Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pilkington

[quote user="terrier10"]http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2386355,00.html

That''s the latest from our chairman. Someone has posted on our forum that he has signed for you for £2.3m rising to £2.8m

You are getting a quality player if this is true. He''s right footed naturally but equally as comfortable on his left. Great shot on him and a great crosser of the ball.

There is an element of risk with the injury, however, it was the same as Antonio Valencia''s and he saw the same surgeon...Valencia came back the same, so if Pilks does you''ve got a gem![/quote]

Thanks Terrier, I for one hope this deal goes through. Personally a tad disappointed by not getting Snodgrass but £8m if thats what they reportedly want is just crazy money.

The only concern like others have mentioned is the injury but if he passes a stringent medical I believe this could potentially be a good signing. When you see the hysteria on Huddersfield messageboards the guy obviously has ability.

Terrier, if I could ask you one question "do you believe he can make the step up to the Prem?"

Thanks for the update and info terrier10, seems we are up against other Premier League clubs in the battle for Pilks.

You''re welcome for the update.

I would say he''ll have a good chance. The fact he is so comfortable on either foot will always keep defenders on their toes and he then has an end product.

He gave Arsenal some problems in the FA Cup which would be a good indicator he''s capable (although it should be easy to raise your game at Emirates in a one-off game how often do people freeze!)

He was one of the stand out players in League One. In reference to missing out on Snodgrass, in the games that I have seen the only difference between the two is that Pilks doesn''t have to rely on one foot (and Snodgrass has 1 year experience in Championship...I maybe slightly biased though given our feelings towards the "noisy neighbours" from Leeds!)

The fact that there are now 25 pages of comments on him going on our board shows what a loss he will be. He''s a skilful player who has the potential to go on to be even better...best of luck to him wherever he ends up, can''t blame the lad for wanting to play at a higher level, just gutted not with us.

I can''t remember a previous close-season where so many League One players have been given the chance to step up to the Championship and in some cases the Premiership. Surely this activity bodes well for all the leagues in terms of bringing home players through the ranks?

You stand head and shoulders above your ''noisy neighbours'' Terrier10!

Thanks for visiting; it''s nice to read some cultured stuff from a supporter of another club on our board...

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="terrier10"]http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2386355,00.html

That''s the latest from our chairman. Someone has posted on our forum that he has signed for you for £2.3m rising to £2.8m

You are getting a quality player if this is true. He''s right footed naturally but equally as comfortable on his left. Great shot on him and a great crosser of the ball.

There is an element of risk with the injury, however, it was the same as Antonio Valencia''s and he saw the same surgeon...Valencia came back the same, so if Pilks does you''ve got a gem![/quote]

Thanks Terrier, I for one hope this deal goes through. Personally a tad disappointed by not getting Snodgrass but £8m if thats what they reportedly want is just crazy money.

The only concern like others have mentioned is the injury but if he passes a stringent medical I believe this could potentially be a good signing. When you see the hysteria on Huddersfield messageboards the guy obviously has ability.

Terrier, if I could ask you one question "do you believe he can make the step up to the Prem?"[/quote]Well if you think that £8 million is expensive for Snodgrass, we may as well as have thrown £3 million down the 5.hitter if this is true.Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg!

[quote user="DOGGER"]Good player, hope it comes off.Maybe we can give you Mac and cash?[/quote]

Would love Cody McDonald to be a part of any deal. We are crying out for another natural goalscorer to help out Jordan Rhodes.

[quote user="terrier10"][quote user="DOGGER"]Good player, hope it comes off.Maybe we can give you Mac and cash?[/quote]

Would love Cody McDonald to be a part of any deal. We are crying out for another natural goalscorer to help out Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]You had to go and spoil it by mentioning Cody! Here we go....

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="terrier10"][quote user="DOGGER"]Good player, hope it comes off.Maybe we can give you Mac and cash?[/quote]

Would love Cody McDonald to be a part of any deal. We are crying out for another natural goalscorer to help out Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]You had to go and spoil it by mentioning Cody! Here we go....[/quote]haha natural goalscorer and Cody McDonald don''t quite fit correctly together in the same sentance for me.I wonder if you are going to have Cody as part of the deal, if you could take our Paul Moy with you???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="terrier10"][quote user="DOGGER"]Good player, hope it comes off.
Maybe we can give you Mac and cash?
[/quote] Would love Cody McDonald to be a part of any deal. We are crying out for another natural goalscorer to help out Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]

You had to go and spoil it by mentioning Cody! Here we go....
[/quote]

haha natural goalscorer and Cody McDonald don''t quite fit correctly together in the same sentance for me.

I wonder if you are going to have Cody as part of the deal, if you could take our Paul Moy with you???
[/quote]

If your love child McNamee is thrown in as well would it mean you relocating to West Yorkshire and a divorce from WITS?[;)]

I know somebody had a medical for ncfc today, so my moneys on Pilkington joining us unless it was Hitzlsperger lol

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="terrier10"][quote user="DOGGER"]Good player, hope it comes off.Maybe we can give you Mac and cash?[/quote]

Would love Cody McDonald to be a part of any deal. We are crying out for another natural goalscorer to help out Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]You had to go and spoil it by mentioning Cody! Here we go....[/quote]haha natural goalscorer and Cody McDonald don''t quite fit correctly together in the same sentance for me.I wonder if you are going to have Cody as part of the deal, if you could take our Paul Moy with you???[/quote]Please elaborate, for i fear you''re propgating a ''gut feeling'' that has no compatibility with reality here Smudger. As of right now it all seems far too factually deprived.The only valid record we have to go by within the Football League system is that he is, so long as 25 goals and a League ''Player of Season'' award as a striker is enough to quantify this to any extent. At the first attempt, at a relatively young age, that is no mean feat (Grant Holt''s first genuine attempt was also at 24, and he scored only 17 at the same; and it took Steve Morison until 26 to enter the system).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="terrier10"]http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2386355,00.html That''s the latest from our chairman. Someone has posted on our forum that he has signed for you for £2.3m rising to £2.8m You are getting a quality player if this is true. He''s right footed naturally but equally as comfortable on his left. Great shot on him and a great crosser of the ball. There is an element of risk with the injury, however, it was the same as Antonio Valencia''s and he saw the same surgeon...Valencia came back the same, so if Pilks does you''ve got a gem![/quote] Thanks Terrier, I for one hope this deal goes through. Personally a tad disappointed by not getting Snodgrass but £8m if thats what they reportedly want is just crazy money. The only concern like others have mentioned is the injury but if he passes a stringent medical I believe this could potentially be a good signing. When you see the hysteria on Huddersfield messageboards the guy obviously has ability. Terrier, if I could ask you one question "do you believe he can make the step up to the Prem?"[/quote]

Well if you think that £8 million is expensive for Snodgrass, we may as well as have thrown £3 million down the 5.hitter if this is true.

Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg!
[/quote]

Good to read that. If your previous record is anything to go by, he''ll turn out to be a world beater!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="terrier10"]http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2386355,00.html That''s the latest from our chairman. Someone has posted on our forum that he has signed for you for £2.3m rising to £2.8m You are getting a quality player if this is true. He''s right footed naturally but equally as comfortable on his left. Great shot on him and a great crosser of the ball. There is an element of risk with the injury, however, it was the same as Antonio Valencia''s and he saw the same surgeon...Valencia came back the same, so if Pilks does you''ve got a gem![/quote] Thanks Terrier, I for one hope this deal goes through. Personally a tad disappointed by not getting Snodgrass but £8m if thats what they reportedly want is just crazy money. The only concern like others have mentioned is the injury but if he passes a stringent medical I believe this could potentially be a good signing. When you see the hysteria on Huddersfield messageboards the guy obviously has ability. Terrier, if I could ask you one question "do you believe he can make the step up to the Prem?"[/quote]Well if you think that £8 million is expensive for Snodgrass, we may as well as have thrown £3 million down the 5.hitter if this is true.Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg![/quote]

Good to read that. If your previous record is anything to go by, he''ll turn out to be a world beater!

[/quote]haha my previous record?So says another one of the many who thought that the team who got us relegated was good enough to finish in the play-offs! [:$]

If true, I think he''s the riskiest signing so far. It''s stupid to say he''s no better than what we''ve got as we have very few wingers in the squad and he does add to the depth of the squad. But we are asking a League One winger who has just recovered from a very serious injury to make the step up to the Premiership. I think anyone would agree that''s a bolt step to take.Still, I look forward to seeing him in the yellow and green and believe at his age it''s another young, potentially able addition to the squad.

Out of interest are people thinking this is a risk because of the Leg break or because of his current level

[quote user="birchfest"]Out of interest are people thinking this is a risk because of the Leg break or because of his current level[/quote]

From an outsiders view looking in:

You''re club has made giant strides in the last two seasons, earning deserved back to back promotions. There will be members of your squad who have only one year more Championship level experience than the likes of Pilks and Bennet.

By earning promotion to the Premier League you got a pretty tasty windfall, £40m is it? Look at another club near to Town, Bradford...signed the likes of Carbone, Petrescu and Collymore, players wanting a good pay day who knew they''d be off when things went tits up.

Pilks and Bennet are young, promising players eager for the opportunity to progress and develop. They will not command the wages of the "big names" but ate an investment and should actually increase in value with the added experience.

£2m plus for Pilks out of a £40m windfall is pretty shrewd business in my eyes. I hope with the football you play you can have a real go and stay up...if not he''s had a year PL experience and will more than cut it in Championship.

As for the injury, as stated he saw the same surgeon as Antonio Valencia and Alan Smith...hopefully he comes back like Valencia has and not follow Alan Smith''s downward trend!

Pilks'' rehab has been ahead of schedule, which can only be a positive sign.

[quote user="birchfest"]Out of interest are people thinking this is a risk because of the Leg break or because of his current level
[/quote]

I would say that 99% are concerned because of the injury. The other 1% is smudge, who is under the illusion that Pilkington is nowhere as good as Bennett.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="terrier10"]http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2386355,00.html That''s the latest from our chairman. Someone has posted on our forum that he has signed for you for £2.3m rising to £2.8m You are getting a quality player if this is true. He''s right footed naturally but equally as comfortable on his left. Great shot on him and a great crosser of the ball. There is an element of risk with the injury, however, it was the same as Antonio Valencia''s and he saw the same surgeon...Valencia came back the same, so if Pilks does you''ve got a gem![/quote] Thanks Terrier, I for one hope this deal goes through. Personally a tad disappointed by not getting Snodgrass but £8m if thats what they reportedly want is just crazy money. The only concern like others have mentioned is the injury but if he passes a stringent medical I believe this could potentially be a good signing. When you see the hysteria on Huddersfield messageboards the guy obviously has ability. Terrier, if I could ask you one question "do you believe he can make the step up to the Prem?"[/quote]

Well if you think that £8 million is expensive for Snodgrass, we may as well as have thrown £3 million down the 5.hitter if this is true.

Not as good as what we currently have here, even without his gammy leg!
[/quote]

[/quote]

haha my previous record?

So says another one of the many who thought that the team who got us relegated was good enough to finish in the play-offs! [:$]
[/quote]

Please explain because, as often happens, I haven''t got a clue what you are talking about!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Out of interest are people thinking this is a risk because of the Leg break or because of his current level
[/quote]

I would say that 99% are concerned because of the injury. The other 1% is smudge, who is under the illusion that Pilkington is nowhere as good as Bennett.

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that he''s back in training it would appear that he has made a full recovery, so I really don''t see why 99% would be concerned.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that he''s back in training it would appear that he has made a full recovery, so I really don''t see why 99% would be concerned.

[/quote]

Oh well! 98% then.

Being concerned is not the same as being against the signing, of course. I want him here simply because of the write-up. It would be a brilliant move if it comes off, based upon what I have read from mainly Huddersfield sources. My slight concern is about the injury. Sometimes players never fully recover their prior-to game.

It is not really possible to compare him unfavourably with what we have already, by stating that he is no better, as we are, to a man, probably completely ignorant as to this player''s attributes. Unless, of course, there is somebody out there who follows Huddersfield as well as Norwich.   

He''s back in training but it''s a bit early to be saying he''s made a full recovery. He''ll be a good signing but not without risk. It''s a bit like the situation with Whitbrread, we signed him when he was injured and had been for some time. However because we were willing to take a risk we got a great defender at a cut price. If Pilkington was fit we''d probably be in a bidding war and would ended up paying an extra million or more.

The risk is that either the injury will affect his game long term or that like Whitbread, he takes a long time to be ready to play. It''s a risk, but a calculated one.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have the wrong end of the stick - 99% of those concerned over the signing are worried about his injury, smudge appears to be the only one doubting his quality.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have the wrong end of the stick - 99% of those concerned over the signing are worried about his injury, smudge appears to be the only one doubting his quality.

[/quote]

Nothing to worry about on that score then.

[quote user="Smudger"]
So says another one of the many who thought that the team who got us relegated was good enough to finish in the play-offs! [:$]
[/quote]

After relegation when the loanees were returned to sender we did not even have enough players for a team let alone a substitutes bench so where did this gem come from Smudger?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]smudge appears to be the only one doubting his quality.

[/quote]Smudger is just concerned that his love child McNamee will be shown the door. Another player he called wrong. [;)]

What I find truly astounding is that apparently 99% have such little trust in McNally and Lambert that you assume that they would be foolish enough to pay out a couple of million for a player who might not perform to his previous standard.   I realise some posters are so arrogant that they think they know stuff that Lambert and McNally don''t ("perhaps Lambert will realsie what we all can see that Wilbraham is useless") but I''m not convinced.

I reckon it is likely that they have heard that Pilkingtojn has had a bad injury.  I agree that they might have had to sneak a look at this thread to do so but I think they know.  I''m going out on a limb here but hear me out.  I''ve got this feeling that McNally will have concluded that it might not be a good idea to spend money on an unfit player.   He may have guessed that we should only spend money on players whocan actually pay.   It is just possible that he will get one of those doctor people to have a look at the leg and just make sure it is straight and working.   Chap can''t be too careful you know.

Then again perhaps not.  Pinkun posters know better than anyone else obviously especially those paid to do full time what we just talk about.   McNally may not even think to count how many legs the bloke actually has much less check they work.

Best be safe. Someone ought to tweet him just to make sure.