Sign in to follow this  
homeagain

Canary Store

Looks like the store at CR is getting a massive facelift & being extended. Should turn out to be 50% bigger

It needs it.I wouldn''t go in there on matchdays because it was such a pain.

[quote user="Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times[/quote]That''s because they want us in and out quick[:)]

Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times.

Exactly what I was going to say!

If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]...and probably 50% more expensive!! Went to yellows tonight and noticed the club shop is being extended.[/quote]

I think it will be judging by the cost of the training kit.  I normally get a couple of items but think ill give it a miss this season! £32 for a training top - no thanks!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times.

Exactly what I was going to say!

If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits![/quote]That''s exactly what they don''t want.  Why make it nice and cool on warm match days?  You''ll get people hanging around in there not buying just cooling off.The clue is in the queue. Keep it hot and people will pass through quicker.  Genuine buyers will purchase. Window shoppers will pass through quicker than a bar of Ex-Lax.

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times. Exactly what I was going to say! If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits![/quote]

That''s exactly what they don''t want.  Why make it nice and cool on warm match days?  You''ll get people hanging around in there not buying just cooling off.
The clue is in the queue. Keep it hot and people will pass through quicker.  Genuine buyers will purchase. Window shoppers will pass through quicker than a bar of Ex-Lax.
[/quote]

So the queue has nothing to do with the lack of ability to diminish it faster, its just fans drooling around for some cooled air.... what proposterous nonsense, if they employ more staff to reduce the queue, they would get more in and out of it, ask anybody who deals with queues.

Queues do not mean that you are popular, just inefficient, go and employ a few polish or german immigrants and that shopp will be running like a steam train.

Be prepared to pay some more for having paid a lot already during the past dour seasons, now the board will try to squeeze the pips. The PR department is sooo on the ball.

When I went and picked up my shirt order, I was told they are cutting down on the counter area as it takes up too much room. Also they are changing everything to promote Errea - they aren''t allowed to sell last season''s out of date kit in the same shop!

[quote user="nevermind"]
[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times. Exactly what I was going to say! If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits![/quote]That''s exactly what they don''t want.  Why make it nice and cool on warm match days?  You''ll get people hanging around in there not buying just cooling off.The clue is in the queue. Keep it hot and people will pass through quicker.  Genuine buyers will purchase. Window shoppers will pass through quicker than a bar of Ex-Lax. [/quote]

So the queue has nothing to do with the lack of ability to diminish it faster, its just fans drooling around for some cooled air.... what proposterous nonsense, if they employ more staff to reduce the queue, they would get more in and out of it, ask anybody who deals with queues.

Queues do not mean that you are popular, just inefficient, go and employ a few polish or german immigrants and that shopp will be running like a steam train.

Be prepared to pay some more for having paid a lot already during the past dour seasons, now the board will try to squeeze the pips. The PR department is sooo on the ball.
[/quote]What the **** has that got to do with anything? You implying slave labour is the way forward cos you wouldn''t have to pay them as much? Or that only the Polish and Germans are efficient workers?

Does anybody else out there think the same as me? ie. The premier badges for the shirt sleeves that the club shop are selling are smaller than the ones that the players wear?

[quote user="nevermind"]
[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times. Exactly what I was going to say! If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits![/quote]That''s exactly what they don''t want.  Why make it nice and cool on warm match days?  You''ll get people hanging around in there not buying just cooling off.The clue is in the queue. Keep it hot and people will pass through quicker.  Genuine buyers will purchase. Window shoppers will pass through quicker than a bar of Ex-Lax. [/quote]

[/quote]They haven''t got cooled air yet.  I was saying if they did, the queuing to get into the bloody shop would take longer because the window shoppers would hang around more.Apart from that I haven''t a clue what you''re babbling on about? Polish & Germans????

[quote user="SPANGLES"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay Block E Trucker"]Let''s hope the clu won''t be tight asses anymore them, and actually install air con for the summer months!! Like a sauna in there at times. Exactly what I was going to say! If they made it more pleasant to go in there then people would be more inclined to stay in there, buy more and increase the clubs profits![/quote]

That''s exactly what they don''t want.  Why make it nice and cool on warm match days?  You''ll get people hanging around in there not buying just cooling off.
The clue is in the queue. Keep it hot and people will pass through quicker.  Genuine buyers will purchase. Window shoppers will pass through quicker than a bar of Ex-Lax.
[/quote]

What they really would prefer is shoppers like me,who know what they want,nip in,buy said item and quickly get out.But a large proportion of shoppers like to browse,just in case they stumble across something they hadn''t thought of.If there is air-con,more space and less chance of getting barged into more people will think of going in,leading to more sales,hopefully.

[/quote]

Funny that. I wonder why so many shops choose to air condition their premises then? I take your point that some might "loiter", but surely some of the loiterers will then spend some dosh.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

Funny that. I wonder why so many shops choose to air condition their premises then? I take your point that some might "loiter", but surely some of the loiterers will then spend some dosh.

[/quote]Where I''m coming from is the size of the shop in comparison to the numbers of fans. I know modern shops use air con, but most don''t have chuffing great queues of people trying to navigate through them.

Modern shops may have air con but they are busy 6 or 7 days a week whereas the Canary Store is only busy for a few hours on match days.