Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Daily Mirror has us linked to Huddesfield's Anthony Pilklington for £1.75mil

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Can''t be true imo, according to these Uddersfield fans he won''t be fit until Christmas!

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=58583

[/quote]

IMO, you don''t read enough. The journalists and professionals involved with him are saying that he will be fit at the start of the season.

[/quote]

Well read again sweetheart, this time go to pages 3 and 4 of that thread!

Stupid woman.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/stick.gif[/IMG]

Town fan here

Absolutely gutted to hear this news, he is easily the most gifted player to

ever play for us in my life time, he really is that good! He''s two footed,

scores goals, can wip in one hell of a cross, really does have everything you

want from a winger. Can play either right or left wing, and has been known to

play as a striker too. Personally I would be gutted to see him leave and

anything under 2.5-3 mil would be daylight robbery. Having said that, he

suffered a horrendous injury early this year, dislocating his ankle and

snapping his leg in half, so it would be a massive risk signing if it was to go

through, people really were worried that the injury was career threatening.

However reports have been extremely encouraging and he''s just started running

and kicking a ball again, and is expected to make a full recovery in time for

the new season, but you can never really tell with these type of injuries.

If he does sign for you take good care of him, he''s loved by everyone at our

club, staff, players and fans, top top player and person. Don''t expect miracles

straight away because it could take a couple of months to find his form after

the injury, but when he does you will have one hell of a player on your hands.

Good luck for the next season, I’ll certainly be rooting for you! 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Can''t be true imo, according to these Uddersfield fans he won''t be fit until Christmas!

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=58583

[/quote]

IMO, you don''t read enough. The journalists and professionals involved with him are saying that he will be fit at the start of the season.

[/quote]

Stupid woman.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/stick.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]

I have read all pages of that topic. I''ll try again. Do you understand the difference between a fan saying "he''ll be out until Xmas" and professionals and journalists saying "he''ll be fit for the start of the season".

Thanks for the insight udders. This part was most interesting, (although it''s hard for some to comprehend);

However reports have been extremely encouraging and he''s just started running and kicking a ball again, and is expected to make a full recovery in time for the new season, but you can never really tell with these type of injuries.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Idiot.. why the woman coment?And on topic, indeed a certain fan was sure that Holt would be out till october... how did that work out again? Theres no shame in putting you hands up and saying ''oh I didnt see that fair enough''.You really should read more, she is right, because you''ve been made to look silly by a Huddersfield fan who has mirror the opinion that he will be back for the new season.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="Ncfc"]Can we really take on the Premier League with a squad made up entirely of Championship and League 1 players ? Elliot Bennett looks like our stand out signing so far and he''s unproven at Championship level  . [/quote]

So NcFc Is this squad better than 1p5wich?[/quote]Yes its better than Ipswich''s squad but they are in the Championship and the teams we will be playing next season make the best Championship sides look like schoolboy teams.

All the Huddersfield fans I know say Pilkington''s pure glass. So, sure we''ll "take good care of him" if we get him (hopefully).

Thanks for your thoughts, Udders. Hope you eventually get promotion next year.

How do you rate Lee Clark as a manager?

I rate Pilkington more than I do Bennett, i''ll be very happy if this signing comes off.

*Note thats not a knock at Bennett who''s signign i''m also chuffed with.

Just read on various websites and wait for it ....... the SUN!! that we have bid 1.75million for Huddersfields Anthony Pilkington but huddersfield are holding out for 2m. Not seen him play to be honest does anyone know much about him ?

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot.. why the woman coment?

And on topic, indeed a certain fan was sure that Holt would be out till october... how did that work out again? Theres no shame in putting you hands up and saying ''oh I didnt see that fair enough''.

You really should read more, she is right, because you''ve been made to look silly by a Huddersfield fan who has mirror the opinion that he will be back for the new season.
[/quote]

Who are you.....her lover?

And I couldn''t say ''stupid boy'' could I numbnuts?

Tell her to stick to washing up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Joanna Grey has actually changed her user name from ''''Raymond Getard'''' so she might not be a woman [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Idiot.. why the woman coment?And on topic, indeed a certain fan was sure that Holt would be out till october... how did that work out again? Theres no shame in putting you hands up and saying ''oh I didnt see that fair enough''.You really should read more, she is right, because you''ve been made to look silly by a Huddersfield fan who has mirror the opinion that he will be back for the new season.[/quote]

Who are you.....her lover?

And I couldn''t say ''stupid boy'' could I numbnuts?

Tell her to stick to washing up.

[/quote]Hahaha keep it coming! Nothing I could say would make you look a bigger fool than you already succeed in doing so well yourself! Your like the Ipswich town of this board, someone we like to hang around if only to laugh at! Comedy gold

Again on topic, if Snodgrass isnt viable because of the ever rising price being touted then Pilkington would deffinatly be a good alternative all though not like for like. If he passes the medical then there is no reason to worry, the amount of money on these contracts mean that they are extremely detailed.

Huddersfield manager denying we have bid for Pilkington:

"LEE CLARK expects prize asset Anthony Pilkington to be in Huddersfield Town’s opening-day League I line-up at home to Bury on August 6.

The Galpharm boss today dismissed reports of a £1.75m bid by Premier League new boys Norwich, saying: “There’s been no contact.”

And he insists it would take far more than the figures quoted in a number of reports before Town even begin to consider an offer."

[quote user="cityangel"]

Joanna Grey has actually changed her user name from ''''Raymond Getard'''' so she might not be a woman [:D]

[/quote]

Indeed she (or he) has, funnily enough you get noticed more if you have a female username (but that was not the reason for changing it).

Anyway, wiz is a well known misogynist. It would be funny if he turned up in Heaven and discovered that God was a woman.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Indeed she (or he) has, funnily enough you get noticed more if you have a female username (but that was not the reason for changing it).

Anyway, wiz is a well known misogynist. It would be funny if he turned up in Heaven and discovered that God was a woman.

[/quote]

I apologise mate/dear/kiddo.

Now, get back to your ironing.

[quote user="Lambo"]I rate Pilkington more than I do Bennett, i''ll be very happy if this signing comes off. *Note thats not a knock at Bennett who''s signign i''m also chuffed with.[/quote]

Sorry Lambo, but todays EDP has virtually buried this rumour...thank Gawd.

"It would be funny if he turned up in Heaven and discovered that God was a woman.

or black

.... or gay !

[quote user="City1st"]"It would be funny if he turned up in Heaven and discovered that God was a woman. or black .... or gay !

[/quote]A black lesbian even! [6]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="City1st"]"It would be funny if he turned up in Heaven and discovered that God was a woman. or black .... or gay !

[/quote]A black lesbian even! [6]

[/quote]

I''d buy a DVD for that Lapps, ask nicely, you could borrow it.......again.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-5.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="Ncfc"]Can we really take on the Premier League with a squad made up entirely of Championship and League 1 players ? Elliot Bennett looks like our stand out signing so far and he''s unproven at Championship level  . [/quote]

So NcFc Is this squad better than 1p5wich?[/quote]Yes its better than Ipswich''s squad but they are in the Championship and the teams we will be playing next season make the best Championship sides look like schoolboy teams.[/quote]

How often are the bin collections in 1p5wich NcFc?

[quote user="jed exodous"]A bit concerned at the price tag on this one. Where do they get figures of 1.5 - 2 million for a player whos never played higher than league 1? Where would he fit in? Surely he''d be instead of Snodders then? I''m still concerned by the lack of big game experience in this squad. Its not a case of big time charlies, just players who are used to playing in front of more than just a bus shelter or an athletics track... Wiki says it was a dislocated Ankle and broken Fibula, i''m no doctor, but a dislocated ankle is a pretty bad injury, is there a chance the same thing could happen again? I know when a shoulder dislocates its prone to the same injury again. I dunno, perhaps he could prove us wrong, but this seems like a gamble at the figures quoted... (I''m now awaiting the usual lynching)[/quote]

Please to hold my hands up here, hes already proving a great signing and doesn''t appear to show any ill-effects from that injury.  And the lack of prem experience hasn''t been a problem so far...

Those Huddersfield fans weren''t too far off the mark either...

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lambo"]I rate Pilkington more than I do Bennett, i''ll be very happy if this signing comes off. *Note thats not a knock at Bennett who''s signign i''m also chuffed with.[/quote]

Sorry Lambo, but todays EDP has virtually buried this rumour...thank Gawd.

[/quote]These old threads throw up some real diamonds... need i say anymore! Thank Gawd we signed him in the end eh!

I''m going to be honest and say I had my doubts a few weeks back about the number of players ''stepping up'' from the lower leagues.

I always rated Pilkington at Huddersfield and like the other signings he was a stand out player at that level so deserved a chance but when you have a squad of unproven players from lower levels there is a likelihood a number won''t step up but almost every single squad member has done so.