Sign in to follow this  
Henrik Mortensons Biographer

New cheesy Grant Holt Chant?

Won''t load on Google Chrome, but would it be best to compile all the entries by a date and then have a separate topic and vote?

[quote user="Browno"]

Just to let everyone know, if these are to be made, things need to be vectorised, so photos will be difficult etc. You may want cartoons etc.[/quote]Mine''s all done in Illustrator CS5…

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Andy Larkin''s first effort gets the nod from me![/quote]

same here

Yes, i like andy''s first effort too. Has to simple as nothing complicated design wise will show up on the banner. Not entirely sure on the wording though. How about simply:

Welcome to St Paul''s Cathedral - This is Carrow Road  ??

god, what is wrong with my English today - "has to **be** simple as **anything** complicated will **not** show up...."

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/andylarkin/StPaulsbanner-2.jpg[/IMG]Detail of St Paul[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/andylarkin/StPaul.jpg[/IMG]

If you''ll pardon my French, that. sir, is ferkin awesome.

Next stage - How do we get it made? Anyone know a place that could make the banner up for us? Can we get a quote? Just needs someone with a paypal account willing to do the leg work. I''ll pay in a contribution.

[quote user="a1canary"]

If you''ll pardon my French, that. sir, is ferkin awesome.

Next stage - How do we get it made? Anyone know a place that could make the banner up for us? Can we get a quote? Just needs someone with a paypal account willing to do the leg work. I''ll pay in a contribution.

[/quote]I always use www.venturebanners.co.uk - I have a trade account so could get it done AFTER the money has been collected if need be. There is a quotation calculator in the top right corner of the main site - but these banners aren''t cheap!If I were you, I''d consider asking Mr McNally about doing it through the club - or at least getting prmission to dangle it from an Upper Tier – his answer would dictate if it is worth spending the money on a better material for a longer life![:|]

Nice design Brownish. Not sure if it would work or might be a bit complex/expensive to reproduce.

Either way I think the best option might be to choose a local design firm who could maybe do it on the cheap in return for the publicity it would generate and also as Andy suggests try and get McNally to endorse/contribute.

I dont post on here much as you could probably tell from the number of posts. However, I am a long time reader, and had to put my thoughts in on the banner idea, I LOVE IT!!

But for the slogan how about: "Norwich City is our religion - Welcome to St Pauls cathedral - This is Carrow Road"

What you think?

I think someone made a really good idea in the Roy Waller thread, I think We done it Roy would be appropriate on the first home game more than anything....

he''s big, he''s round
he''ll wrestle you to the ground
Grant Holt, Grant Holt

he''s big, he''s fit
he doesn''t give a shit
Grant Holt, Grant Holt

If I had the girth of a rhino
If I had the pace of a sloth
I''d get into forward positions
and trick defenders into giving away free kicks on the edge of the box

Last one tailed off a bit after a promising start.

I love him to bits by the way.

I have too much time on my hands tonight...

To the tune of Robin Hood.

Grant Holt, Grant Holt, Scored three against the scum
Grant Holt, Grant Holt, that''s why he''s number one
He makes defenders quake
With the runs that he makes
Grant Holt, Grant Holt

Assume you''re talking about the banner ILWT? I have emailed two local design agencies to see if they''d be interested in helping us getting it made and in getting some good publicity in to the bargain but not heard nuffink back from either. Not giving up though, will try some others. Alternative is to try get it done online as Andy Larkin suggested but I wanted to see first if we can get a local firm involved first.

[quote user="a1canary"]Assume you''re talking about the banner ILWT? I have emailed two local design agencies to see if they''d be interested in helping us getting it made and in getting some I am agood publicity in to the bargain but not heard nuffink back from either. Not giving up though, will try some others. Alternative is to try get it done online as Andy Larkin suggested but I wanted to see first if we can get a local firm involved first.[/quote]I am a local graphic design agency A1… they''ll not be able to tell you anything I can''t (who did you contact by the way agency-wise?). It either needs club support or a load of chaps to dig deep to get it paid for Did you contact McNasty?

Sorry mate, i didn''t realise! Are you freelance? Just that if it''s going to be as expensive as you say, i thought we might be able to get an agency to do it on the cheap in return for the publicity. I think it''s something that anglia/look east might easily pick up for a ''start of first season back in the prem'' type story which would in turn mention the local firm who made it for us. I feel sure that Kevin Piper would pick it up for Anglia. That''d be worth something in publicity to an agency. I can''t remember the names of the first two agencies i tried - i just googled "Norwich Print design" selected a couple and fired off emails. One of the names started with two ''a''s - aarlen or something. Oh and a third and fourth one i tried just yesterday were Special Design Studio and Turton Middleton. I think both of those are on King Street.

Ok, we''re up and running! SDS have put me on to CIM Signs and Graphics - guy there is a season ticket holder and is going to check with his partner to see what sort of deal they can do. They definitely sound up for it. Andy, can you send the design through to me if i pm you my email address? We''ll see what they come up with. Can you also get a quote to do it through yourself? Then we''ll have two options to chose from. What was the size we were looking at? 1.5m by 4 or 5m? Not sure really...

[quote user="a1canary"]

Ok, we''re up and running! SDS have put me on to CIM Signs and Graphics - guy there is a season ticket holder and is going to check with his partner to see what sort of deal they can do. They definitely sound up for it. Andy, can you send the design through to me if i pm you my email address? We''ll see what they come up with. Can you also get a quote to do it through yourself? Then we''ll have two options to chose from. What was the size we were looking at? 1.5m by 4 or 5m? Not sure really...

[/quote]Its just shy of 560mm x 3800mm but can be enlarged as big as you want in proportion. Guess end size depends on the depth of the wall that you hang it off as you don''t want it hanging down into the exec boxes do you?DM me your email address and I can give you the artwork as a pdf or Adobe Illustrator file in print ready formats.I''ve used CiM before - they do a good job.