Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Pilkington

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]smudge appears to be the only one doubting his quality.

[/quote]Smudger is just concerned that his love child McNamee will be shown the door. Another player he called wrong. [;)]

[/quote]

The law of averages says he will get something right one day

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

What I find truly astounding is that apparently 99% have such little trust in McNally and Lambert that you assume that they would be foolish enough to pay out a couple of million for a player who might not perform to his previous standard.   I realise some posters are so arrogant that they think they know stuff that Lambert and McNally don''t ("perhaps Lambert will realsie what we all can see that Wilbraham is useless") but I''m not convinced.

I reckon it is likely that they have heard that Pilkingtojn has had a bad injury.  I agree that they might have had to sneak a look at this thread to do so but I think they know.  I''m going out on a limb here but hear me out.  I''ve got this feeling that McNally will have concluded that it might not be a good idea to spend money on an unfit player.   He may have guessed that we should only spend money on players whocan actually pay.   It is just possible that he will get one of those doctor people to have a look at the leg and just make sure it is straight and working.   Chap can''t be too careful you know.

Then again perhaps not.  Pinkun posters know better than anyone else obviously especially those paid to do full time what we just talk about.   McNally may not even think to count how many legs the bloke actually has much less check they work.

Best be safe. Someone ought to tweet him just to make sure.

[/quote]Yawn, yawn... [|-)]You never know, maybe you are right with these comments.  I haven''t seen him released as a new signing of ours yet!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]So says another one of the many who thought that the team who got us relegated was good enough to finish in the play-offs! [:$][/quote]

After relegation when the loanees were returned to sender we did not even have enough players for a team let alone a substitutes bench so where did this gem come from Smudger?

[/quote]You tell me...While you might not have thought that we were heading for the play-offs in 2008/09, you certainly weren''t with the minority who said that we would be in relegation trouble at the beginning of that particular season were you?  More top ten would have probably been your opinion at the time Tilly - always safer to sway with the majority hey?The posters that have been about on here long enough know who has called more things right than others.  Yet this doesn''t seem to stop some people like Lapps (who is to scared to make a prediction on here for fear that he might get something wrong) trying to come up with their histrionics.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]smudge appears to be the only one doubting his quality.

[/quote]Smudger is just concerned that his love child McNamee will be shown the door. Another player he called wrong. [;)]

[/quote]

The law of averages says he will get something right one day

[/quote]Yes far more often than Lapps who always call things wrong - but only in private for fear of being shown up as knowing Sweet FA.I would class you in with the Majority voters Webbo118 - views that aren''t worth listening to.I said that we wouldn''t be signing Craig Mackail-Smith all summer long and if we have any sense then we will stear clear of this waste of money too! [;)]

Getting back to on topic once all the mud slinging has finished which seems to have blighted this board with quite a few over sensitive individuals.....about what they know and don''t know.

Quite excited about having him here, i have watched a few youtube clips and other huddersfield fans talk quite highly of him.

Having two genuine wingers in bennet and pilkington will give us more options whether to switch between diamond, 4231 and 442. We will need that flexibility as i think it is what undone Blackpool by not changing their system (or not being able to adopt to a different system) when away from home. or for example when they''ve taken a 2-0 lead against united at home to shore up.

Holt, Wes, Vaughn, Surman, Johnson, Fox/Crofts, Bennet, Martin, De Lait, Barnett, Tierney. Ruddy.

Loads of options to interchange on form and fitness. Could do with another defender, ideally (for me) someone whose seen it and done it and perhaps fallen out of favour at an establish premiership club but still has a good 3 years left at the top flight.

Can''t wait for the season to start cmon 17th spot!!!!

I have to say I''m concerned about us signing a player who is still recovering from a broken leg. How often in the past have good players not quite recovered from a bad injury? For example Michael Owen and Alan Smith never got anywhere near their old levels of quality once they returned from long lay offs. It can sometimes just take off 1 or 2% of a players ability to turn them mediocre.   

Of course some players bounce back to play as well as they ever did, but there''s always that chance they won''t.

We''ve already signed a potentially crocked Vaughan, can we afford a second gamble with a player returning from injury?

From what I''ve gleaned, I don''t think Vaughan has had problems with any one part of his body, just a series of different sorts of injury.

Oddly, they include a self-inflicted broken hand, sustained by punching the dressing-room wall in frustration after losing while on loan at Palarse. Studpid, but certainly shows the commitment of the guy.

Incidentally, I''ve heard the same about Bradley Johnson from a Leeds supporter. Even after refusing to sign a new deal, his head apparently never went down, which is surely the sign of another player who will give everthing.

Pilkington is a different matter on the injury front. One extremely bad injury, which will undoubtedly be looked at very closely.

The injury records of all the other signings seem fine.

[quote user="Smudger"]
I would class you in with the Majority voters Webbo118 - views that aren''t worth listening to.

I said that we wouldn''t be signing Craig Mackail-Smith all summer long and if we have any sense then we will stear clear of this waste of money too! [;)]
[/quote]

I think we should drop the D,E and the R from your name and just call you Smug.All this i told you so crap and trying to make out you know better than anybody else on here about players many of whom you have only watched for a few brief seconds around 12.30am on the FLS on a Saturday night is really tiresome.

so simple question time Smug..........how many times have you actually seen Pilkington play live in an actual game?.Same goes for CMS?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

I have to say I''m concerned about us signing a player who is still recovering from a broken leg. How often in the past have good players not quite recovered from a bad injury? For example Michael Owen and Alan Smith never got anywhere near their old levels of quality once they returned from long lay offs. It can sometimes just take off 1 or 2% of a players ability to turn them mediocre.   

Of course some players bounce back to play as well as they ever did, but there''s always that chance they won''t.

We''ve already signed a potentially crocked Vaughan, can we afford a second gamble with a player returning from injury?

[/quote]

I think we need to differentiate here between muscular injuries and bone injuries. A broken bone once mended is reputedly stronger than it was originally and does not normally recur. Muscular injuries however do recur and have been the blight on Owen''s career as well as many others (eg. Jonathan Woodgate, and also remember our own Neil Emblen). If Pilkington''s injury had been muscular, I would be concerned but as far as I''m aware it was a pure fracture, just as Vaughan''s have also been.

[quote user="ricardo"]Thers only one answer to this thread.

In Lambert we trust, OTBC.
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I would class you in with the Majority voters Webbo118 - views that aren''t worth listening to.I said that we wouldn''t be signing Craig Mackail-Smith all summer long and if we have any sense then we will stear clear of this waste of money too! [;)][/quote]

I think we should drop the D,E and the R from your name and just call you Smug.All this i told you so crap and trying to make out you know better than anybody else on here about players many of whom you have only watched for a few brief seconds around 12.30am on the FLS on a Saturday night is really tiresome.

so simple question time Smug..........how many times have you actually seen Pilkington play live in an actual game?.Same goes for CMS?

[/quote]Not at all.  Simply giving my opinion.  Just because it doesn''t fit with the majority view on this subject, Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already) and the need to replace John Ruddy as our Number ONE, surely does not mean that I should keep such opinions to myself?After all what a dreary world it would be if none of us thought a little bit different from the massed ranks.

[quote user="Smudger"]Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already)

[/quote]How have you "nearly been proven right on already"? He hasn''t even started training for the new season yet! [:S]

Why not answer Tilly''s question? How many times have you watched him ''live'' to form your opinion of him?

[quote user="Smudger"]Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already)

[/quote]How have you "nearly been proven right on already"? He hasn''t even started training for the new season yet! [:S]

Why not answer Tilly''s question? How many times have you watched him ''live'' to form your opinion of him?

[/quote]He won''t be playing in the Premiership though will he Lapps?He never will be either, because like I said, he isn''t good enough!  Woeful first touch and if I was forced to take a bet on who would do better out of him and Cody over the next few years, then I might be tempted to put my money on Cody.

[quote user="Smudger"]He won''t be playing in the Premiership though will he Lapps?

He never will be either, because like I said, he isn''t good enough!  Woeful first touch and if I was forced to take a bet on who would do better out of him and Cody over the next few years, then I might be tempted to put my money on Cody.

[/quote]He would have been if Lambert had succeeded in buying him in March. Are you saying Lambert got it wrong?

How many times have you seen him (and Pilkington) play smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]
I would class you in with the Majority voters Webbo118 - views that aren''t worth listening to.

I said that we wouldn''t be signing Craig Mackail-Smith all summer long and if we have any sense then we will stear clear of this waste of money too! [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all.  Simply giving my opinion.  Just because it doesn''t fit with the majority view on this subject, Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already) and the need to replace John Ruddy as our Number ONE, surely does not mean that I should keep such opinions to myself?

After all what a dreary world it would be if none of us thought a little bit different from the massed ranks.
[/quote]

So let me get this right......You have never seen Pilkington play yet are prepared to say he is a waste of money.Now can you please stop bigging yourself up over your "opinion" on CMS and tell me how many minutes live football you have seen him play.I fancy i know the answer which means your opinions mean didderly squat as they are baseless.

[quote user="Smudger"]He won''t be playing in the Premiership though will he Lapps?He never will be either, because like I said, he isn''t good enough!  Woeful first touch and if I was forced to take a bet on who would do better out of him and Cody over the next few years, then I might be tempted to put my money on Cody.

[/quote]He would have been if Lambert had succeeded in buying him in March. Are you saying Lambert got it wrong?

[/quote]Enough thanks very much.I wonder if Lambert has seen anymore of him, considering that he has a FT job of managing NCFC to do.  Your talk of "how many times have you seen such and such play" is as irrelevant as the majority of the points that you try to make on here.A good judge of players, judges quickly.You didn''t see Peter Taylor travelling around the country watching a player 150 times before he told Cloughie whether he thought he would fit in to and improve their team back in the day did you?  If he did then I am absolutely astonished that Derby and Forest ever managed to achieve anything.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]He won''t be playing in the Premiership though will he Lapps?

He never will be either, because like I said, he isn''t good enough!  Woeful first touch and if I was forced to take a bet on who would do better out of him and Cody over the next few years, then I might be tempted to put my money on Cody.

[/quote]

Enough thanks very much.

I wonder if Lambert has seen anymore of him, considering that he has a FT job of managing NCFC to do.  Your talk of "how many times have you seen such and such play" is as irrelevant as the majority of the points that you try to make on here.

A good judge of players, judges quickly.

You didn''t see Peter Taylor travelling around the country watching a player 150 times before he told Cloughie whether he thought he would fit in to and improve their team back in the day did you?  If he did then I am absolutely astonished that Derby and Forest ever managed to achieve anything.
[/quote]

Jeeezzuss Smug you were about 8 years old when Clough and Taylor were at Derby and Forest and here you are yet again rambling on about something you know zilch about.

10 out of 10 for swerving an answer with " enough thanks very much".

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I would class you in with the Majority voters Webbo118 - views that aren''t worth listening to.I said that we wouldn''t be signing Craig Mackail-Smith all summer long and if we have any sense then we will stear clear of this waste of money too! [;)][/quote]

[/quote]Not at all.  Simply giving my opinion.  Just because it doesn''t fit with the majority view on this subject, Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already) and the need to replace John Ruddy as our Number ONE, surely does not mean that I should keep such opinions to myself?After all what a dreary world it would be if none of us thought a little bit different from the massed ranks.[/quote]

So let me get this right......You have never seen Pilkington play yet are prepared to say he is a waste of money.Now can you please stop bigging yourself up over your "opinion" on CMS and tell me how many minutes live football you have seen him play.I fancy i know the answer which means your opinions mean didderly squat as they are baseless.

[/quote]Who is bigging anybody up?I have seen very little of him granted.  But from what I have seen I am not impressed.  I think that we already have better players in our first eleven and £2.3 million to £2.8 million I consider to be too much for us to be paying on somebody who is unlikely to push really hard for a place in our starting eleven.  So I would not bid that kind of money for Pilkington even without the injury concerns.  The injury concerns plus my knowledge of the guys attitude give me even more reasons for concern.Yes I may change my mind if he is signed and proves me wrong, but this player doesn''t excite me in the slightest and I''m not going to say different just to please anybody.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]He won''t be playing in the Premiership though will he Lapps?He never will be either, because like I said, he isn''t good enough!  Woeful first touch and if I was forced to take a bet on who would do better out of him and Cody over the next few years, then I might be tempted to put my money on Cody.

[/quote]Enough thanks very much.I wonder if Lambert has seen anymore of him, considering that he has a FT job of managing NCFC to do.  Your talk of "how many times have you seen such and such play" is as irrelevant as the majority of the points that you try to make on here.A good judge of players, judges quickly.You didn''t see Peter Taylor travelling around the country watching a player 150 times before he told Cloughie whether he thought he would fit in to and improve their team back in the day did you?  If he did then I am absolutely astonished that Derby and Forest ever managed to achieve anything.[/quote]

Jeeezzuss Smug you were about 8 years old when Clough and Taylor were at Derby and Forest and here you are yet again rambling on about something you know zilch about.

10 out of 10 for swerving an answer with " enough thanks very much".

[/quote]I know that they didn''t spend all the time you think you need to spend watching a player to make a decision on one and I also know that both of them called some decisions wrong as will Paul Lambert.I also know that whatever you and Lapp and others like to make out on here, you get more than enough of your fair share of things wrong don''t you?  Some of us you see are quite happy to own up to things that we call wrong, where as others like to make out that they are always right.Maybe I will be wrong on Pilkington, but I have expressed my fears on the player and I hope that we don''t sign him.Maybe you think that Paul Lambert is not mortal though and that he created the earth and always gets everything right?  The kind of mentality that saw us fall from grace so quickly last time we found ourselves in the Premiership.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all.  Simply giving my opinion.  Just because it doesn''t fit with the majority view on this subject, Craig Mackail-Smith (which I have almost certainly nearly been proven right on already) and the need to replace John Ruddy as our Number ONE, surely does not mean that I should keep such opinions to myself?

After all what a dreary world it would be if none of us thought a little bit different from the massed ranks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is bigging anybody up?

I have seen very little of him granted.  But from what I have seen I am not impressed.  I think that we already have better players in our first eleven and £2.3 million to £2.8 million I consider to be too much for us to be paying on somebody who is unlikely to push really hard for a place in our starting eleven.  So I would not bid that kind of money for Pilkington even without the injury concerns.  The injury concerns plus my knowledge of the guys attitude give me even more reasons for concern.

Yes I may change my mind if he is signed and proves me wrong, but this player doesn''t excite me in the slightest and I''m not going to say different just to please anybody.
[/quote]

Ok i will take on board what you say but just accept that because people may not agree with you there is no justification i calling them " deluded fools" and the such like.

You just can''t help yourself can you Smudger.

Would you care to elaborate on this little gem " The injury concerns plus my knowledge of the guys attitude give me even more reasons for concern."

What knowledge of the guys attitude do you claim to have?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have seen very little of him granted.  But from what I have seen I am not impressed.  I think that we already have better players in our first eleven and £2.3 million to £2.8 million I consider to be too much for us to be paying on somebody who is unlikely to push really hard for a place in our starting eleven.  So I would not bid that kind of money for Pilkington even without the injury concerns.  The injury concerns plus my knowledge of the guys attitude give me even more reasons for concern.

Yes I may change my mind if he is signed and proves me wrong, but this player doesn''t excite me in the slightest and I''m not going to say different just to please anybody.
[/quote]

---

Really? That''s interesting. Do tell. Do expand. Because on the Hudersfield forum I looked at there was virtually nothing but praise for his attitude. The odd complaint that he was leaving, which you see whenever ever goes, but far fewer than normal. The overwhelming view was that Pilkington had always tried his hardest for Huddersfield, and the club chairman was equally effusive. So I''m agog to hear what you know that the vast majority of Huddersfield fans and the chairman don''t know.

Just the way he came across when being interviewed about his injury.He seemed disinterested in Huddersfield Town in March to me, even though he played the game as far as keeping their fans onside was concerned.  Just when I have seen the guy speak, he doesn''t fill me with the kind enthusiasm most of Lambert''s signings do as somebody willing to run through brick walls for their team and team mates.I think that Huddersfield has a lot of these type of players and has done for a few years now.  Perhaps why they flatter to deceive year after year and can''t manage to win promotion from the 3rd tier?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

Really? That''s interesting. Do tell. Do expand. Because on the Hudersfield forum I looked at there was virtually nothing but praise for his attitude. The odd complaint that he was leaving, which you see whenever ever goes, but far fewer than normal. The overwhelming view was that Pilkington had always tried his hardest for Huddersfield, and the club chairman was equally effusive. So I''m agog to hear what you know that the vast majority of Huddersfield fans and the chairman don''t know.

[/quote]

For posters who haven''t seen it, this is what that poor deluded idiot of a Huddersfield chairman thinks of Pilkington''s attitude:

“Anthony has supported me in trying to get the best deal for the club which show me how much he cares. I recognise our supporters may feel disappointed at the timing and I know emotions have been running a little high; this news coming after his injury just as he is close to a comeback, but personally don’t see things like that at all. I always believe when opportunities come in life you have to take them.

“Pilks is a great lad. He has provided us all with some fantastic football and many great moments of individual brilliance that will certainly live very long in my memory. Every time he has pulled on a Town shirt he has given it his all and now although he is close to leaving, the cash from a deal will not only also help us progress further but will also create an opportunity for others to pick up were ‘Pilks’ left off.

Pilks’ deserves his chance to perform on the biggest stage in England. I am proud of the small role the club has played in helping him develop his talent and now making that dream possible for him. A deal isn’t sealed yet but if Pilks goes, he leave with the all my best wishes and my thanks for what he has done for the club, together with the goodwill of everyone here at the club.”

Luckily for us Smudger knows different, and can warn Lambert off at the last moment...

[quote user="Smudger"]  I think that we already have better players in our first eleven and £2.3 million to £2.8 million I consider to be too much for us to be paying on somebody who is unlikely to push really hard for a place in our starting eleven.  [/quote]

Starting eleven? You really think we will be starting the same eleven players, same formation every game? If that was the case why have all the players that PL has brought in been different to what we have already, surely he should be looking at bringing in clones of our ''starting eleven''?

[quote user="Smudger"] So I would not bid that kind of money for Pilkington even without the injury concerns.  The injury concerns plus my knowledge of the guys attitude give me even more reasons for concern.[/quote]

Attitude? Tell us more...

[quote user="Smudger"] Yes I may change my mind if he is signed and proves me wrong, but this player doesn''t excite me in the slightest and I''m not going to say different just to please anybody.
[/quote]

It''s funny that the Brighton fans labelled Bennett as a good Championship player yet the Huddersfield fans stated that Pilkington was good enough for the Premiership. I''ll trust the thoughts of fans who have seen both players week in week rather than a few seconds on the FLS.

[quote user="Smudger"]Just the way he came across when being interviewed about his injury.

He seemed disinterested in Huddersfield Town in March to me, even though he played the game as far as keeping their fans onside was concerned.  Just when I have seen the guy speak, he doesn''t fill me with the kind enthusiasm most of Lambert''s signings do as somebody willing to run through brick walls for their team and team mates.

I think that Huddersfield has a lot of these type of players and has done for a few years now.  Perhaps why they flatter to deceive year after year and can''t manage to win promotion from the 3rd tier?
[/quote]

It''s disgusting that Pilkington did not run through a brick wall for his team to help them ensure promotion last season. [:D]