Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

Craig Mackail-Smith turns down prem team!

[quote user="Smudger"]seeing as you believe that Craig Mackail-Smith is better than all of our strikers (with the possible exception of Holty)

[/quote]Post a link to where I said that!

[quote user="Smudger"]do you think that we should have bid £5 million and broke the bank for him

[/quote]No, why?

[quote user="Smudger"]or do you believe that having missed out on this wonderful talent that we are now going to be relegated and Leicester City are going to win promotion???

[/quote]Still putting words in my mouth smudger! What I DID say was that CMS isn''t crap like YOU are suggesting otherwise Lambert wouldn''t have bid £2m for him in March. But then, you used to tell anyone who''d listen, Hoolahan was crap.

[quote user="Smudger"]???

[/quote]You only need one question mark smudger. Three or more shows you were poorly educated.

Ok ok .....another post on makail-smith but I bet many of us will be watching his progress or not with just a little bit more interest this year than normal. So my question is this....what would represent good value for 3m in the championship? That is a hell of a lot of dosh. I think he will score 12. Now is that value? Guess it depends if Leicester (assume he''s off there) make top 6. But for me I would want 20 + goals for 3m.

Then I wondered what would represent good value from Vaughan and Morrison and Holt. I''d be happy with 8 apiece. That would keep us up I reckon and the 3.5 to 4m combined outlay would be great value. Any thoughts? How many goals for CMS? For Morrison, Holt and Vaughan?

CMS is 27 so they''re buying for his ability not his potential. At over 3m he is probably going to be the most expensive striker in the Championship so anything less than 20 goals would be a disappointment for me.

As a comparison he has cost more than the top 5 scorers in the Championship last season put together.

I just need Tangy to come on with his crayons and give this a MEGA LOL now for me Lapps! [;)]

Signing for us tomorrow. A lot of money for him but we''ve apparently got serious money to spend. Matt Mills and St Ledger next please.

[quote user="Dangles"]St Ledger next please.[/quote]

Hasn''t he signed for someone else ?

[quote user="Dangles"]Signing for us tomorrow. A lot of money for him but we''ve apparently got serious money to spend. Matt Mills and St Ledger next please.[/quote]Matt Mills would be a good signing for you, but I think he will be hoping for a move to a Premiership team as he has had a fair bit of interest in him I believe.  As for Mackail-Smith and St Ledger, I feel sorry for you if Sven wastes money on both of them.

Wouldn''t be surprised if Darragh''s statement saying he expects CMS to join us tomorrow is just an attempt to get West Ham to stump up even more.

St Ledger has a choice out of us, Ipswich or sitting on his contract at PNE, which is a strong possibility I believe.

Strong rumours we''re gonna offer 4m +25k pw for Mills, but I still expect him to end up at Wolves.

Also, apparently Ched Evans is on his way. Obviously a bit underwhelming and a bit of a come down from Yakubu! What''s your opinions on him? Just had a bad time of it at Sheff Utd or isn''t he up to standard?

[quote user="Dangles"]Wouldn''t be surprised if Darragh''s statement saying he expects CMS to join us tomorrow is just an attempt to get West Ham to stump up even more.

St Ledger has a choice out of us, Ipswich or sitting on his contract at PNE, which is a strong possibility I believe.

Strong rumours we''re gonna offer 4m +25k pw for Mills, but I still expect him to end up at Wolves.

Also, apparently Ched Evans is on his way. Obviously a bit underwhelming and a bit of a come down from Yakubu! What''s your opinions on him? Just had a bad time of it at Sheff Utd or isn''t he up to standard?[/quote]Ched Evans is a good young striker and the type of player that you should be looking at.  He would be a good signing for you and Mills would be a fantastic signing for you.  Ched can score some screamers and he also has a good first touch and puts himself about a lot and battles hard - always gives 100% for the team.  The one thing he possibly lacks is a really being a really clinical finisher and that extra half yard of pace (although he isn''t by any means slow).Schmeichel was a good signing for you too and an improvement on Weale I would say.I am surprised that you offloaded Jack Hobbs even though he hasn''t been in favour for you recently.  A reasonable centre half at Championship level with plenty of potential to improve still further at 22 I would''ve thought?  How much did you get for him?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Dangles"]Wouldn''t be surprised if Darragh''s statement saying he expects CMS to join us tomorrow is just an attempt to get West Ham to stump up even more. St Ledger has a choice out of us, Ipswich or sitting on his contract at PNE, which is a strong possibility I believe. Strong rumours we''re gonna offer 4m +25k pw for Mills, but I still expect him to end up at Wolves. Also, apparently Ched Evans is on his way. Obviously a bit underwhelming and a bit of a come down from Yakubu! What''s your opinions on him? Just had a bad time of it at Sheff Utd or isn''t he up to standard?[/quote]

Ched Evans is a good young striker and the type of player that you should be looking at.  He would be a good signing for you and Mills would be a fantastic signing for you.  Ched can score some screamers and he also has a good first touch and puts himself about a lot and battles hard - always gives 100% for the team.  The one thing he possibly lacks is a really being a really clinical finisher and that extra half yard of pace (although he isn''t by any means slow).

Schmeichel was a good signing for you too and an improvement on Weale I would say.

I am surprised that you offloaded Jack Hobbs even though he hasn''t been in favour for you recently.  A reasonable centre half at Championship level with plenty of potential to improve still further at 22 I would''ve thought?  How much did you get for him?
[/quote]

Forget CMS he is at Westspam confirmed on ssn this morning.

Yeah Hobbs is a good centre half, and will definitely be a decent Prem play in the future. But he can play one way only and that''s the Pearson way. When he was required to become a ball playing centre back, he simply couldn''t do it. Also, he needs a leader alongside him else he falls apart. He had an awful time of it last year for us.

I just don''t get CMS - I thought he was desparate to play in the Prem?

At his age he might not get another chance. If he was 5 years younger, then I would understand moving to a Club like Leicester, in the position they are, but not at 27/28. Another year from now and who knows where he could be, it could only take one bad injury, and Leicester will be looking elsewhere, and nobody else (of Prem standard) will take a chance on him possibly.

You keep staring at your bank balance Craig.

West Ham, Leicester and QPR had offers accepted but CMS has not yet accepted. Fry says he''s disappointed that CMS has not made a decision, now on Talksport. Serves him right !!!   

Fry is also now complaining on Talksport that players are asking for too much money to move from the 1st to Championship. He says that agents should realise that there is no money in the game any more....... shame that he didn''t practise what he preaches when dealing with us in January..... LOLLLLLL 

Brighton fans seem convinced he is signing for them today http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?205306-Talk-sport-05-25-this-morning-CMS-to-sign-for-Brighton-today-!

Yes, I heard the announcement on Talksport early this morning. So much for the queue of Prem sides.... LOL

Yep, I''ve just heard the Brighton link from my QPR pal who lives down that way...his Brighton pals are convinced CMS is going there. Not very ambitious is he?

I don''t think it''s a matter of him not being ambitious - I think he got shafted by Fry and his attempts at being the ultimate "wheeler-dealer". I think I read on this forum that he is going out with Fry''s daughter - which kinds of leaves him between a rock and a hard place.

I really think he wanted to move to a PL team - but with friends like blabbermouth on your side, who needs enemies!

It does demonstrate that being ''nice'' about things sometimes gets you nowhere.  If he''d got arsey when we bid for him. And pushed the issue more he''d being playing with us months ago.

He can''t have been that hungry for premier league football. He may as well just stay at Peterborough now they are in the championship!

Having seen him a few times, I would like him here and feel he would improve immensly given the chance.

Surely we can outbid Brighton and Hove Albion, we have more to offer an ambitious lower league player surely.

Fry seems to have messed this up for the player.

Couldn''t agree more. Fry has always been outspoken and always will be. His heart is with Peterborough and was trying his luck by asking ridiculous amounts of money for a non proven 3rd division player. I''m not saying CMS wouldn''t have been an assett to Norwich but we weren''t about to be held to ransom by Peterborough

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Having seen him a few times, I would like him here and feel he would improve immensly given the chance.

Surely we can outbid Brighton and Hove Albion, we have more to offer an ambitious lower league player surely.

Fry seems to have messed this up for the player.

[/quote]

Without Barry Fry CMS might still be playing for Dagenham.

Also it appears to have been CMS''s choice to go to Brighton, he had offers from West Ham and Leicester as well at least. Maybe Brighton offered more money and he went chasing that, or maybe he wanted first team football and Brighton offered him that - we''ll never know.

In the end it isn''t Barry Fry''s duty to help CMS move to the Premier League - would you have accused Lambert of messing things up for Holt if someone like Bolton had of tried to buy him during the transfer window in Jan and Norwich said no?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Brighton?!?!?!, he may aswell stay at Peterborough!!. That surely can''t be what he had in mind when he said he wanted a move ?[/quote]

Even Brighton with their move to their new ground is a MASSIVE STEP UP from Peterborough.Looks like I was right on Craig Mackail-Smith, he''s not good enough for the Premiership!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Why bother? We have enough good strikers, and if he does go to Brighton then perhaps Lambert''s "hunger" that he looks for in a player was not there in the first place.