co.uk: "I''m over the moon really to get the chance to play in the Premier League with a big Club like Norwich City and under a great manager who I have a lot of respect for. He''s done a fantastic job since he arrived at Norwich and that was one of the main factors in me signing with the Club.

Left sided, can play at left back, bit like the King of Spain.

Unlike the King of Spain though, he weighs in with a good goals ratio.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Competent cover for Andrew Crofts.[/quote]

Only cover? not sure he''ll see it that way, still, welcome Bradders.[Y]

(shrug) pffffft.

Seriously though, I hope he proves to be a good signing - I''d be happy with no goals from him but plenty of tenacity in midfield.

[quote user="Muddy funster"](shrug) pffffft.

Seriously though, I hope he proves to be a good signing - I''d be happy with no goals from him but plenty of tenacity in midfield.[/quote]Exactly, proper team player, plenty of gile too. Fox was finally appreciated at the end of the last season.

Alleluia, we have some news! Good signing IMO, no fee and he gives us some much needed muscle in the middle of the park and cover at left back. This also puts us level with Sunderland in the pointless ''how many players have been signed league''. Now we need to hear Hucks views on an ex Leeds player and how he can take the premier league by storm. Amen

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]With Johnson''s arrival that makes 28 "grown ups" in our current squad, something has got to give.[/quote]

Bet you cant name them [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]With Johnson''s arrival that makes 28 "grown ups" in our current squad, something has got to give.[/quote]

[/quote]

How much?

Purely guesswork of course, but this is how I see our squad shaping up for the 25-man ruling. The players capitalised won''t need to be registered, as they are under the age requirement (I believe?):

GK - Ruddy, RUDD, STEER

Defence - Tierney, Drury, R.Martin, De Laet, Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, FRANCOMB

Midfield - Fox, Crofts, Johnson, Bennett, Surman, Lappin, Hoolahan, McNamee, Hughes, K.SMITH, ADEYEMI

Attack - Holt, Vaughan, Morison, Jackson, Martin

Included in that are a couple of ''maybe'' players (namely Hughes and McNamee, although I think both will be included in the original squad). After being on the fringes/out on loan last season, the likes of Daley/Oli Johnson/McDonald will probably not be in contention.

By my calculations that leaves us with 22 players selected (i.e. 3 spaces), which gives us a chance to bring in a centre-back, extra winger (Pilkington?) and goalkeeper (Forster?).

That would take us to 25, and even then a couple of players (like Hughes/McNamee) may drop out of contention.

Because of their ages, I wouldn''t be surprised if one or both of Pacheco and Lansbury made a return late in the window.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What is the point to this "challenge"? Of course I can name them, I did not pluck the figure out of thin air....

Welcome aboard Bradders, just read on Setanta Sports that we have signed an Austrailian international in Johnson...........really?

I must be bored - just took a look at Leeds WACCOE site to see what they''re saying about Norwich signing Bradley Johnson. Here''s some examples:

The lad played against Tottenham twice, Liverpool, Arsenal and Scum, failing to look bad once. I never particularly rated him while he was with us, but something tells me Lambert will transform him, and we''re all going to look very uneducated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could jump, he could shoot powerfully but not accurately and he could turn in one direction only. His tactical awareness was that of a mushroom. That is all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of his biggest critics a couple of years ago, I thought he was decent last season.

You cant blame him - by joining a club managed properly from top to bottom, he''s probably trebled his wages, gets to play in the premiership for an outstanding manager...

all a bit obvious really

(Regarding Paul Lambert & Norwich):

He turned a friendly little club into a a nasty little place.

The players are encouraged to cheat to win games at all costs.

As for utterley sh*tting on Grayson in both those seasons well..

2009/10 Home we won 2-1
Away we lost 1-0 to a late goal

2010/11 Home 2-2 draw
Away 1-1 draw and their goal was as a result of our keeper being shoved into the goal.

Hardly sh*t on

I''m talking about over the course of 46 games..in L1 we ended finishing 9 points behind them, and last year, 12 points. Back to back promotions in such a convincing manner. Yes they''re c**ts, yes they''re annoying, but facts are facts.

If Bradley Johnson is a success in the Premiership, then i will buy ''''how to learn Spanish by rosetta stone" move to Barcelona and never ever watch English football again.

Bit of a mixed bag really. One thing none of the WACCOE posters seem to recognise is the ''Paul Lambert'' effect on half-decent players. Personally, I think Bradley Johnson will prove to be another fine example of this phenomenon.

Decent signing on a free - even if he has an average season we can sell in 12mths at a profit. Will add a bit more bite to the midfield which we will need in our away games (where Fox may be a bit too nice!).5 down, 2 more (at least?) to come. Plus a few departures you feel.