Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pilkington

[quote user="Smudger"]Just the way he came across when being interviewed about his injury.

He seemed disinterested in Huddersfield Town in March to me, even though he played the game as far as keeping their fans onside was concerned.  Just when I have seen the guy speak, he doesn''t fill me with the kind enthusiasm most of Lambert''s signings do as somebody willing to run through brick walls for their team and team mates.

I think that Huddersfield has a lot of these type of players and has done for a few years now.  Perhaps why they flatter to deceive year after year and can''t manage to win promotion from the 3rd tier?
[/quote]

It''s disgusting that Pilkington did not run through a brick wall for his team to help them ensure promotion last season. [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]
I think that Huddersfield has a lot of these type of players and has done for a few years now.
[/quote]

Jeeezzuuss now he is the font of all knowledge on all matters concerning Huddersfield Town.[:''(]

There are two possible solutions to this thread:-

1)  He is either a very devious, clever chappie who is taking great delight in winding everyone up

or

2)  He is very much an example of "the wheel is turning but the hampster is dead"

Which would I put my money on? Difficult question that! NOT!

How about we start slaming players after they have pulled on a city shirt and under performed, untill we actually know how they are going to do with Norwich its only guess work. If Lambert, the architect of our double promotion and signer of lower league Gems such as Crofts, Fox and Martin, see''s potential in a player how about we go with him on it untill we are proven otherwise!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]
I think that Huddersfield has a lot of these type of players and has done for a few years now.
[/quote]

Jeeezzuuss now he is the font of all knowledge on all matters concerning Huddersfield Town.[:''(]

[/quote]

That''s ''Jesus'' and ''fount'' Tilly.................

[A]

OTBC

A poster "in the know" on the Huddersfield site has posted that he has passed the medical and agreed terms. They all believe him so looks like he will sign today.

Hi, Huddersfield fan here, congrats on your back to back promotions!This Pilkington saga - do you think this could be a cash + a player deal? Maybe that''s why it''s taking so long to be announced on the sites?

[quote user="footballfan2011"]Hi, Huddersfield fan here, congrats on your back to back promotions!

This Pilkington saga - do you think this could be a cash + a player deal? Maybe that''s why it''s taking so long to be announced on the sites?
[/quote]

Do you think Cody''s good enough for you?

Presume as he''s running and fully fit but still not able to train with contact, he could still make the start of the season as its 6 weeks away?

Huddersfield Town Manager Lee Clark commented.....

“I’m obviously very sad to see Anthony go, as you become a good manager by having good players - and he is very good.“However, from day one of his arrival at this club I stated that he had the potential to play in the Premier League and we knew that this day might come.

Manager Paul Lambert said.....

"I''m sure Anthony will be a big player for us there is no doubt and I''m delighted to be able to welcome him to the Club.

"He was great for Huddersfield in his time there and he will add to the team for the season ahead. He is a player that can play on either wing which is great.

"He is a top lad and he has a real enthusiasm for the game."

[quote user="Smudger"]Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg!

[/quote]Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! [:D]

Agree with that Wiz - welcome Pilks and enjoy [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Huddersfield Town Manager Lee Clark commented.....

“I’m obviously very sad to see Anthony go, as you become a good manager by having good players - and he is very good.“However, from day one of his arrival at this club I stated that he had the potential to play in the Premier League and we knew that this day might come.

Manager Paul Lambert said.....

"I''m sure Anthony will be a big player for us there is no doubt and I''m delighted to be able to welcome him to the Club.

"He was great for Huddersfield in his time there and he will add to the team for the season ahead. He is a player that can play on either wing which is great.

"He is a top lad and he has a real enthusiasm for the game."

[quote user="Smudger"]Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg!

[/quote]Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! [:D]

[/quote]What''s so funny Lapps?He said the same thing about McNamee and you reckon he was one of Lambert''s worst signings.Hardly going to say he''s rubbish is he, even if he has been here for a couple of years and underperformed.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Oh I do hope I''m wrong.[/quote]Same here mate, hope he proves us both wrong, but I just can''t see it.Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.

Lambert wouldn''t have signed him if there was any doubt, Smudge.Have a bit of faith. We are living through a golden period lets enjoy it while it lasts.In Lambert we trust OTBC.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Oh I do hope I''m wrong.[/quote]Same here mate, hope he proves us both wrong, but I just can''t see it.Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.[/quote]You know my opinions on Wheeliebin but he was only a stop gap for an emergency and he didn''t cost us a tripe supper so nothing lost there.

Smudger - have you seen his goal compilation on here? I mean, really? They are a combination of right and left foot shots with accuracy and immense power. What keeper in the world would save those? He''s got to be worth some optimism on your part based purely on his shooting ability alone!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Oh I do hope I''m wrong.[/quote]Same here mate, hope he proves us both wrong, but I just can''t see it.Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.[/quote]You know my opinions on Wheeliebin but he was only a stop gap for an emergency and he didn''t cost us a tripe supper so nothing lost there.[/quote]Well I hope it is another bit of Lambert inspiration, but I still have big doubts.Pilkington will get my full support however and I hope that he proves me wrong and allows Lapps too add another player to his list that he can chuckle about me to.

[quote user="Smudger"]What''s so funny Lapps?

[/quote]The fact that Paul Lambert and Lee Clark (both top players and now good managers) rate him highly, and yet you insist they''re both wrong. You really are unbelievable. 

All that needs to be said on this signing is that the management team that has got us 2 successive promotions deems him to be good enough, And their''s is the only opinion that matters, Any keyboard warriors questioning their judgement should stick to playing Football Manager.

One thing in Pilkington''s favour on my behalf.  I am glad that this money went on him as opposed to Craig Mackail-Smith.I haven''t seen the compilation Muddy, although probably seen a large number of the goals on there.  Do you have a link?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]What''s so funny Lapps?

[/quote]The fact that Paul Lambert and Lee Clark (both top players and now good managers) rate him highly, and yet you insist they''re both wrong. You really are unbelievable. 

[/quote]Since when has Lee Clark been a good manager Lapps?  If I was chairman at Huddersfield I would be getting itchy feet over him by now.  What has he achieved in a couple of years at a team who should be winning promotion from the 3rd tier?  I would say that if he doesn''t win promotion this year then Clark''s days as manager of Huddersfield Town may be well and truly numbered.Hope for your sake that you spend the Pilkington windfall well Lee!

Been lucky enough to see this guy play quite a few times. IMO he is the best signing we have made so far by some distance (as long as we get the same Pilkington as before the leg break)

[quote user="Smudger"]
 hope he proves us both wrong, but I just can''t see it.

Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.
[/quote]

Smug you have forgotten to mention how you think his attitude stinks as well.Me thinks it is time to turn your attention to hounding Ruddy out of Carrow Road as after all you reckon he could not catch a cold let alone a football.

[quote user="ricardo"]Lambert wouldn''t have signed him if there was any doubt, Smudge.Have a bit of faith. We are living through a golden period lets enjoy it while it lasts.In Lambert we trust OTBC.[/quote]Agree with that Ricardo.It''s always a bit of a gamble when a player signs for another club - Chelsea must be wondering why they splashed out £50m on Torres - but Paul Lambert knows we''re not able to take those sort of risks and has bought cheaply but well in my opinion. Pilkington''s injury last season is a worry, but, in Premiership terms, we''re not gambling the whole house on him being a success. From what we''ve read he seems a very useful addition especially as he''s able to play on both wings.Yes, some of Lambert''s signings won''t be as good as others but I find it hard to criticize the man too much after what he''s done for NCFC over the last couple of years and I think we all ought to realise that being a real-life manager is a little different than trying to be one on a keyboard.Let''s just see how it all pans out first, shall we ?

Looking forward to seeing Pilkington for real, personally I think this could turn out to be a masterstroke by Lambert "if" he has fully recovered from his injury.

Look at Matt Jarvis at Wolves for example who has had a fantastic signing resulting in an England call-up and numerous admirers and if speculation is to be believed now in the region of a £10 million player, perhaps Pilkington or Bennett can also step up to the plate.

£2 million-ish is certainly worth a punt, I would have preffered more of a finished article in McGugan or Snodgrass but the supposed £8 million Bates wanted for a player with one years experience of the Championship was a joke.

Back to Pilkington anyway, supposedly Stoke & Wolves were also interested and 30 odd pages on Huddersfields website suggests to me he has something....

Welcome Anthony , now put some of these supposed Premiership defenders like Cashley Cole on their ass ;)