Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pilkington

Back to Pilkington anyway, supposedly Stoke & Wolves were also

interested and 30 odd pages on Huddersfields website suggests to me he

has something....Be nice if someone would post the link as i looked and couldnt find the one with 30 pages, as it wou,ld be nice to see what they say !!

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Back to Pilkington anyway, supposedly Stoke & Wolves were also

interested and 30 odd pages on Huddersfields website suggests to me he

has something....Be nice if someone would post the link as i looked and couldnt find the one with 30 pages, as it wou,ld be nice to see what they say !![/quote]

Here we go Bloodwagon.....

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

[quote user="Smudger"]Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.
[/quote]

[quote user="Gazza"]personally I think this could turn out to be a masterstroke by Lambert.....

[/quote]Oh dear boys. Perhaps next season Gazza, you can turn him round so he faces the pitch! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]What''s so funny Lapps?

[/quote]The fact that Paul Lambert and Lee Clark (both top players and now good managers) rate him highly, and yet you insist they''re both wrong. You really are unbelievable. 

[/quote]Since when has Lee Clark been a good manager Lapps?  If I was chairman at Huddersfield I would be getting itchy feet over him by now.  What has he achieved in a couple of years at a team who should be winning promotion from the 3rd tier?  I would say that if he doesn''t win promotion this year then Clark''s days as manager of Huddersfield Town may be well and truly numbered.Hope for your sake that you spend the Pilkington windfall well Lee![/quote]Well let''s be fair, Huddersfield were 25 games unbeaten before the play-off final and would have gone up in almost all of the last twenty seasons with their final points total.  I think he has the potential to be a very good manager and I don''t think two successive seasons of being serious promotion contenders in two very very difficult League One seasons is exactly failure.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]
 hope he proves us both wrong, but I just can''t see it.

Apart from Wilbraham, this is the signing that worries me most since we won promotion from League 1.
[/quote]

Smug you have forgotten to mention how you think his attitude stinks as well.Me thinks it is time to turn your attention to hounding Ruddy out of Carrow Road as after all you reckon he could not catch a cold let alone a football.

[/quote]

He likes his one-man crusades doesn''t he? Like that time he held his protest meeting on his own in the Murderers...

A litte late i replying...but welcome Anthony ... I''m sure you''ll be a great signing for us OTBC!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]One thing in Pilkington''s favour on my behalf.  I am glad that this money went on him as opposed to Craig Mackail-Smith.

I haven''t seen the compilation Muddy, although probably seen a large number of the goals on there.  Do you have a link?
[/quote]

Of course you have. I bet you even know what he has for breakfast and who his favourite cousin is.

Really am happy Pilks is one of our own and from what I''ve seen/heard it''s all good but I still feel a little concerned that every interview or story I read seems to suggest we may not see him in a yella shirt for a bit, anyone care to hazzard a guess to when we may see young Tony Pilks in action?

[quote user="Twitchy"]Really am happy Pilks is one of our own and from what I''ve seen/heard it''s all good but I still feel a little concerned that every interview or story I read seems to suggest we may not see him in a yella shirt for a bit, anyone care to hazzard a guess to when we may see young Tony Pilks in action?
[/quote]

October?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Really am happy Pilks is one of our own and from what I''ve seen/heard it''s all good but I still feel a little concerned that every interview or story I read seems to suggest we may not see him in a yella shirt for a bit, anyone care to hazzard a guess to when we may see young Tony Pilks in action?[/quote]

October?

[/quote]October eh Jo very good, seems that month was a popular choice last season for another player lol.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Really am happy Pilks is one of our own and from what I''ve seen/heard it''s all good but I still feel a little concerned that every interview or story I read seems to suggest we may not see him in a yella shirt for a bit, anyone care to hazzard a guess to when we may see young Tony Pilks in action?[/quote]I say he might have a little cameo against West Brom at home, 4th game of the season.