Sign in to follow this  
Congo Canary

Countdown to relegation, Acording to the binners

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Pete - are you Ged Steroo?[/quote]

No but this is...[:D]

Rob Steroo

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I am amazed at the naievity of Town ''fans'' and to be frank, this newspaper. Last year, perhaps the most feeble and embarrassing in the club''s history, Town sold their key player, Walters and their promising but overated talisman, Whickham for a total of 11.5 million pounds. Despite this and going backwards at a rate of knots, they apparently racked up another 8 million pounds of debt. Think about that for a minute... unless Town discover three Whickhams every single year under Evans they will be bled of MILLIONS OF POUNDS. Do you honestly not think that something is both gravely wrong and totally unsustainable at this former football club??

"appointing Evans showed an ambition....." master nutty

yes, in the same way that a rubbish tip appoints a flock of seagulls (though I accept that you were probably having a little jest at our unfortunate neighbours)

what is rather odd is the silence from, and about, the old red faced clown Sheepshanks, a man who almost 4 years to the day told the massed ranks of rural stupidity that Marcus Evans " would maintain Ipswich Towns culuture and our values"

Something Evans appears to have taken rather too literally by shoving them further into debt and continuing the ''values'', by refusing to pay their dues (rent to the local council).

But nevermind, Evans would be "improving the clubs clubs commercial revenues" - unfortunately they have steadily dropped year on year since he took over.

However further amongst the wonders he would bestow through "his extensive contacts and experience" ,,, a backing to enhance the sponsorship opportunities. Sadly that has also failed with no sponsorship for the North stand and Evans name having to be plastered everywhere to cover the gaps - even on the lucrative shirt sponsorship.

Is there a lesson for City here ? Perhaps not, but maybe for some our ''fans'' who clamour for us to indebt ourselves solely to placate the unrealistic wishes of a number of fickle happy clappies.

City1st..I was having a little jest at City fans on here who made those comments....

and believed them!

But I''m wondering if they were right all along. How many told us that investors were out there but "the cook" wouldn''t sell. I scoffed at that but now I have my doubts as it transpires Portsmouth have had 7 such owners in the last 5 years.............

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

City1st..I was having a little jest at City fans on here who made those comments....

and believed them!

But I''m wondering if they were right all along. How many told us that investors were out there but "the cook" wouldn''t sell. I scoffed at that but now I have my doubts as it transpires Portsmouth have had 7 such owners in the last 5 years.............

[/quote]

Do you know what Nutty?  I''m starting to revaluate my anti Delia stance on here, this scum and Portsmouth situations are setting my alarm bells off.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

and believed them!

[/quote]

Ah, irony! But, to make a serious point, there has always been (and still is) a very simple way of testing whether Smith and Jones really are prepared to sell. That is for some rich person to make a takeover offer, which would by definition go to shareholders, and follow it up with a PR campaign explaining to shareholders, fans and even non-fans in detail the virtues of their plan.

If that campaign was persuasive enough (because the offer was soundly-based) that would then force Smith and Jones to explain why they were going to use their shareholder majority to turn it down. If they failed to give satisfactory reasons then the pressure on them to cave in would be enormous.

But no-one has ever tried what seems an obvious strategy.

"City1st..I was having a little jest at City fans on here who made those comments...."

err, I did acknowldege that fact

I wonder though if the usual slow witted who salivate and shake when the word ''hinvestor'' is mentioned might care to wonder why so many of these ''hinvestments'' appear to feature at a club where the ground can be sold off ?

Of course unlike Portsmouth Marcus Evans has taken no steps to take control of the ground or ran up enormous debts - so all is ok at poorman road it would seem.

A headline on the BBC Championship site is "Paul Jewell ''scratching head'' over Championship" - no sh*t!