Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Who's next in the "We endorse Norwich City" season?

Personally I''d like to see the pinkun run a story on how Robert Rosario fully endorses PL and NCFC for the season ahead. I''d particularly like them to focus on how tall he is and whether he thinks that being tall will help in the Premier League. Perhaps they could run another piece about Robert Fleck and ask him about whether being small will help the team next season.

Can we just sign someone please! All this no news news is doing my head in!

i agree it''s getting old now but i guess no news is better than bad news...

i''d rather we have very little going on than being in say Swansea''s position with the transfer issue or QPR''s position with rumours Warnock is off

My favourite type of non stories are the old; ''So-and-so is fired up for the next game'' type articles.

They''re so tedious. Just once can''t they interview somebody who isn''t bothered and says they really think Norwich will get stuffed in every game and hope we get relegated. At least it would give us something to shout about!

It seems to me that this is fairly standard close season stuff: No real news as there is little/nothing going on. Not that it isn''t nice to find out how old favourites are getting on and what they think of all things Norwich at the moment.It is only really an issue due to the fact that we have become used to transfer activity during May/June time- something we were not used too under Doomcaster et al. Suddenly there is a lack of activity and the transfer rumours mill has gone quiet. So its back to the same old player endorsement stuff.I suspect that this may well be the lull before the storm and McNasty''s confidential behind-the-scene negotiations shall soon bare some more fruit.Can''t wait to see who we get in next!

[quote user="Militant Canary"]It seems to me that this is fairly standard close season stuff: No real news as there is little/nothing going on.
Not that it isn''t nice to find out how old favourites are getting on and what they think of all things Norwich at the moment.

It is only really an issue due to the fact that we have become used to transfer activity during May/June time- something we were not used too under Doomcaster et al.

Suddenly there is a lack of activity and the transfer rumours mill has gone quiet. So its back to the same old player endorsement stuff.

I suspect that this may well be the lull before the storm and McNasty''s confidential behind-the-scene negotiations shall soon bare some more fruit.

Can''t wait to see who we get in next!
[/quote]

I reckon you''re right and am also looking forward to the next transfer announcement, although if it''s Bradley Johnson I''ll feel deflated, a pleasant surprise would be nice.

If anyone is taking bets, I would like to put £10 on steen nedergard to be next please.

the headline something along the lines of ''Steeno observes Viking spirit in canaries''

Would you like to suggest some articles Wiz ?If there is nothing to write about I would rather hear from an ex-player than a made up rumor newspapers normally run.I do agree with the above poster tho, would love an article to interview someone who actually has critical things to say about our squad.It is too early to stress over signings but we are a few players short of being a prem team.

I''d suggest they book some holiday instead of writing this pointless stuff. It''s like a load of clumsy awkward foreplay before the big kick-off. How about some analysis of our preseason opponents, yawn. I''m off to bed, wake me up in August. The years in-between international tournaments suck. Women''s world cup is just about sustaining me, just...

its off-season FFS why won''t you "no news/nothing news" knockers take a chill-pill and go and mow the lawn or meet real people to talk too for a few weeks until pre-season starts. what do you expect Archant and co to do? make up "spin" stories like a few south of the border, or have a new manager every close season like Chelski...or even have stories loosely linking us to someone in the German national squad? (which they even laughed about)...no they keep the news "local" as thats all there''s gonna be until lord lambo comes back from hols (or did you expect them to follow him out there and have "sunlounger watch"...just incase it was and a jaunty angle with the pool)?

...and here''s a novel thought...maybe a few of team archant are on their hols as they know this is thin news time?

I suggest you do the same first wiz...now run along with your wind breaker, bucket and space and run along to sea palling for a few weeks and give us all a break.

No. I say keep the articles going.

I''m very keen to know what John Polston''s mother thinks of our new signings so far. Equally I am simply on-edge to discover the opinion of Robert Ullathorne''s cousin regarding our formation next season.

[quote user="General Melchett"]Personally I''d like to see the pinkun run a story on how Robert Rosario fully endorses PL and NCFC for the season ahead. I''d particularly like them to focus on how tall he is and whether he thinks that being tall will help in the Premier League. Perhaps they could run another piece about Robert Fleck and ask him about whether being small will help the team next season.

Can we just sign someone please! All this no news news is doing my head in![/quote]Nail on the head mate...I''m going crazy reading that kind of crap...next new signing please!!!

you''re all mad...I bet you read the mags in the dentists waiting rooms? You dont have to read the the articles you know? i certainly didnt.

admittedly I though the green un/scum relegation clock, vs, pink ''un oooow - "did you see what that lot are saying about us" was a tad transparent...but you lot were probably the goons that fell for it.

I''ll have a report on a signing when PL comes back from his well earned holiday thanks very much. i''m off back into the real world...maybe you should all have a go of that too?

I''d love an Alan Partridge NCFC endorsement story, that would be brilliant. OT but favorite quote:That was the Police, or as they are currently known.... Sting.

haha - Charlton has done one now!

tell you who''d i''d like to see write one - Sammy Clingan.  "it could have been you Sammy"

[quote user="San Miguel"]

haha - Charlton has done one now!

tell you who''d i''d like to see write one - Sammy Clingan.  "it could have been you Sammy"

[/quote]We were just talking in another thread about "non-news" stories, but even so, I wasn''t expecting Simon Charlton!!Has Darren Eadie done one yet? If not, my money is on him.

LOL this is brilliant Archant!

''Stick to your principles - Charlton ''

Surely one of our principles is don''t play a 5ft nothing bloke at centre half.

Who''s next? I can''t wait!

Dean Coney might be next.

How he would have scored each and every week if only the opposition keeper smacked him up the ass.....

We''ve not heard from Raymond de Waard in ages. I''d like to hear his take on how forein players have had a huge influence on the British game. Also does he prefer a shmoke and a pancake or a cigar and a waffle.

Is anyone at Archant in touch with Glenn Roeder? Interesting to hear his opinion on our prospects in the Premier League. After all, he did have a brief tenure as England manager, didn''t he? So brief we all missed it!