Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Asics shirt

If anyones interested i''m selling my asics shirt and giving the money to a good cause . I''m happy to sell all my others for the same reason but it seems to be the one shirt that''s fetching good prices Ebay item.120739757661

Love that shirt, I already have a retro style shirt I''m happy with but if I didn''t I would rather spend more money on an Asics shirt than buy the new replica shirt every season

I have one better... the white Asics away shirt... even rarer.. when i got it was for £80 on Ebay and still had the tags... never worn.. this was about 3 years ago.. you''ll often see me at Carrow Road in it on home games.

I don''t much post on here, but in my 31 years of regularly going to matches the Asics kit is still my favourite and also notable for the most expensive football shirt sponsorship deal at the time.

I too have invested in the white one, but it is also player worn with Football League badges. Pretty pricey but worth every penny!

OTBC

I can''t understand people''s ''snobbery'' about buying the new shirt.

I know it seems quite steep but probably no more than any other clothing, especially the amount of use you get out of it.

That said, I would like one of those classic asics home shirt.

The Asics shirt is my favourite of all time. Ive been looking for one for a little while.

I''d rather have the Asics one than ''the current'' one. You can only really wear ''the current'' one for a season where as the Asics one is a classic and can be worn season after season.

Good luck with the sale.

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a small or medium Asics shirt that they''ve outgrown and would like to swap for a large??

[quote user="09021980"]I don''t much post on here, but in my 31 years of regularly going to matches the Asics kit is still my favourite and also notable for the most expensive football shirt sponsorship deal at the time.

I too have invested in the white one, but it is also player worn with Football League badges. Pretty pricey but worth every penny!

OTBC[/quote]I have an Asics home, player worn, with FL badges and number 6 on the back – had it since ''new'' as my mum was a teacher and a FITC guy gave it to her 20 years ago. Who used to wear number 6 most frequently in the Asics days, would it have been Andy Townsend?I also have a Fosters Lager long-sleeved home with green and yellow chevrons down the (green) sleeves, also player worn number 6, although that''s not in quite as good condition as the Asics.Just out of interest, how much do people think they''d be worth/be prepared to pay for them?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Do you have a Large you would like to sell?[/quote]

Well the label has been cut out in mine at some point so I can''t verify that it''s defo a large but it''s a bit too big for me as they''re meant to be worn quite tight I think.  So may be a good time to sell it and see if I can find a medium or small to buy instead. 

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="09021980"]I don''t much post on here, but in my 31 years of regularly going to matches the Asics kit is still my favourite and also notable for the most expensive football shirt sponsorship deal at the time. I too have invested in the white one, but it is also player worn with Football League badges. Pretty pricey but worth every penny! OTBC[/quote]
I have an Asics home, player worn, with FL badges and number 6 on the back – had it since ''new'' as my mum was a teacher and a FITC guy gave it to her 20 years ago. Who used to wear number 6 most frequently in the Asics days, would it have been Andy Townsend?

I also have a Fosters Lager long-sleeved home with green and yellow chevrons down the (green) sleeves, also player worn number 6, although that''s not in quite as good condition as the Asics.

Just out of interest, how much do people think they''d be worth/be prepared to pay for them?
[/quote]

The replica asics go for anything between £30 and £100 on ebay. Match worn versions would be worth more though. Not sure about the Fosters.  What size is your asics?

Might be worth slightly less with the Tag Cut out. Im a medium, but have a feeling I''ll need a large as they probably a slimmer fit back in the 80''s.

PM with the amouth you would be looking for.

[quote user="Charlie Sierra"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="09021980"]I don''t much post on here, but in my 31 years of regularly going to matches the Asics kit is still my favourite and also notable for the most expensive football shirt sponsorship deal at the time. I too have invested in the white one, but it is also player worn with Football League badges. Pretty pricey but worth every penny! OTBC[/quote]I have an Asics home, player worn, with FL badges and number 6 on the back – had it since ''new'' as my mum was a teacher and a FITC guy gave it to her 20 years ago. Who used to wear number 6 most frequently in the Asics days, would it have been Andy Townsend?I also have a Fosters Lager long-sleeved home with green and yellow chevrons down the (green) sleeves, also player worn number 6, although that''s not in quite as good condition as the Asics.Just out of interest, how much do people think they''d be worth/be prepared to pay for them?[/quote]

The replica asics go for anything between £30 and £100 on ebay. Match worn versions would be worth more though. Not sure about the Fosters.  What size is your asics?

[/quote]Not sure, either medium or large I guess. I''m 5''9" and average build and it fits me fine.

I own the Asics in Yellow and green,it''s XL but fits more like a Large,they are alot tighter fit then todays shirts.

Why the current obsession with the Asics kit? It was a bit sh;t, really (and I still have one). Is it something to do with the ''twenty year trend cycle''? (Google it, kids)

[quote user="Gary Football"]Why the current obsession with the Asics kit? It was a bit sh;t, really (and I still have one). Is it something to do with the ''twenty year trend cycle''? (Google it, kids)[/quote]

It wasn''t particuarly liked at the time, lost a semi final in it as well.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Just found one in a charity shop in Luton

The price I paid? £4[/quote]Class well done,Anyone got a White Large they would like to sell?

Love that kit, it''s the reason my 6 year old self started supporting Nowich. Wonder if I still have it i the loft somewhere...

Found the replica 1905-1907 kit for sale on this site

www.toffs.com/Norwich-City-1905-1907/productinfo/1434/

I still have both home and away Asics shirts in large and good condition, probably wear these next season rather than buy the new shirt, its still my favourite design.

I still want someone to start reproducing the classic ''canary droppings'' shirt that served us so well in the early 90''s and in Europe, as it''s still my favourite.My old one is far too small now and had a bad run in with a washing machine over a decade ago as well... :(

The Asics shirt recently on ebay was a replica of a replica shirt, in other words a reproduction fake. There was no black on sleeves as I remember. Also, for two seasons the stripes went right across, in the third season instead of a new kit the stripes stopped before the logo giving off an imaginary line. If anyone wants to offer silly money for my two large mens let me know ;) 

I just bought the white one in large. Pretty sure I''ve got a medium home one kicking about, will try and find that now to see if I can sell/ swap for a large.

[quote user="JF"]Found the replica 1905-1907 kit for sale on this site www.toffs.com/Norwich-City-1905-1907/productinfo/1434/

[/quote]

I wouldn''t pay that for an unofficial replica.

I have the official boxed limited edition (of only 500) replica (bnwt) of that shirt.  I tried to sell it recently on ebay and it didn''t sell. That is despite me reducing the price several times, where it eventually ended up cheaper than that replica one.  I''m pleased that it didn''t sell as I would have been gutted if it went for so little.