Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

Carrow Road expansion

If it''s a first draft then so be it. If not, doesn''t matter, I rather like it. Good fun.

The city stand was designed to have a second level, would be a case of taking the roof off and bolting on the new one. easy

Norwich City chairman Alan Bowkett said that when the time comes to increase extra capacity at Carrow Road, the City stand would be an obvious place to do so. He then went to state that while the existing stand has been built to take another tier, it maybe easier to knock it down and build a bigger and more modern version!

Other potential areas for capacity increase at Carrow Road are - A

An extansion of the Jarold stand going round in front of the Hotel.

It maybe possible to out another tier on the Jarold stand.

I''m sure a bigger and better River end stand could be built?

A bigger and better Barclay end stand.

[quote user="Give Peas to a Wizard "]Any City Stand expansion would surely involve a tunnel over Carrow Road...so maybe these blueprints aren''t as impossible as others may think.[/quote]

An expansion to the City Stand would mean the end to Carrow Road (the road not the ground lol).  It does nothing nowadays anyway its just a pedestrian walkway on matchdays.  There are roadways in existence now which means it could basically disappear with no inconvenience to any parties.

Have they put 2 more rows in the front of the Barclay these past couple of weeks ?

Certainly would be a piece of engineering. That would be the largest stand in England. And since when was the hotel round? Come on mike, hail down a cab and head for real street.

[quote user="Browno"]I use Google Sketchup on a daily basis, with basic skills you can make this up easily in half an hour. You can even download it for free at google.com/sketchup.[/quote]

How do you add colour? I can''t get that to work.

If it''s any help Mike I reckon we could further increase the capacity of the ground by a good few dozen just by buying in or making a few of these suspended seats. I see no reason they couldn''t be hung over the edge of the hotel roof on matchdays and for music events and the like. Should be a cost effective way of getting a few more season tickets sold, money for old rope if you ask me.[img]http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/13917/wm/pd3098040.jpg[/img]

LOL. The new stand would be three times the hight of the Barclay! And why is there a tunnel on the half way line? Will the players be entering the ground from Carrow Road?

1 of old traffords stands has a road tunnel going through it, this would mean privacy for visiting teams on arrival

Is there any serious news about any summer expansion, nothing has come from the club themselves