Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Reserve Team Matches

I am also delighted by this,

This can only mean PL will be definetely bringing some more new faces in.

Also gives those who are not in the squad a good chance to show their worth and fight for a place

A 22 game reserve season is quite a leap from the odd behind-closed-doors friendly and Senior cup match!

With the reqiuirements now to name a 25 man squad, when you take away the match day squad including subs bench, that only leaves 7 spare players + u21 players. I can see this being quite a challenge and in some cases maybe even an unwanted burden ?

Not sure whether those are the finalised teams. Man City have withdrawn to play in a European Reserve League with Barca etc and some others have been mooted to follow suit. Still a much better lineup than we are used to though and should help to fast-track Cody''s development.

[quote user="paul moy"]Not sure whether those are the finalised teams. Man City have withdrawn to play in a European Reserve League with Barca etc and some others have been mooted to follow suit. Still a much better lineup than we are used to though and should help to fast-track Cody''s development.[/quote]

I''m more than pleased we''re back in the reserve league. It certainly never made sense that we left it, I''d have thought the benefits to the squad always far outweighed the cost of participating. Ill definitely buy the occasional ticket if the games are open to the public .

I agree that not being in any reserve league made no sense, hopefully this hasn''t affected the younger players development. I know when we were in the championship we would have faced the likes of Stevenage or Aldershot reserves in the combination but even that''s better than just playing tiddlywinks, no disrespect to the army of tiddlywinkers out there!