Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

Craig Mackail-Smith turns down prem team!

With all due respect to Brighton they are not as big a club as Norwich nor Premier league. It seems strange to me that CMS stated he wanted to play for a Premier league club but according to Barry Fry "turned down" Norwich. Then a few weeks later considers moving to a non Premier league club. Doesn''t ring true somehow.

Underwrite Brighton next year at your peril.

Like us, they stormed League One.

Like us, they have a cracking young manager who gets the best out of the players.

Like us, they play good attractive football with soon-to be decent crowds (17,000 st holders).

Many people tipping them for a top-6 place, if we did it not sure why they can''t.

People will say the league is stronger with the 3 relegated teams but on paper last year there were as many teams ''ahead'' of us as there are of Brighton this.

A great manager with an average squad is worth more than a great team with an average manager.

This would perhaps please Paul Moy, but I would have rather us given Cody a run upfront in the Prem than signed Mackail-Smith at £3 million plus anyhow.  I wonder if he manages to bag a few in the Championship, how many will tell us how much better he is than Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Jackson and Martin?We will have some deluded fans expecting some of our strikers to bag 15+ or 20+ goals this coming season no doubt, despite the level that we are now playing at and the competition for places that we now have upfront.

Turned down a PL team? Why would he do that? He clearly stated his desire to play in the PL!

I feel for the poor chap. He had probably his one ever chance to play top flight knocking on the door and Fry denied him. Now Fry is looking at what is most likely a greatly reduced offer from what we made. Will be interesting to see how much Brighton have paid.